arcteryx veilance

RHpEIRT.jpg

quoin boyz

the vest is polartec alpha and the merino/nylon blend i think. just nice, compact warmth. stays lofted and structured, it helps me layer under trimmer shells. the fit pic of the arris/field OS i posted earlier actually has a quoin vest under the field OS (you can see the little stand collar). also it adds some storage to otherwise pocketless layers like the graph sweater and cardi

Quoinn jacket is much thinner than Mionn. It can be packed into one of its pockets. It packs very small. It’s cut a little larger than the Veilance blazers but still slim fit and with insulation. 

I wear it solo up to 15-18°C, under Arris or Field jacket down to 0-5°C. 

Do you have other questions?

How much warmer is the Mionn? Looking to get either a Mionn IS Comp hoodie or a Quoin jacket for some travel where I will layer it with maybe an isogon or other clothes (I don't expect to have to face too cold of a climate or I'd bring something more intense) but like that the Quoin looks a bit sharper for wearing around town/going out. 

14 hours ago, jacktru said:

How much warmer is the Mionn? Looking to get either a Mionn IS Comp hoodie or a Quoin jacket for some travel where I will layer it with maybe an isogon or other clothes (I don't expect to have to face too cold of a climate or I'd bring something more intense) but like that the Quoin looks a bit sharper for wearing around town/going out. 

18 hours ago, johngalt said:

I'd love to hear about the Quoinn. It doesn't seem to get much attention or come up in conversation? Is it just a short Mionn 3/4 with Polartec Alpha? How do people wear it?

The Mionn is a lot warmer. I wear a black Quoin pretty much everyday, it's a versatile piece you can dress it up a little or wear it casually. It's just a smart, minimal over shirt. It's warm but not amazingly so. 

My local Arc'teryx retailer has Veilance but isn't stocking the Monitor down coat this season, so I had to order it from the website. I'm 6'7" and trim so I went with the L and the fit was great. The XL adds a little length on the body and sleeves and room in the chest, but the shoulders are the same. Tried layering it with a sweater and it's incredibly warm. Unfortunately, there's already down leaking out of the liner so I returned it for a replacement.

It's normal for down jackets to have a few feathers coming out when you first get them, especially since Veilance uses high quality, fine down IIRC. I had it on my Node Down when I first got it, but I just massaged the feather back in and pulled from the inside (don't pull it out, it might make any holes bigger). A few feathers here and there for the first few wears but not long after it stopped and it's going strong.

No doubt - has happened with other down items I own like a comforter. But this was weird - was like a plug of down sticking out of the liner. I walked it over to the store, showed it to them, and they didn't hesitate to make the exchange.

On October 31, 2017 at 5:18 PM, droffen said:

Quoinn jacket is much thinner than Mionn. It can be packed into one of its pockets. It packs very small. It’s cut a little larger than the Veilance blazers but still slim fit and with insulation. 

I wear it solo up to 15-18°C, under Arris or Field jacket down to 0-5°C. 

Do you have other questions?

I've found the underarm gussets on the Field to to be cut rather high and limit layering. Do you experience any discomfort layering the Quoin? 

Edited by johngalt

9 hours ago, johngalt said:

I've found the underarm gussets on the Field to to be cut rather high and limit layering. Do you experience any discomfort layering the Quoin? 

no I don’t have this issue within the underarm gussets.

No discomfort experienced with Quoinn jacket/vest or Mionn IS when layering under Field (or Field LT). Quoinn is similiar under Arris, Sleeves get a little tight but still ok.

Mionn IS doesn‘t fit under Arris

Recently bought my 1st pair of apparats from Cruvoir. When I opened the seemingly new bag, I noticed some residue on the inner pant leg opening.

Called their CS(Cody), and he rudely told me that the pants are definitely NOT worn, come directly from Arcteryx warehouse, and that the white residue is from the steaming process.

Is there any truth to this or is this BS? To me, it looks like wear marks, but I generally don’t steam clothes. Wondering if this is normal? 

Sending images via iPhone so excuse photos if they’re too big.

311AFA22-0518-4F65-8D39-AD1299D53227.jpeg

53EDEB60-689B-42A9-B021-FD868E209F58.jpeg

1A4EF0B4-5F71-4B42-AC8A-3A6F415FE213.jpeg

6CF2C59D-F06A-4C22-BBEF-3D69708114D0.jpeg

Edited by rmc

1 hour ago, rmc said:

Recently bought my 1st pair of apparats from Cruvoir. When I opened the seemingly new bag, I noticed some residue on the inner pant leg opening.

Called their CS(Cody), and he rudely told me that the pants are definitely NOT worn, come directly from Arcteryx warehouse, and that the white residue is from the steaming process.

Is there any truth to this or is this BS? To me, it looks like wear marks, but I generally don’t steam clothes. Wondering if this is normal?

Can't judge on whether it is worn or not. But please check the google comments over Cruvoir. Then you will find out why you get the feedback. Their price is floating, whenever there will be a discount, they will adjust the price a bit higher. But still, they provide some good deals...

If you would like to avoid repeating similar situation (being told rudely).. I would suggest you check some other websites or retailers...  

Edited by Chiels

Just wanted to echo similarly poor experience with Cruvoir. Ordered Indisce pants during their sale last month thinking they were in stock. Received multiple "progress" emails like "awaiting stock from our Canadian supplier" and "your order is clearing customs and will be mailed out next week". Then 3 weeks after ordering, I received an order cancellation due to being "out of stock" and was given online store credit...which I quickly contested. 

i ordered a field OS from cruvoir before realizing that nothing was actually in stock. it did end up arriving about a month later, but i had already gotten one elsewhere for cheaper. since they don't accept returns for refund, i'm gonna try to exchange it for a different color. lol wish me luck

here's our rude boi cody btw: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cruvoir

Edited by chris_n

35 minutes ago, chris_n said:

i ordered a field OS from cruvoir before realizing that nothing was actually in stock. it did end up arriving about a month later, but i had already gotten one elsewhere for cheaper. since they don't accept returns for refund, i'm gonna try to exchange it for a different color. lol wish me luck

here's our rude boi cody btw: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cruvoir

GL to you sir! Thanks for everyone’s feedback/previous experiences. It’s such a shame that Arcteryx Veilance would let a business like this have an account. The buying experience, esp for high priced techwear should be reasonable at the minimum.

Buy yeah Cody (direct/owner) was a straight douche on the phone. I really don’t understand how a business can stay alive, when they tell their customers to fuck off, esp when they had to wait a long while to get the item (I also had to wait a long time before item got shipped). I hope this discussion prevents other potential buyers from buying from Cruvoir!

Sigh... maybe my recent trip to Japan denim shops had me set my expectations too high (service was A1!)...I digress

Edited by rmc

I jumped on them when somebody linked back in Sept. / Oct. and they were listing the AV cardholder for $133. This was before any of this recent info had come out, etc. 2 days after getting one of their 'In-Production' emails (where they quoted another 2 weeks for shipping), my order went out via USPS Next Day. Go figure.

I'd have been more pissed if it was something more substantial. As-is, am pretty soured on the whole interaction (and return policy) and won't be purchasing through them, even at discount. Seems like a pretty dumb way to do business, given how niche this stuff (still) is (and how the internet loves to talk....).

23 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

@rmc I noticed some similar marks on a pair of indisces I bought a while back, those ones came off with a little water. If that doesn't work, I'd give Arcteryx a call directly.

What size are you?  I need some help with sizing for indisce pants.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, cybersushi said:

Just wanted to echo similarly poor experience with Cruvoir. Ordered Indisce pants during their sale last month thinking they were in stock. Received multiple "progress" emails like "awaiting stock from our Canadian supplier" and "your order is clearing customs and will be mailed out next week". Then 3 weeks after ordering, I received an order cancellation due to being "out of stock" and was given online store credit...which I quickly contested. 

Did you end up getting a pair of indisce pants?  If so, what size are you?

23 hours ago, cybersushi said:

That's fucking disgusting.

Regarding the Mionn and Quoin series....

The Mionn IS blazer and Mionn 3/4 are essentially the same, just different in length. 

So is the difference between the Quoin Jacket and the Mionn IS Blazer the insulation, and then the blazer being slightly long and with a more subdued collar and slightly different, more 'rounded' cut at the bottom? They just seem so similar, trying to discern the differences/advantages between the two. 

Anyone who has had hands on experience, feel free to chime in. 

Edited by jacktru

Uh not exactly. The Mionn IS blazer is the lightest weight insulated midlayer offered in FW at 40gsm coreloft compact. Mionn IS 3/4 is slightly longer but it also has the fishtail in the back and it's twice the weight at 80gsm

Keep in mind this is Coreloft compact, not regular Coreloft, so it isn't quite as warm, but it packs down very well

Quoin jacket uses Polartec Alpha, which is similar very packable and pretty stable so it stays lofted even after you compress it a bit. It's a 65gsm, but I don't any coreloft compact or a quoin jacket (just the vest) to make any head-to-head comparison

On November 2, 2017 at 2:16 PM, rmc said:

Sending images via iPhone so excuse photos if they’re too big.

I tried on a pair of Anode Comps this week. The NYCO hem had those grey marks as well. Guess its normal 

re: grey marks on pants, i only get that after abrasion from like, crossing my legs or having something imprinted in my pockets. I wanna say it's the DWR but I'm not too sure. but i've seen it on p much all my pants as well, it goes away eventually

re: down jacket sizing - i think that veilance sizes in general are pretty true, but with bigger/longer coats like the monitor down you might be able to go to an XS depending on how you like the fit and how much room you need to layer. similarly, a cropped jacket with elasticized cuffs doesnt look so bad a size up, like the mionn IS, depending on the look you want. But Veilance is designed for your true to size and works best that way.