Evisu is still loved!

benzak

haven't had a moment to finish taking the post-wash/dry pics and post all of the pics, but i have to say, as cheap said, these are the finest jeans i have ever owned.

i followed the evisu advice to the letter, and my patch didn't get destroyed (wetting it before and once during the drying process seemed to take care of that.) i put on some obenhauf's after it was dry and that seemed to help to condition the patch a bit, i want to do another coat tonight, as it seems to have absorbed all the obenhauf's and still wants more.

one question, these have shrunk an absurd amount (forgot to measure pre-wash size, so i'm not sure exactly how much) but before i hem them, i am wondering how much they will continue to shrink in length, if at all.

will post the pics by tomorrow, but thanks to everyone for the advice!

raw

2000no1rawfront.jpg

2000n01rawback.jpg

after 2 x hot wash followed by hot dry.

front2000.jpg

back2000.jpg

sideview2000.jpg

selvedge.jpg

closeupti.jpg

The fit's very good...i have to do a double take every time I see that black selvage though as my brain always tells me that it's stitched...

And you jeans might be an older batch made without the inner patch, mr.invincible. They only seem to be found on jeans made in the last couple of years or so, as far as I know.

fit is like mine after 2 hot soaks. is it a tripple cuff? what's the inseam on yours right now?

the inseam is slightly less than 34" from a tagged 35" (forgot to measure pre-wash) so i'm concerned that there's a good deal more shrinkage to go on the inseam.

it's a double-cuff, i think (edge flipped up and then rolled over, and then rolled over again)

The fit's very good...i have to do a double take every time I see that black selvage though as my brain always tells me that it's stitched...

yeah, me too. although i don't think the selvedge looks as nice as others i have seen, i wonder how it will age (i.e. as the denim fades it may look better.)

that's a big part of why i want to figure out the shrinkage left, though, as i am considering hemming them close to my actual inseam and not cuffing them at all, but that's a dangerous gamble at this point if i might lose another 2 inches in inseam to shrinkage.

maybe another hot wash and dry is in order, from what i have read on this thread i won't lose much indigo if i do that.

you sure its gonna fit you anyway?

It should fit me perfectly. At worst if it doesn't my girlfriend really likes the look of it as well. Though im sure it will and imma wear the crap out of it all summer.

CBT lost them in the last 5 seconds. Wondering if someone here got them.

I wasn't gonna go any higher, even though the pics the seller sent me were very tempting...the jeans had the 'Evis Industries' brace buttons, and were in near deadstock condition. Nice jeans, but nothing better than what I've got already...

I took delivery today of a pair of deadstock 80s adidas OG trainers, so I'm happy :D

I think we should have a no ebay links rule!

+1.

I know it's a nause for people who want authenticity checks and that, but it's a fucker when summat pops up that you've been after for ages, or you spend some time looking for rare shite, and then it gets broadcast to an international audience (ok, mebbe a little melodramatic, but you get my point)...

There seems to be a lot of Evis, deadstock or otherwise, surfacing at the moment...think it's all from when a few select boutiques and other shops imported small amounts of stock from Japan, for those in the know, and before Evisu International...

Good stuff, the only downside being that the tabs seem to have been cut off at the time to avoid the usual complications...

My first pair of Evis came in today thanks to sutocorp. I really wanted this pair as they didnt have too much fading and the gulls were still in pretty good condition. As CTB has told me these are Lot 2501XX which apparently is the original lot number for the now 2001's. They had some pretty heavy creases when I got them I suppose because they had been folded and put away for a very long time so im going to try and loosen them up.

evis_no2_f.jpg

evis_no2_b.jpg

evis_no2_gulls.jpg

evis_no2_closeup.jpg