arcteryx veilance

There are apparats this season.  Ssense and a bunch of other sellers I'm sure has them right now.

Cheers! I checked there site a few days ago but I guess they just got them in. Hopefully they start popping up on other sites soon in other colours. (sorry about the negative rep hit the wrong button and don't know how to undo it.)

I've tried out the veilance cargo pants and they are excellent.  Less skinny than the Voronoi, and comes with the vertical side pockets, and they have pockets inside(I love the pockets in pockets).  If you happen to chance upon them I highly suggest you try it out.

I have not kept track of what is in for the 2016 Spring collection tho.

Ya those look good too. Doesn't look like made them last season. hopefully they come out with something similar again.

FYI I've talked to the staff at the Factory store and they say that they are expecting a shipment of discounted veilance gear in the first week of next month.

Let's talk about veilance.

I have the:
Fall 2011 Hooded Wool Jacket. It's amazing, the design is phenomenal, in the picture you'll see two big pockets on the outside however, there are pockets sewn inside on the backing. This allows both my wallet and phone to be suspended, without touching the floor of the pocket.  On the other pocket there is a small hook to store the keys suspended in the pocket. The cuffs are spot on in how they are constructed, and tapered in the right way.

It was the first veilance piece I owned and also my favorite.

Fall 2013 Scend Jacket.  Just as Versatile as the Hooded Wool jacket I have, but lacking in the phenomenally designed pockets.  Great piece when the weather is not so great in Vancouver.  Little known fact the lower sleeve, collar, and hood is made from gore tex.  

Spring 2015 Actuator Jacket.  A slim no frills incognito rain jacket, what makes the jacket great is how I got it.  I was invited to a private Arcteryx gathering, one of the warrenty department staff remarked at my old early 2000 sidewinder jacket, in which the seams were delaminating and the powder skirt was falling off to name a few problems.  They offered to replace my jacket with a new jacket of similar value, as part of the warrenty of the jacket.  So I traded in my old Arcteryx Sidewinder for an Actuator.  There are issues with the jacket being the cuff, but knowing how great the warranty department is, I know I can always trade in the Actuator for a new jacket.

My Field LT jacket showed some manufacturing issues with the closure at the cuffs.

After opening a warranty case I got it finally replaced With a normal Field jacket.

Very happy with the replacement, procedure and the people from warranty department.

Additionally I just ordered the last black Actuator jacket from Veilance homepage.

Arris looks if it's the successor of the Actuator.

Anyone know why the new Arris jacket is so much more expensive than the Actuator?

Additionally I just ordered the last black Actuator jacket from Veilance homepage.

Arris looks if it's the successor of the Actuator.

Anyone know why the new Arris jacket is so much more expensive than the Actuator?

The Actuator have been around for multiple seasons, and its' design is quite simple.  

Arris on the other hand is brand new, and has associated RND costs etc.  The design looks to be much more complicated as the hoody style pockets have zippers now, with an interesting waist cuff design.

There's also no official page and all the online stores seem to vary in price.

IMO the align shell is a much better deal as the hood and collar are independent units, with zippered chest and side pockets.

The Actuator have been around for multiple seasons, and its' design is quite simple.  

Arris on the other hand is brand new, and has associated RND costs etc.  The design looks to be much more complicated as the hoody style pockets have zippers now, with an interesting waist cuff design.

There's also no official page and all the online stores seem to vary in price.

IMO the align shell is a much better deal as the hood and collar are independent units, with zippered chest and side pockets.

There's no official page?  http://veilance.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&CMPID=Google|veilance%20arcteryx|p|77866725085|c|&gclid=CI7Ixq_kh8sCFQsPaQodk0YP8A

And veilance (like many other brands) is getting more expensive every season, not necessarily to do with associated RND costs.  Look at the pricing of the monitor LT; it's gone up the last 2 years.

There's no official page?  http://veilance.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&CMPID=Google|veilance%20arcteryx|p|77866725085|c|&gclid=CI7Ixq_kh8sCFQsPaQodk0YP8A

And veilance (like many other brands) is getting more expensive every season, not necessarily to do with associated RND costs.  Look at the pricing of the monitor LT; it's gone up the last 2 years.

Arcteryx Veilance hasn't released an official 2016SS catalogue was what i meant, so there isn't an offical Arris page.

My Field LT jacket showed some manufacturing issues with the closure at the cuffs.

After opening a warranty case I got it finally replaced With a normal Field jacket.

Very happy with the replacement, procedure and the people from warranty department.

Hi, I'm new to this forum but also have a Field LT from SS15. I have only discovered a small delamination at the bottom hem a month ago and just had the jacket back from warranty repair (I only got this jacket for 3 months but they couldn't offer a replacement since it's just a 5mm spot). May I ask what kind of problem you had with your Field LT cuff closure?

Also I'm planning to sell my Field LT for £450 including worldwide UPS shipping (any suggestion on price? The jacket is in pristine condition) and will be posting it on eBay soon. It's in black, size XS. Cheers guys.

Edited by damagedroid

My NEW and unworn Field LT is for sale for $400. You're price is HIGH.

Hey, thanks for your feedback! I honestly don't know how exactly the value of this jacket would be after the warranty repair. I meant other than that spot, the garment itself is all good as it's rarely used. I got it for £850 (original retail price in the UK), any idea on how much I should list it for? Many thanks!

Edited by damagedroid

Didn't realise the price difference is that much between different places.. But I'll have a look on it; thank you Caligari!

It's rough but Veilance has really bad resale value, especially for non-Canadian purchases.

For a brand that has as much quality as AV does, it kinda makes me sad that resale isn't better.

It's rough but Veilance has really bad resale value, especially for non-Canadian purchases.

For a brand that has as much quality as AV does, it kinda makes me sad that resale isn't better.

Veilance resale value is relatively low because:

• they have a lot of stockists who reliably offer discounts every season.
  • they release almost the same items every year i.e. hyped sold out items like the apparats and nomin pack had high resale values for a while but, after a couple seasons of restocks, the resale value went down.
So unless you have a discontinued item (spec pants anyone?) or a rare colorway (odessa green anyone?) it's hard to get a resale near msrp. On the other hand, at the rate of veilance msrp inflation, you might not lose too much

Veilance resale value is relatively low because:

• they have a lot of stockists who reliably offer discounts every season.
  • they release almost the same items every year i.e. hyped sold out items like the apparats and nomin pack had high resale values for a while but, after a couple seasons of restocks, the resale value went down.
So unless you have a discontinued item (spec pants anyone?) or a rare colorway (odessa green anyone?) it's hard to get a resale near msrp. On the other hand, at the rate of veilance msrp inflation, you might not lose too much

I actually had a conversation with one of their staff and was told that the Field LT jacket will be discontinued and there will only be one Field Jacket in the future which is normally released for A/W collection. In this case, Gabrel Jacket from SS16 is some sort of successor I guess – only it's made of Windstopper, not Gore-Tex.

By the way, a small question about Field LT Jacket (SS15) and Field Jacket (AW15):

I know that the Field Jacket is equipped with tougher face fabric for higher durability; however, on choice of waterproof membrane, why AV makes Field LT Jacket with Gore-Tex Pro 3L, whereas the Field Jacket only receives normal Gore-Tex 3L?

Edited by damagedroid

Hi, I'm new to this forum but also have a Field LT from SS15. I have only discovered a small delamination at the bottom hem a month ago and just had the jacket back from warranty repair (I only got this jacket for 3 months but they couldn't offer a replacement since it's just a 5mm spot). May I ask what kind of problem you had with your Field LT cuff closure?

The webbing strap was not sewn correctly, it was purely a manufacturing fault. It was too long at the end so that the look of the strap at the cuff was "weird". It wasn't possible to repair.

I wanted to have a Field LT as replacement but my size wasn't available anymore and I was told that Field LT isn't coming back for S/S16. So,I choosed the standard Field jacket.

Btw S/S16 should officially go live on Feb 28th.

I

I know that the Field Jacket is equipped with tougher face fabric for higher durability; however, on choice of waterproof membrane, why AV makes Field LT Jacket with Gore-Tex Pro 3L, whereas the Field Jacket only receives normal Gore-Tex 3L?

they're the same membrane. the difference is in the face and backer.

Thank you @droffen & @Inkinsurgen – it's nice to know! I always like the Micro Grid Backer used for GTX Pro and the small design detail on cuff and collar of Field LT; it's somehow a shame they're not making it anymore. On the other hand, it's also good to see AV going beyond reinterpreting classic styles by coming up with new pieces such as Gabrel Jacket.

It seems to be the same for Partition Coat, as it's succeeded by Spere Coat in SS16.

Thank you @droffen & @Inkinsurgen – it's nice to know! I always like the Micro Grid Backer used for GTX Pro and the small design detail on cuff and collar of Field LT; it's somehow a shame they're not making it anymore. On the other hand, it's also good to see AV going beyond reinterpreting classic styles by coming up with new pieces such as Gabrel Jacket.

Welcome.

As I now have all 3 Field jacket versions (standard, LT, IS) I can say that I like the standard field jackat most.

It's the toughest GTX material I ever saw from Arc'teryx. It seems extremely durable. It's a great jacket for winter with an insulation piece underneath. But also great in temperatures up to 15deg C.

THe Field IS is similar in insulation but it's a one piece then and in might be more convinient in some cases.

The Field LT is more like a "summer" jacket. It's more thinner and might be better for warmer conditions.

All 3 have different cuff closures where the standard Field has the best one.

The Neptune Light is more light blue than grey.  I am not a fan.

The fall selection of colours is the most promising in years from AV, much better than this summer.  The Quoin Jacket and Vest are fantastic pieces, as is the Spere coat. The Gabrel, on the other hand, is not successful.

Is the Nomin pack getting another material this season?

It seems that they have removed the ripstop look. Like at Haven.

indeed, not sure if it's a new textile or reverted to 630d plain weave. 

see #5556

Hey, I was told by a staff of AV that the new SS16 Nomin Pack will come with the same plain weave nylon that you can find on Seque Tote.