2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

just to clarify - i definitely do not mean we should have both options to choose from (major logistical headache). i just meant if hidden rivets are possible, we could have a single poll to decide if the contest pair would have hidden or exposed rivets.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how 24 people voted for rivet #1, the most destructive rivet, and 68 people voted for rivet #2, thats 92 people that are excited about exposed rivets...thats a lot of people who aren't concerned with problems exposed rivets may or may not cause and don't have a problem with the decision. plus you guys are acting like rivet 2 is gonna be like rivet 1, they're not even close.

there is gonna be right?

There won't be but it's not a make or break for me, i'm in.

IMO the exposed rivets are gonna look great on the jeans. Just give it a chance. I mean if you have an Eames chair or sthg then of coz you don't want it scratched, but I personally just sit on regular chairs

might i add it's quite stimulating when youre rubbing it

Yeh like a -

Anyways I think would give the jeans a more vintage-y look, but oh well

I just don't like the exposed rivets for the same reason I don't like cinch-backs, it looks too rustic and old-timey to me. That look is fine if you are doing a completely rustic, old-timey pair of jeans from top to bottom, but I thought the original idea for these was to have a more modern styled jean, just with LHT denim. As it is it's a mish-mash of things I like and things I don't, so I'll probably sit it out, which is disappointing, but these details just don't suit the way I dress.

I really think a lot of people are jumping the gun here with the whole rivet thing. Like Aho said wait for the prototype to come out then decide if you wanna hate on them. I doubt it's going to ruin anyones style of dressing. The cut is a modern cut with just a few classic details. I think the cut is alittle more important that exposed rivets.

I think it's gunna look cool and can't wait till the release. I hope it's as early as possible but wouldn't mind If it was right towards the end of summer.

Are the arcs going to be black or yellow? That's the only thing I wasn't sure on?

Sry, don't wanna read the whole thread ;) Is there only the wrangler like patch or also a regular leather patch on the jean?

Like almost all jeans a patch on the waistband at the right.

And a wrangler style patch on the backpocket.

I was thinking:

What about a tab on the coinpocket? That is more unique and you won't fuck up the backpockets too much with a patch + tab.

It looks like red tab on the backpocket is going to be problematic from a legal standpoint anyway according to Gordon....We are currently going back and forth with some ideas, I asked him about maybe just including it unsewn (I think this is the best course of action) but maybe we'll think of another place to put it (ie: coinpocket etc.). Still waiting on word from Samurai right now though...

Yeah, the addition for the red tab in the polls was all my own doing but I figured we'd be able to work something out, especially since arcs wouldn't have been a problem....In any event it's always nice to have that option (even if unsewn) so it wasn't a waste to vote on it really in my opinion....

And I'm still waiting on word from Samurai...shouldn't be too much longer now!