Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

how'd he get that tear?

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty jealous about whoever gets this. They put one on hold for me, but I just can't justify it right now... oh well.

engineer jacket

Pretty jealous about whoever gets this. They put one on hold for me, but I just can't justify it right now... oh well.

engineer jacket

lovely jacket and beautiful car... I guess they make a pretty good profit to afford that rolling beauty....

Pretty fuckin jealous. What size did you get. i had a medium on hold.

Thanks.

BTW eltopo. Those AB Elfelts are lookin good. I still throw mine in the rotation every once in a while. They should get more wear once the ROY contest is over.

here's a few pics of my engineer jacket, sorry for the bad pics, phones all i got

Rising Sun engineer jacket and bandana, weight is beautiful on this just right for northern CA. ill get to wear this alot, the Rising Sun buttons on this are very cool

5868550638_3eda3a3797_z.jpg

5868589542_493f386c6f.jpg

and here's a pic of my blacksmiths, had these the longest of all my Rising Sun pieces. one hand wash no soap, about 6 months of wear. love these jeans

5867991691_33b5e48835_z.jpg

this company has beautiful pieces, hopelessly addicted, ill post pics of my other Rising Sun gear later. cheers guys

u guys seen the stitching on the back/front pockets of the straight razor model? is that part of rising sun's much touted "beauty of the single needle stitching, its wabi-sabi irregularity etc" or are they starting to get a bit sloppy?

this guy complained of imperfect stitching on his indigo vest and having compared my new vest with (okay) pictures of the old version, it does seem the stitching in this season's version is not as nice. i compared the stitchcount on mine (in some places) with the one from the first iteration of the vest (great photos in the beginning of this thread), and it seems theyve slacked off on that too (stitchcount not as high).

hmmm.

they're finally using raw denim!? (i hope i was correct in remembering sanfornized)

they're finally using raw denim!? (i hope i was correct in remembering sanfornized)

They have always been using raw denim. They typically use lighter weight 10 to 12 oz sanforized denim though.

u guys seen the stitching on the back/front pockets of the straight razor model? is that part of rising sun's much touted "beauty of the single needle stitching, its wabi-sabi irregularity etc" or are they starting to get a bit sloppy?

this guy complained of imperfect stitching on his indigo vest and having compared my new vest with (okay) pictures of the old version, it does seem the stitching in this season's version is not as nice. i compared the stitchcount on mine (in some places) with the one from the first iteration of the vest (great photos in the beginning of this thread), and it seems theyve slacked off on that too (stitchcount not as high).

hmmm.

In talking with one of the dudes at Rising Sun I know some of the little single needle squiggly lines are intentionally done to give the "hand made" look. I don't know what happened on that vest posted on the fedora lounge, but that looks like the tailor ran out of thread midway through sewing the arm pit seem. That just happens. You will see it on some MF pieces and other pieces as well.

I think it falls into the wabi-sabi category. Personally I would like them not to intentionally put the squiggly single needle lines in there, because they will happen eventually, and then when you get a piece that has some wabi-sabi faults they will be more of a process defect, rather than an intended defect.

I'd be surprised if the jeans they chose to photograph for the catalog were the sloppy ones and thats its wabi-sabi intentional. all my pieces have irregular stitching on them in some form. i have several pieces from several different companies that have this style.

As far as the stitch count. I own 6 pieces and I don't notice this stitch count difference. the blacksmith, vest, AB's, neustadters, jackets all the same, sometimes when the machines go over multiple layers there is a stitchcount difference but thats natural especially on a single stitch sewing machine, nothing major.