denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

Thanks guys.

@pomata: And as usual with wearing all my raw denim stuff in 3 classes (office-leisure-work pants) I never wash any jeans till at the end. Also no soaking in hot or cold water. They only catched one heavy rainfall (5 minutes). And some snow wetness along the cuffs where you can see some yellow dirt signs there. This was from some hiking and skitouring out in snowy mountains.

The main reason to wear them dry, is because I like the sheen raw denim color much more then the washed one and I only want to get natural fadings on them no fades from washing.

About uploading pics: I tried it with inserting the URL from some single pics of my Picasa website but there is just a ? showing up. Are there some size limitations? I work on a I Mac Version 10.7 and using a Safari browser! Or do I have to upload the pics on Flickr or Imageshack or whatever first?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1Qw3U1sD7W0/TlUqlfU16zI/AAAAAAAAAqA/nBewIxDRQ8M/s1024/DSC00805-red.jpg

I think I got it, so first time in my life I'm able to insert pics directly on those forums

Thanks a lot for your help Tilmann. You're definitively my man!!!!

Denime contest started in February 22 2010 (5.5 month delay because of finishing a previous project with my old G-Star US First).

Worn daily, never washed or soaked, still raw. And I'll soon have to downgrade them as my second class jeans. I hope I can wait till the Samurais have arrived. Actually I need them pretty soon. Otherwise I have to start a new project since I have to avoid the eyes of my boss already when at work. And I'm using the back door entrance only since a few weeks to prevent an upraising against my pretty rough raw denim stuff from some well dressed office people. My 50 year old Lee Storm Rider denim jacket looks pretty wild too.

And after wearing the same denim jacket for over 800 days and the same jeans now for over 520 days I can tell you that some office people are praying heavily and daily for a new raw denim outfit around my body.

As you know I live in the clean and proper Swiss area....

DSC00805-red.jpg

DSC00818-red.jpg

2011-08-28-DSC01088-red.jpg

DSC00804-red.jpg

DSC00144_2000.JPG

DSC00856-red.jpg

DSC00830-red.jpg

For many more pics check out on:

https://picasaweb.google.com/116118427799433045500/DenimeJeansContestStartFebruary222010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTApuH-_qLcIQ#

And since I know (after many years of stupidity) how to update pics now: I'll promise you enough updates for the oncoming Samurai contest Tilmann

If I'll find time and if anybody here is interested I could update some more pics from my other personal denim projects and many items who have reached the Jeansmuseum so far.

But no worries from a picture overflow. I won't upload the whole collection (about 7000 pants and 5000 denim jackets so far when I started rescuing raw denim rags in 1973 from the garbage bins)

Anyway I'm not sure if there are any interests about old denim projects reaching back to the end of the 60ies / early seventies, when i still was a child. Or if there are interests about thousands of denim projects created by unknown people and found in garbage bins, dump areas, second hand shops, flea markets. Or over the internet like Farley, Ebay and so on. Or just found some rag items in the mailbox.....

Thanks again Tilmann you saved my day!!!! I was blocked over years with this so I never had added pics directly in any forum so far.

At the best I could manage to insert a link

I'll try to crosspost some of those pics on the Hall of Fade or on an evolution thread too. Let's see if it works there the same way.

^^^^^^Tilmann: Thanks for the compliment that I'm the only never washed raw denim man wearer. But I know or have seen many people who like wearing their raw denim stuff never washed. I think, you can't see them that much on those Forums here. Most of them don't care about the Internet in no way. They're just using their raw denim stuff the hardest way and when beated them up completely they just throw them away. No big cult or anything else for them. I talked to many such raw denim people and even for the Jeansmuseum I couldn't convince them to not throwing them away after they have burnt them down. I saw many people later again and they're always telling me the same story that they just have thrown their raw denim rags away.

Too sad stories for me.....

Was not meant that seriously.

I usually start with a new project only when I have downgraded the previous one. But no worries. You know that I have enough spare pants in case of emergency. Like your mentioned SDA

And why not showing my old Denime's up a little bit longer in the office? Although they have started smelling a little bit over summer time but I have fixed some big crotch holes so they are still ready to hit the office.

So in fact no big hurry for the Samurais... And the office people around me can still pray for a new raw denim outfit around my body louder and louder every day

i´m thinking about a possibility to collect all the final pics at one place, to make it easier to find and compare everyone´s jeans, sth like a "pics only" thread. not sure if it´s worth an own thread though (as i think only around 10 people are gonna post). any ideas?

I just got a message from Francis (gardenerfan). He said, that he wants to talk to benny and let us know soon.

Good to know. Remember his post 4 weeks ago:

The judging method, panel and the prizes will be announced soon. I will inform you the details as soon as possible.

And by the way- wasn't there the idea to publish the constest results in the Lightning Magazine?

Time for my final pics, as i´m off today and won´t have time to take pics later this week.

I had great 2 years in these jeans, still love them. Just some of the stuff I did in these:

-bought in HK early 2009

-helped putting up this contest with the jeans in my closet

-travelling to many places (london/alto adige/slowenia/switzerland/etcetc)

-finished my med school an became a doc

-local championship with my handball team

-daytravels/hikes etc.

...so much morecomes to my mind.

Think I´m gonna drop them at a tailor to get everything fixed and just keep on wearing...

final11.jpg

final.jpg

final3.jpg

final5.jpg

final7.jpg

final8.jpg