Evisu is still loved!

benzak

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5544/evisno1230.jpg

Just testing out my new camera, here are my latest jeans both Lot 2000 in No.1 and 2. The No.1 denim is on the left you can see the slight colour difference from the No.2's. I'll be hot soaking the No.1's over the weekend so i'll do some before and after fit pics. So happy to finally have some Evisu. The quality and craftsmanship is amazing. Now I just gotta wear em

new 2000s are awesome so far

a bit baggier than I expected. maybe they haven't fully shrunk yet though... I hot soaked for about 15m and then hung dry them over night. they fit great but based on the measurements, I expected them a bit slimmer, and they're rather relaxed. Loving the huge inseam as a tall guy. the silver in the selvedge is gorgeous.

thinking about hot soaking them once more after this weekend ends to get any final shrinkage/indigo out of them (it was running off on my shoes a bit yet).).

My thoughts exactly, found hot soaking not enough to shrink them fully, a few hot machine washes does the trick, got mine hemmed a bit too short and so sold them, got another pair comin soon :)

new 2000s are awesome so far

a bit baggier than I expected. maybe they haven't fully shrunk yet though... I hot soaked for about 15m and then hung dry them over night. they fit great but based on the measurements, I expected them a bit slimmer, and they're rather relaxed. Loving the huge inseam as a tall guy. the silver in the selvedge is gorgeous.

thinking about hot soaking them once more after this weekend ends to get any final shrinkage/indigo out of them (it was running off on my shoes a bit yet).

the denim is so nice. Hairy like my Heritage No1s but it's got a thicker feel to it. My Heritage No1s feel so soft and flexable (where as my Heritage No13s are still like a starchy rock after half a year and a wash).

BiG was amazing too (talked to them a lot about the right fit, gulls/tags, etc and getting the exact pair I wanted).

wait... so you took gordons time and energy to find the right size and fit you wanted, and then bought them from japan? if so, neg rep.

wait... so you took gordons time and energy to find the right size and fit you wanted, and then bought them from japan? if so, neg rep.

I don't see where he mentioned buying them from Japan in the post you qouted.

Also, on BiG's website, other than the 2000 #1 plain, there aren't many sizes in stock for the other models. So, if he did buy elsewhere, that might have been under advice from BiG.

I emailed BiG some time ago asking if they were getting in new sizes of Evisu but they werent sure. I guessed for me it was like an extra $60 to go with a proxy but you do get the choice to have handpainted gulls.

Im not sure they have any short term plans to get more in which is a shame. Would be cool if they got some different coloured gulls in maybe some handpainted aswell.

Dont see anything wrong with it and im sure you have done the same at some point even if it less hassle on the shop. Also its clear BIG cant supply all the fits, sizes and details so at the very least they have some nice feedback from someone who might at another point in time become a customer.

Dont see anything wrong with it and im sure you have done the same at some point even if it less hassle on the shop. Also its clear BIG cant supply all the fits, sizes and details so at the very least they have some nice feedback from someone who might at another point in time become a customer.

no... ive never done that. if i asked for his advice it was for something i got from him... just like i wont try shit on in a store and then buy it online. honestly, ive found sufu is good enough for finding out how to size.

of course, ive never bought anything from gordon either. or rakuten... or selfedge... or any online shop. ive bought one pair of jeans from samurai directly, and the rest were gifts or trades or supermarket purchases. if i had the money for a pair of jeans tho, i would go to gordon.

HEADS UP

I will be selling a NEW pair of Evisu No.1 cut 1999 in size 36 with WHITE HANDPAINT gulls. Got it through proxy from www.evisu.jp.The jeans have not been worn and only soaked. Selling because of financial issues.

Cut 1999 is perfect, perfect balance between the too low rise 2000 cut and the extreme hipflare of the 2001 cut. Really don't want to sell but really need money.

It will be with pictures on the supermarket this afternoon when I can get some pictures up. Im so poor now I have to move apartments before I can find time to take pictures.

PM if interested, pics price etc will be in supermarket very shortly