Jump to content
denimdestroyedmylife

arcteryx veilance

Recommended Posts

I seem to remember the label said 50ml per item for top loading washer, but 200ml for 4 items on a high efficiency front loading washer seems a bit much, especially if you set the load size to small. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thoughts on the Sequent pants:

Very lightweight with a semi-slim slim cut which allow for movement. They are not restrictive at all. The zippered front pockets weren’t as bad as I feared, and the zipper didn’t scratch unfomcortably on my hands. 

 I’m rather tall at 190 cm (6ft3’’), so the pants are slightly cropped. However, when walking in the rain for half an hour my  socks didn’t get wet, so it might not be a problem that they’re cropped. 

They are a little cold for the present temperature, which fluctuates between 0-5 degrees celsius. They don’t have a warm lining, which explained it. I’m waiting for a pair of field pants which do have fleece lining, so I assume they will be better suited for winter temperatures.

More importantly - I’m now fully waterproof with a Monitor coat, Sequent pants and Goretex shoes. My dream has come true. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a related note - the Monitor coat is awesome. The material is rather stiff, which makes me feel wellprotected from the elements. Combined with the mainline Cerium LT, the word sleeping bag comes to mind, as I remember have been used to describe the feeling of wearing the Monitor Down on here previously. Especially with the hood up. The hood construction is really impressive; it covers almost everything but the eyes when it’s fully cinched. I find the hood adjusters slightly unintuituve, however, so it’s a minor hassle to operate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the convex pants are pretty cool. they feel a little tighter than the voronois in the seat and thighs, but they also have a slimmer hem so the end result is still tapered. it's a very clean, minimal design. if you already own the terratex voronois they add very little except for being even more understated.

they fit me somewhere in between the veilance model (too slim imho) and the haven model (unrealistically loose, no way their model is 1m83). The crotch gusset is interestingly sized so you end up with very clean lines where the thighs meet the fly. they end just above my CP's without any stacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, there is a bit of flare. it might be less if you wear your pants higher up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else here have the dyadic comp pants and wouldn't mind posting fit pics and comment sizing?

Edited by Toilettebun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Anyone else here have the dyadic comp pants and wouldn't mind posting fit pics and comment sizing?

just got my pair today and plan on getting some photos tomorrow. sizing is pretty much a mandatory size up. they run very slim and considering the almost lounge-esque nature of them (material wise) you could even go up 2 sizes for a very relaxed fit. they also have snap adjustments on the waist which is good because they’re foregoing belt loops on this model. 

overall this is probably my second favorite pair of veilance pants i have owned which for reference is

voronoi ar <<< apparat <<< voronoi <<< dyadic comp <<< field pant

edit: wait i found a pic but it doesn’t do much justice. i’m 6’3” and usually a 33 but got a 34 

6752F5F0-F886-45AD-8004-CE6B402FE1DE.jpeg

 

another edit hah: just got an outfit pic and you can check that here 

also got this nice detail shot of the organized cargo pocket which fits my veilance card holder and iphone 7 very nicely. 

7D11E97C-E65B-4FB9-A31E-4B9898A9042F.jpeg

Edited by 1i1i1ii1
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Field pant owners, how often do you wash your pants? There was a pair on Grailed with serious delamination. I would like to avoid it if possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johngalt said:

Field pant owners, how often do you wash your pants? There was a pair on Grailed with serious delamination. I would like to avoid it if possible 

That would be my pair and actually the guy who bought it from me put it on grailed again but for $200 more than what I sold it. The reason it delam'd was because I had the pants tapered from the knee to the hem without proper procedure. My tailor added a seam along the back of the leg where it's a bit hidden. Fit wise it worked however the fabric was noticeably affected by the alteration. It delam'd very slightly at first but as time went by as I kept wearing the pants continuously, the delamination got worse.   
  
Your pair will not delam in any sort of way mine did. Follow similar goretex care instruction if you're wearing it constantly wash at least once a month.   
  
*He's removed the listing*

Edited by Toilettebun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a ton man. I just found your original posting, you shipped them to Asia for $250? This guy is a prick, profiteering like this is not cool.

Did your pants delam because the taper seam put unnecessary stress on the fabric? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johngalt said:

Thanks a ton man. I just found your original posting, you shipped them to Asia for $250? This guy is a prick, profiteering like this is not cool.

Did your pants delam because the taper seam put unnecessary stress on the fabric? 

Yeup i shipped them to Taiwan for $250 I had to risk it and ship without tracking which was reasonable priced ($25 cad). I don't mind that he's profiting whatsoever it's the fact that he doesn't list it with accurate information in regards to the condition of the pants thus tricking buyers thinking they're buying a new pair.  
  
they delam'd because the seam caused uneven strain on the fabric from walking (back of the knee is where pretty much all the delamination occurred ~ maximum strain)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, johngalt said:

Field pant owners, how often do you wash your pants? There was a pair on Grailed with serious delamination. I would like to avoid it if possible 

Used to own some Indisce pants (same softshell material IIRC), delamination at the crotch started happening after ~two washes/about a year of wear. Always followed the care instructions, washed w/ granger's. Warranty will cover this (mine were defective, showing 'premature wear'), so idk how much you'll have to worry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this delamination issue is interesting. i'll have to inspect my indisces tonight. it might be that these laminates simply aren't designed for the type of fabric stress a pair of pants incurs, much like how the flat taped seams work in jackets but not in pants. 

additionally, i wonder how visible structural issues like this really are to the veilance design team. i know the voronoi issue is on the radar, and they recalled some of the earlier cotton-faced laminates, but i also expect that warranty claims on this type of wear are limited due to customer expectations. On the fashion side of things, as opposed to the outdoor side, people probably don't often consider the possibility of a warranty claim. These issues might be severely underreported.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 10:11 PM, Toilettebun said:

Yeup i shipped them to Taiwan for $250 I had to risk it and ship without tracking which was reasonable priced ($25 cad). I don't mind that he's profiting whatsoever it's the fact that he doesn't list it with accurate information in regards to the condition of the pants thus tricking buyers thinking they're buying a new pair.  
  
they delam'd because the seam caused uneven strain on the fabric from walking (back of the knee is where pretty much all the delamination occurred ~ maximum strain)

Just going to let this sit

lA4ksWN.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some quick thoughts re: dyadic comp pant
I took a 31 which is my standard Veilance pants size (I wear a 31 Voronoi AR, used to wear a 30 Voronoi AR/Indisce before they had odd # sizes) and these fit me comfortably. But YMMV, cause I usually wear a 32W and sizing down runs counter to everyone else's Veilance experience it seems.

-More of a stylistic preference but I wish the taper wasn't so severe. This would've looked so good with a wider calf/hem and a longer leg. Extremely prone to carrot leg look if you have big thighs.
-Waist adjusters really don't do much. The male snaps are on the merino panel. I find that it cinches along the back but then just pulls the front of that panel out again. The band that cinches also has stretch. Honestly, they should've just given this one belt loops.
-Zip pockets are very sizeable. It pretty much encompasses the entire seat and the materials have enough stretch to store things without you 'feeling it' on your thighs.

Cool pant though. Very comfortable and, despite the fit, the detailing/color looks great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/2/15 at 11:11 AM, Toilettebun said:

Yeup i shipped them to Taiwan for $250 I had to risk it and ship without tracking which was reasonable priced ($25 cad). I don't mind that he's profiting whatsoever it's the fact that he doesn't list it with accurate information in regards to the condition of the pants thus tricking buyers thinking they're buying a new pair.  
  
they delam'd because the seam caused uneven strain on the fabric from walking (back of the knee is where pretty much all the delamination occurred ~ maximum strain)

Feel really ashamed that this guy is also from Taiwan. The availability of Veilance is really limited, and the price is much more expensive than it is in US or Canada. For example an Achrom is around 1000USD or more, field pants is 600ish USD. Unfortunately it is quite usual here that people buy and resell what they bought from internet. However I think to provide correct information is essential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scamster said:

if anyone is after a veilance arris and spied this one on ebay, avoid it's a fake, a shoddy one at that.

wow that’s absurd. i’ve owned an arris in that color and that is such an obvious fake it’s almost shocking. i hate that fakes of veilance are hitting the market but i guess it’s just the culture :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a obvious fake but the accuracy of these things, down the pull-cord is getting a little scary.

A cursory search of Veilance on TaoBao returns a prolific amount of fake AV. This Galvanic isn't too bad. Still sad

Does anyone know if this is a just fake mock-up or will this be an AV jacket

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johngalt said:

Does anyone know if this is a just fake mock-up or will this be an AV jacket

looks like fw18 graph cardi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, branespload said:

looks like fw18 graph cardi

It's not the new Graph—I've seen the new Graph in person, and it's very visibly made of merino. It also doesn't look anything like this. This looks like some sort of windbreaker material—look at those cuffs. It's more like a Nemis. Plus there's the matter of the tag, which is in the style of mainline, not Veilance. The zippers are all wrong. The images up top don't match with the actual product photos. I could go on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

It's not the new Graph—I've seen the new Graph in person, and it's very visibly made of merino. It also doesn't look anything like this. This looks like some sort of windbreaker material—look at those cuffs. It's more like a Nemis. Plus there's the matter of the tag, which is in the style of mainline, not Veilance. The zippers are all wrong. The images up top don't match with the actual product photos. I could go on...

oh haha yeah the actual garment in the listing is totally fake, i meant the stock photo it's referencing. but yea i only saw the workbook in passing so i'm probably wrong. i just remember the new graph design does look more 'mainline' if that makes any sense since it gets rid of the current stand collar on the graph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, branespload said:

oh haha yeah the actual garment in the listing is totally fake, i meant the stock photo it's referencing. but yea i only saw the workbook in passing so i'm probably wrong. i just remember the new graph design does look more 'mainline' if that makes any sense since it gets rid of the current stand collar on the graph

Yeah, sorry, didn’t mean to come across so harsh. The new graph looks way better than that stock photo. The collar is also way higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what i don't get about these fakes is that they obviously originate at the factories contracted by the bird themselves. it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which ones it are and just tell them to quit fucking around if they want to keep getting legit business from vancouver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, by the way, I have it on good authority that Conroy is 100% back and working on new stuff with the team, not just consulting (though he may technically still be on contract). As in, he's working directly on designs. This brings joy to my heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Oh, by the way, I have it on good authority that Conroy is 100% back and working on new stuff with the team, not just consulting (though he may technically still be on contract). As in, he's working directly on designs. This brings joy to my heart.

big if true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2018 at 1:29 AM, scamster said:

if anyone is after a veilance arris and spied this one on ebay, avoid it's a fake, a shoddy one at that.

 

On 2/18/2018 at 2:47 AM, 1i1i1ii1 said:

wow that’s absurd. i’ve owned an arris in that color and that is such an obvious fake it’s almost shocking. i hate that fakes of veilance are hitting the market but i guess it’s just the culture :( 

 

On 2/18/2018 at 9:46 AM, johngalt said:

It's a obvious fake but the accuracy of these things, down the pull-cord is getting a little scary.

A cursory search of Veilance on TaoBao returns a prolific amount of fake AV. This Galvanic isn't too bad. Still sad

Does anyone know if this is a just fake mock-up or will this be an AV jacket

 

 

How can you guys tell?  The only thing I can see is maybe that the cuff elastic is black instead of blue?  Could the colour difference be because it is from an older season?

Edited by TooAwesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125