Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

• 1 month later...

On friday i stopped into rising sun and got the ranch jacket in duck that i had been wanting for awhile now. Got to meet mike and his staff. they were great and very helpfull and friendly. i put in an order for some new items they are about to make aswell. Just wanted to give this thread a bump and thank them for their help and hospitality.

I just made the trip down to pick up some pants. A little teaser for now:

016800x600.jpg

I also got the chance to snap some picks of a new jacket that has been in the works for some time:

001800x600r.jpg

002800x600m.jpg002800x600m.jpg

003800x600e.jpg

005800x600c.jpg

Suitably teased... You've got to love that new Wabash duck.

Generally in my eyes Rising Sun can do no wrong. It seems that every piece they come out with sets the old green eyed monster on edge, but I'm not sure I'm completely in love with the new jacket. I think the foundation and the detailing are not in complete harmony. It's like there are two seperate zeitgeists trying to inhabit the same totem.

thats not the "dandy" jacket or is it @rnrswitch? if its not did u get pics of the dandy jacket too (mike hodis told me abt it sometime ago)? they seem to have a lot of stuff never put up on the blog or catalog? pity im not demonito and cant just jump on my private jet and fly from jakarta to rising sun! :P

Here are some pics of the jeans. For more pics head on over to denimbro:

http://www.denimbro....t1081.html#1081

027600x800.jpg

031600x800.jpg

033800x600m.jpg

Those blacksmiths were custom so I was able to pick any old patch. I like the printed linen patch as well, but after seeing the thick leather patch I had to snatch it.

I've emailed rising sun about the a.b. elfelt but still no responds after 3 days. does anyone know if they are still available. i know rising sun only made 32 pairs back then so the chance of get hold of a pair now will be very slim.

I think rs has been outta comission for the past couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looking so good in that pic that I had to come out of hiding to post about it.