Evisu is still loved!

benzak

tag size means nothing i have tagged size 29 which measure 32 as they sit on my hips.

I am a true 30 and in evisu mij no2 i went down to a 28 but they measure 30. When i order no1 one day i will order a 32 because they will start at 32 and then shrink to 30

i really don't understand how this is so hard to understand but go ahead and order whatever size you wish as they are your jeans at the end of the day

to throw another log on the fire, mr invincible sized down one have a look for his photo's if you wish

Don't bring No.2 sizing into it now Chambo :rolleyes:

Nothing beats a sizing question to get a thread a bit busy eh.

I would post a progress pic of my jeans, however my camera's battery is not charged, I'm too lazy, and there's not much progress. :-p

F*@k the picture, just tell us how you sized!!!

Thing is it's hard for me to understand the size thing just as I usually am size 30 in other brands, nudie, Armani, Paul smith etc so then funding out that a size 32 fits me in Evisu after trying them is ok but then to be told you need to size up 2 from that to 34 just seems a bit odd!! :(

All these brands you just mentioned (except for some instances of PS Red Ear) do what they call vanity sizing. It means that tagged size is never true to size. So if the tagged size says 32 it's really a 34 or sometimes a 36. Since the denim is all ready preshrunk, the waist will stay larger than tagged size. It's to make fat blokes feel better about their waist lines and it sells more jeans.

Evisu No. Specials stay true to their original inspiration, Levi's 501, which always shrank from it's tagged size. Another good example of a brand that does this is the old Denime XX. If you wanted a waist of 34 you usually have to buy 1 to 2 sizes up. Now, companies like Samurai or PBJ compensate for this by sizing up from their tagged size (a 32 would measure a 34) so that the jeans will eventually shrink to the tagged size.

Shrink to fit is very unpredictable, especially a pair of Evisu No. 1 Specials. It actually one of the few details that enthusiasts love. Jeans that keep shrinking and changing as you wear and wash them is something that most of the people on this board covet. It starts to express the wearers' lifestyle and personality.

In conclusion, my suggestion to you is, embrace the difficulty of figuring out your waist size. So what if it's one size bigger than you intended? It'll give something to do, trying to shrink it down just right. I have quite a few pairs that fit too big or too tight. For me, it's fun and it's love.

/RAMBLE

Shrink to fit is very unpredictable, especially a pair of Evisu No. 1 Specials. It actually one of the few details that enthusiasts love. Jeans that keep shrinking and changing as you wear and wash them is something that most of the people on this board covet. It starts to express the wearers' lifestyle and personality.

In conclusion, my suggestion to you is, embrace the difficulty of figuring out your waist size. So what if it's one size bigger than you intended? It'll give something to do, trying to shrink it down just right. I have quite a few pairs that fit too big or too tight. For me, it's fun and it's love.

/RAMBLE

This is some of the best advice I've seen on here, regarding STF (or not) jeans...as long as there's not too much of a difference in waist size, then the ball's in your court when it comes to making the jeans work for you and within your style. My 2111s are loose on the waist, whereas my 2000s are a snug fit. Both are much-loved jeans, and the difference in fit (and silhouette) give me more options when it comes to getting dressed in the morning.

I shudder when I hear of grown men going on about 'rotation' of jeans (or shoes), as you're kinda missing the point when what you're wearing is at least partially dictated by what you're 'supposed' to be wearing as per a rotation timetable. And don't get me started on prissiness when it comes to washing jeans...

Where what you want, when you want, and keep in mind that jeans only really start to develop proper character after a much longer period than the six- or twelve-month rule that seems to be the standard with a lot of people on here...

/rant

Happy New Year! :D

CTB, freezie, demonito, coleslaw and chambo, Thankyou! All the stuff you guys have helped with and talked about had made it work for me now, and your right about the fit, it shouldn't matter and by the sounds of it they will work out just fine anyway. Thanks for all your advice.

My contact in Japan is getting back to me when the Evisu store opens up again in the new year! So watch this space I guess!

CTB, freezie, demonito, coleslaw and chambo, Thankyou! All the stuff you guys have helped with and talked about had made it work for me now, and your right about the fit, it shouldn't matter and by the sounds of it they will work out just fine anyway. Thanks for all your advice.

My contact in Japan is getting back to me when the Evisu store opens up again in the new year! So watch this space I guess!

You're welcome. Don't forget to show your fit pics when you get them.

wtb: new or practically new, Macau-made Evisu No. 1 Special in D80 (black gull)

size 36

Mine are getting too big. I washed em up for some repairs before I store them, and it struck me how fond I've grown of them. Low-buck stuff turned into a treasured pair!

I don't either. Just sayin. So long as you don't wash like every time you wear, and don't wait until they reek to wash, you're OK.

I usually shoot for 2 weeks to 8 weeks between washes but I sure as hell don't keep track and if, a week after washing, I fall into a pit filled with pig shit, I wash.

black selvage line on black denim is nice. don't like the red painting on the left pocket, red gull is acceptable for me.

don't show much signs of wear at all. are there any examples of nicely worn in black Evisu denim?

Don't think I've seen any, so I'm interested in how these turn out...I kinda like the paint design, although it's not for me.

I don't either. Just sayin. So long as you don't wash like every time you wear, and don't wait until they reek to wash, you're OK.

I usually shoot for 2 weeks to 8 weeks between washes but I sure as hell don't keep track and if, a week after washing, I fall into a pit filled with pig shit, I wash.

I'm just interested in how jeans are sizing after very long term wear and lots of washes.

I'm just interested in how jeans are sizing after very long term wear and lots of washes.

they shrink alot. of course, i have never measured them, so i dont know how much.

thing is, evisu always is changing the denim they use for the no 1, so my pair could be different than a new pair, or a pair from 3 years ago.

maybe it's because I wear a big size (38) but I find that most of my jeans basically shrink and stretch back out to a "baseline" measurement EVERY TIME I wash them. These no.2 evisus are mostly an exception since they are sanforized (I'd say shrinkage is very very minimal and goes away within 2 days, compared to very very maximal and two weeks to stretch back out on my VX denim samurais).