denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

love the progress on your pair pomata. would love to have "roots" on my pair...

What's 'roots'? I wear my pair excessively at the moment, they're so great. Unfortunately the pocket fabric fades away more and more, I've gotta fix it soon...tomorrow they'll get their next wash, pics as soon as they're dry.

Denimefront2-22-11a.jpg

Denimeback2-22-11a.jpg

Not part of the contest but this has become the best thread for Denimes. Wanted to post the progress on these old pair -- bought almost 6 years ago when I was visiting Tokyo but because I had so many others in rotation I didn't get started on these until a little over 1 year ago.

The strange thing about them is that they started to fade beautifully fast but then sorta slowed down if that's at all possible. I swear I didn't change the way I wore them. They're getting more and more beat up in terms of needing 2 repairs but the dye is not fading anymore at the same rate. Weird.

Is that a paper patch?

Everyone seems to be perplexed by this. Yes, these are just "regular" Denimes. Not the ones you're probably all used to in this contest thread. I posted them here cuz I figure this has become the place for Denime appreciation/discussion -- particularly my problem of them disintegrating faster than they are fading. I will continue to wear them but at this rate, I don't know what will be left by the time truly awesome fades settle in.

^hehe. thx.

WTF?! but on my pir the seam on the side also busted...but I repaired it before it got that big (and my pair is far away from yours)

well, there was no chance to repair it earlier. i jumped a fence and BANG- there it was....

damn boy. did you do that repair yourself?

yeah. hand sewn last time i brought the jeans to a tailor(6 months ago), she said, that they weren´t worth the work. i left immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

its been a while since i posted anything of value in here, so i decided to throw up some photos i just took..

DSC_0023_026.jpg?t=1301203673

DSC_0019_030.jpg?t=1301203797

DSC_0025_024.jpg?t=1301203839

Color is pretty much true, haven't really worn them hard for a while because i have had such problems keeping them healthy, so the wear has significantly dropped off, but i give them a go every so often to keep in the spirit of the contest.

Fuck it, don't tailor your jeans, haha. I gave my sister my tailored Denimes and bought the last pair of BiG xx's in size 28 since they were on sale. I learned a lot about jeans fucking around with my denimes, but there's too many intricacies to be tailoring so severely. I've been doing things like messing with lowering rises and all, and I did a bit too much. Oh well, my sister gets a nice pair of jeans.