so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

great repair he's done

this thread is inspiring, gonna play with my sewing machine for the next few days

and miz, if you don't mind, I second sayocean's request on asking what kuniyoshi-san's views/methods of washing are.

Although I kinda just wash whenever, I'd be really interested. I'm sure the tons of others who view this thread would be interested too

just came back from having burgers with kuniyoshi-san.

about wearing and washing, kuniyoshi-san just wears the jeans. he doesn't crease or do anything extra. also, he is an advocate of washing. he says if you don't wash, the bacteria will eat away at the threads, weakening them and causing tears.

he says jeans last a lot longer if you wash them.

Would koniyashi-san be open for us supplying the denim we want the jeans made with. Like if someone can get their hands on the tweed denim from white oak that left field uses.

Also, I can't believe he says you should wash your jeans. What a noob (j/k). Tell him he gets a virtual neg rep from me for that flub. (hahaha)

Yeah, I can't wait til BIG gets those jeans in a raw state. I have BIG credit and that is where it is going.

just came back from having burgers with kuniyoshi-san.

about wearing and washing, kuniyoshi-san just wears the jeans. he doesn't crease or do anything extra. also, he is an advocate of washing. he says if you don't wash, the bacteria will eat away at the threads, weakening them and causing tears.

he says jeans last a lot longer if you wash them.

would he have a specific time he washes them?

Would koniyashi-san be open for us supplying the denim we want the jeans made with. Like if someone can get their hands on the tweed denim from white oak that left field uses.

Also, I can't believe he says you should wash your jeans. What a noob (j/k). Tell him he gets a virtual neg rep from me for that flub. (hahaha)

That denim is all gone and is never to return, sorry...

That's what you think. I am sitting on a bolt of it. For no good reason.

Why don't you share some of the wealth...

Wow, getting jeans made is so cool.

I'd really like to get a pair with this denim fabric for sale on eBay.

Its the old 13-14oz stuff Wrangler used I think (very like the LVC pre-1920's jeans too).http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-13-14-oz-RAW-Dark-Blue-Ring-Spun-Selvage-Denim_W0QQitemZ120418633958

I bet it will fade awesome!

You're willing to spend ~$100 for fabric alone? And I don't think it's Wrangler since Wrangler used broken-twill. That's LHT

^^^ thanks, man.

yeah, just had a meeting with kuniyoshi-san about the website. i will be traveling around for the next couple weeks so i won't be able to start till i get back. gotta pack now, flight is in a few hours...

Enjoy the trip! I'll miss the frequent updates but expect you'll have a lot to post upon your return...

Who is PDO. I need some scraps for repairs.

Wow...what an absolutely fantastic thread...and what a remarkable victory for everyone involved. I think I will have a hard time not having Kuniyoshi-san make my next pair of jeans.