Durrty Dozen +2 offical threak

cheapmuthafukr

Received denim. Slightly big, will have to find way to work with wardrobe. Slubby, pokey are words i would use. Also some nice details on denim.

Poly, you forgot to sign your name on them!!

i was thinking about that when they were already boxed up. that can tell you my mind hasn't been all there the past month...lol. sign me in if you can D_D

mine arrive tomorrow

but

i dont wanna play this game no more

1. poly-la 9th nov - 9th dec (ish)

2. digital denim-san fransisco

3. red-oakland

4. ddml-philly

5. miz-japan

7. tweeds/syb-london

8.almostnice

9. rofl -somewhere in america

10. headtowall-maryland

11.jimmyc

12. cheap-jacksonville

13. Beatle

i dont wanna play this game no more

1. poly-la 9th nov - 9th dec (ish)

2. digital denim-san fransisco

3. red-oakland

4. ddml-philly

5. miz-japan

7. tweeds/syb-london

8.almostnice

9. rofl -somewhere in america

10. headtowall-maryland

11.jimmyc

12. cheap-jacksonville

13. Beatle

^:eek: that´s a pity.

I figured since there has not been an in depth look at the MF tour jeans I'd post a closer look at the pair I'm currently wearing. Xposted from the Mister Freedom thread, per way of cottonduck.net:

The new Riders Dungarees made out of Sugar Cane's raw 14oz. 50/50 (50% cotton, 50% sugar cane that is!) left hand twill, SC301 "Okinawa" denim, with the pockets and side cinch in a 11oz. version of the same denim.

This denim has become somewhat synonymous with MFSC jeans as, with the exception of the 7163, all other jeans as well as a lot of the tops are done in this denim, however this is the first pair done completely in just this denim.

Pockets have been moved all the way to the side for more comfort in the saddle, and the ankle pockets first seen on the N-1K Deck pants make another appearance in case one prefers to keep the backpockets completely empty during those long rides (be it by bike, car or desk chair...) or just to be able to take that little extra with you when needed. They've so far come in very handy for me as I have been carrying my gloves in them when not on my hands during these cold winter days.

Sizing, soaking and shrinkage:

By now I trust that I can simply go for a 32 in MFSC jeans and get a fit that will work for me. The only issue with these was the length, as they are a fixed 34 inch pre shrinkage, with little option to let out the hem. With my long legs this means I could hardly afford any shrinkage in the length, but I still wanted the top block fitted. I briefly considered not soaking them at all, but in the end decided against it. Solved it by going for a short lukewarm soak in the tub and taking the bottom of the legs out the water half way through, after that yanking on the legs as hard as possible the moment I took the jeans out of the water.

This does mean that I have to be careful with washing these in the future, they will most likely only receive handwashes.

Line dried and then worn damp to shape.

R0012775resized.jpg

R0012779resized.jpg

The colour difference between the two different weights of denim becomes hardly noticeable after soaking

Fit pics:

Dungarees%20fits.jpg

Christophe himself describes these as a mid-rise, late 50's silhouette.

On me they fit straight and slim with a little anti-fit in the seat. I actually like the length and think it works really well worn with boots.

I do think that it would be smart to have a "long configuration" for future jeans with a fixed length and no material to let out, simply for the long legged folks out there who aren't as comfortable with short jeans as I am...

R0012783resized.jpg

R0012790resized.jpg

Card stock pocket flasher stapled to the right backpocket.

R0012800resized.jpg

R0012789resized.jpg

Sideview with the slashpockets and side cinch straps. The 11oz. covert cloth lined "Never Rippum" pockets worked directly into the lap felled outseams at the hip and ankle

R0012786resized.jpg

A close-up of the steel "Buzz" domed rivets

R0012801resized.jpg

what seems to be an inevitable side effect from sewing makes for an interesting stitch detail at the bottom of the pockets

R0012831resized.jpg

"Bar tacked at points of stress" and a hint of red showing in the watch pocket

R0012828resized.jpg

a close up of the denim, lots of character and still quite hairy before being soaked

R0012797resized.jpg

An almost obscene look into the watchpocket, more on plaid the fabric below

R0012822resized.jpg

Almost a MF signature by now, horizontal stitching along the waistband. The whole jean is stitched with a 100% cotton dark navy thread, hardly visible for now, but it will pop out once the indigo starts to fall. Also the new rayon label positioned on the extra wide center back beltloop

R0012816resized.jpg

The incredibly clean inside, either selvedge or hand felled seams. In fact you wont find one overlock stitch throughout the whole jeans. The bottom of the pocketbags, made of the same covert cloth as seen on the Mechanic shirt, is even cut along the fabric's selvedge, this to prevent the need for overlocking or the very neat looking, but thicker French/English seam solution

R0012815resized.jpg

The fabric used for the watchpocket is a deadstock cotton HBT plaid Mister Freedom found a small amount of, the majority of this fabric was used to line the sleeves of this seasons Mullholland Master, with a small batch reserved for the Dungarees watchpocket

R0012808resized.jpg

R0012818resized.jpg

Some more close-ups of the inside. The buttons are all black painted, steel donut buttons which will age nicely over time. The waist has a "Laurel" button while the fly gets the smaller plain style

R0013049resized.jpg

An alternate way to feed the strap through the cinch shows the covert cloth lining quite well and it also makes for a nice accent of a different kind of blue

R0013058resized.jpg

Finally, an Union ticket stitched inside the seam of the right backpocket, I had no clue it was there until it appeared from behind the pocket flasher. The pockets are all fully lined so you don't notice that the pockets themselves are actually made out of a lighter weight denim than the rest of the jeans