denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

^ there are two schools of thought on washing jeans. the first is- don't wash often and try to get massive contrast/fades ect.,. the other is- wash often, don't worry about it, washing is good for the jeans, so fuck it and wear em hard. Salaam is from the latter.
okay thx for explaining...

but cuz this is a two year contest i think these will look (colorwise) like his sammies (if I'm not mistaken?) after a few months of wear and steady washes...

i kinda like his vintage fading technique. its going to be a great addition to all the rest of us competitors. not to mention, he'll be pretty high up there on the least-smelling jeans category. hahaha

^well i think he'll win that tile for sure ^^...

also i have to agree that his jeans will be looking like a real nice pair of denimes with vintage fades. not like these super sharp fades you see on some other jeans...(to me both ways look fine!)

@tilmann: thx sir!

@markus: kein Problem monsieur. Stefan verwirrt gern andere Leute :-P...

i'm flattered my denime are being discussed in this much detail. to put in my two cents:

about the sams...i rocked them for a very hard 20 months of grunt-work, but i only washed like every month and a half. samurais fade significantly faster than denime. another factor is that i washed them in regular detergent, household cleaners like fabuloso, amonia, murphy's oil soap, dish detergent, you name it(i was living at the time in the projects up the street from lendo, and i had no job, no car, and a baby on the way. i wanted the sams for like a year, and i had to wait for my tax $$$. as soon as i cashed my tax check i left for NY that night. it was BiG or bust. i got to new york and waited on greene st. for hours smoking chronic until yuji got there. it was a snow storm, so he was impressed by my enthusiasm). plus the effects of them being rained/snowed on all winter, sun bleaching etc. but i must say they didn't really fade that much from the elements. sams don't hold indigo very long.

about the denimes, they only fade slower. i wear them hella hard, and since i rock them in public outside of work, soi have to keep them at least respectably clean. plus i don't want my daughter laying on my lap and it's full of dirt and sweat. the lap wouldn't get any real whiskers anyway, since the work i was doing wears the whole damn leg. if you'd take a notice, a lot of the vintage/work-worn jeans from the past had very subtle whiskers. the lack of combage is due to fit, not washes. my FC were washed to fucking hell, and i still have combs. i'm admittedly trying to challenge the notion that to be a true denimhead you have to wash like every six months, or that if you wash your jeans it's a tragedy, and your $300 jawns are ruined. miki-san(mr. fullcount) says a weekly wash is good, and ain't none of us sufu-cats as heavy in the denim game as he is. so i take his advice, and the jeans keep proving him right:D

ps: i would not, and will not EVER wash my jeans in anything less than castille soap(bronners,kirks coco) or real-deal lye soap. all that household shit was out of necessity. if i'm broke i can always afford a $2 bar of kirks. one bar will last at least a dozen washes, so that's 3 months for me)

its really depressing right now.it started so nice yesterday,the sun came out and it was up to 10°c.we went on a little tour with our new bikes (my wife got a new one aswell.in economical bad times as now you have to make a statement sometimes) and all of sudden the rain poured down and got really cold again.will it ever stop?

wash #13 (kirks coco castille) is done with. took em to the laundrymat, and threw em in the dryer, super high heat. the hot dryer does wonders. denim is getting softer, and softer...

I'm posting my 6 months update a bit early for me (I started on september 24th).

The pics have a very bad light but you can have an idea. There's not much fading goin on, I love the denim texture and I think these will last me for a long time.

Gave them the 4th(?) wash yesterday

66xxf.jpg

66xxb.jpg