so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

This confuses me. I thought the length on selvedge denim takes up to 10 washes to shrink completely.

My experience is that they do shrink a bit more, but for the most part it is another 1/2 inch or so, not to mention they stretch back out soon after.

it would only go with reason that the first wash or two will be the most dramatic. the first because thats the first water exposure, the next few since the sizing (note the name of it) has to go away some to allow the fibers to fully constrict. correct me if wrong.

Pic's??? (10 Char)

the first wash usually has the most drastic shrinkage. kuniyoshi-san said that the particular denim he uses does most of its shrinking during the first wash. some denims take longer to shrink.

i am back from tokyo and paris. had an incredible time!

I just stumbled onto this thread and it is the most fascinating read I have had in a long time. From the concept of wabi-sabi to the "shoes that look better with age" thread and now this, Mizanation is the true renaissance man of Superfuture!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Miz,

I had been considering doing the Denime contest, but after seeing your thread, decided I would rather go custom. Can Kuniyoshi-San do a '66 cut? LHT, etc? I'm really liking the detail and the attention put into these jeans.

Can we pick them up ourselves in Okinawa? Always, looking for another excuse to travel.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey miz,

great thread. only stumbled onto it yesterday....

have been through the factories and manufacturing proccesses in Kojima recently, you've documented the process very thoroughly. next you'll have to go through the denim mills and see the looms the denim is made on.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, but what about a large group buy for a contest. Each picks the cut and the denim. In the end kuniyoshi gets pics of his jeans after a year of hard wear and some much deserved attention. Not that miz hasn't already done him a great service showcasing his skillz.

Yeah, but what about a large group buy for a contest. Each picks the cut and the denim. In the end kuniyoshi gets pics of his jeans after a year of hard wear and some much deserved attention. Not that miz hasn't already done him a great service showcasing his skillz.

sounds real dope...

I have no idea how I missed this thread..just read every page..amazing pictures - amazing thread..hope life is good, miz

+1

hey Miz, you think Kuniyoshi-san may know Ryo and Hiro or have heard of Ooe Yofukuten...

they seem to do similar stuff, imagine the three of them hooking up for a collab :D

does kuniyoshi-san do any wholesale production?

he can't do huge numbers, but he can do orders up to a couple hundred. he still sews each one, but he will have the fabric cut at another factory.

if you guys want to do a contest, i'm sure he will we be down.

I have no idea how I missed this thread..just read every page..amazing pictures - amazing thread..hope life is good, miz

life is great, beats! having fun....

+1

hey Miz, you think Kuniyoshi-san may know Ryo and Hiro or have heard of Ooe Yofukuten...

they seem to do similar stuff, imagine the three of them hooking up for a collab :D

i asked him about ooe yofukuten and he did not know about them.

everyone wants a contest for every jean out there...

I think the more "contests" the better. I just think people need to be a little more dedicated when "entering" a contest. It seems like most are only doing it to get a deal on the jeans and they never put much wear into the jeans.