Left Field Jeans

scotty2

b_F - happy to see you here.   ^_^

For those that don't follow us on instagram - we are now offering chain stitch embroidery service in house.

HeIlwi1.jpg

We'll be doing some one-off pieces and putting them up on the website, but also welcome custom work (rockers, back pieces, cursive names, MC/CC stuff).

This is epic... How is pricing going to work for custom, size/colour/intricacy?

When @mfarmtown finishes my coveralls, I think they'll need to make a stop with y'all for that awesome embroidery service. That is seriously a cool thing to offer. Can't wait to see what people come up with! 

The whole idea of this is cool, but I have no idea what I'd even ask for. I'd probably just order a shirt and tell them to come up with something, chef's choice style.

The whole idea of this is cool, but I have no idea what I'd even ask for. I'd probably just order a shirt and tell them to come up with something, chef's choice style.

I think just saying,"have at it and do whatever you think looks cool" could be a very fun way to get a surprise custom shirt. Cool idea for sure.

I know what i'm getting to start. andrew, i'll be in touch once i prep some $crilla.

I know what i'm getting to start. andrew, i'll be in touch once i prep some $crilla.

Can't wait to see the custom projects that roll in...  The guy we're working with on this is real deal.  I find myself wondering if it would be a bad idea to have full back pieces on all of my button down shirts...

17oz. Cone Greasers arrived today. Huzzah!  Here are a few first impressions: 

The indigo is a really rich inky shade that's not so saturated it looks black. No green or gray caste, but rather a bit of violet or reddish blue perhaps. There's the slightest fuzz to it, but for the most part it's very smooth and even looking. It doesn't seem too starchy either. The smooth appearance combines with a smooth texture that's hefty and dense without being crispy or crunchy. It definitely seems to be a pretty tight weave with hardly any visible slub to it. I'm not one that's too crazed with setting the perfect creases, and so I usually do a light soak early on just to open up the fibers a bit. I'll be interested to see if the hairiness or depth of texture emerges any more afterward.  

All the construction details are great and the Union Special chain-stitched hem I ordered is roping right out of the box. Looking at these next to my Black Maria Greasers it looks like the yoke is bigger, which has in turn dropped the rear pockets about a half inch further below the waistband. If this was a design change, I think it's a great one. To be frank, the pockets on my BMGs feel a bit too high--especially with a wallet.

Finally, the patch. This crazy thick veg tan patch is one bad mother.

All in all, another fine LF product that's going to be tons of fun for years to come.

It's been a while since I posted my sweats here. I've been trying to wear them as much as possible and now they are finally starting to show some well defined creases and even slight fading here and there. My coworkers still cant tell they're sweatpants which i find pretty hilarious.

These are about half outside and half inside photos just for reference.

0zFwi2Hl.jpg

qnXulxDl.jpg

fKeBj3Bl.jpg

hzplc5fl.jpg

ND0wduml.jpg

wnFZme0l.jpg

xkHiPQ9l.jpg

DR1hgeRl.jpg

wmV4I6Rl.jpg

pb8Cj9il.jpg

All the sweats look pretty dope but I still think it's hilarious that you guys are fading sweats

It is definitely hilarious. I try to explain to some people when they ask and they just simply can't comprehend the concept. The looks of sheer confusion I have placed on peoples faces are endlessly entertaining. 

Hey guys - we just launched our Spring/Summer lookbook.  We took a trip down to Coney Island and knocked it out in 1 day.  Rip and run style.  Shot by yours truly and my girlfriend.

Here a couple pictures from the shoot, but if you'd like to check out the rest click the link below.

http://leftfieldnyc.com/pages/lf-ss14-lookbook

xQqPYtj.jpg

C3Smlb3.jpg

InrMJN6.jpg

t3yMAp7.jpg

NhDe36o.jpg

Does anybody (maybe Satchel or Pepper) know if the 17oz. cone mills denim bears any relation to (or actually IS??) a 16.7 oz cone with similar gold selvedge ID that's floating around?

I got curious after my new greasers arrived yesterday and started looking at who else was offering heavier cone fabric besides the Tellason folks' 16.5oz. I could only find the W292 run/lot number on my LF pocket flasher listed on a jobber website as 16.7oz. By the way, I didn't find anybody else doing anything good with 17oz or 16.7oz other than Leftfield; just some kickstarters and a pair of real atrocities listed on ebay that I should probably add to the ugliest jeans ever thread.

Anyway, thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Does anybody (maybe Satchel or Pepper) know if the 17oz. cone mills denim bears any relation to (or actually IS??) a 16.7 oz cone with similar gold selvedge ID that's floating around?

I got curious after my new greasers arrived yesterday and started looking at who else was offering heavier cone fabric besides the Tellason folks' 16.5oz. I could only find the W292 run/lot number on my LF pocket flasher listed on a jobber website as 16.7oz. By the way, I didn't find anybody else doing anything good with 17oz or 16.7oz other than Leftfield; just some kickstarters and a pair of real atrocities listed on ebay that I should probably add to the ugliest jeans ever thread.

Anyway, thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Yes indeed it is the 17 oz. gold line that you see a couple of other brands using.  We're pretty happy with the variety of denim options in the shop now.  Light, mid, and heavyweight denims from USA and Japan.  A couple of special Japanese denims (black sulfur/grey heather).  An expansion to the line of selvedge chinos is on the way.  As always there's some cool, exciting stuff on the horizon.  We'd much rather bring new things in seasonally rather than run the same denim over and over and over again.

We'd much rather bring new things in seasonally rather than run the same denim over and over and over again.

Thanks for the info, Pepper. And don't get me wrong; I love the lineup and the commitment to keeping it fresh. I think me and a lot of the folks that love the Greaser, in particular, are well served knowing we can rely on our favorite cut and still add variety to our collections. Cheers.

Those black greasers are so good.  That the pair Christian has been wearing?

Christian has gone through about 6 or 7 pairs at this point.  He wears his stuff pretty hard (understatement), and we only brought darning machine in last month.  That was one of the pairs from the initial cutting of the sulfur denim.  I'd love to see him rock a pair for 2 years.  They would be wrecked.

Christian has gone through about 6 or 7 pairs at this point.  He wears his stuff pretty hard (understatement), and we only brought darning machine in last month.  That was one of the pairs from the initial cutting of the sulfur denim.  I'd love to see him rock a pair for 2 years.  They would be wrecked.

He's wearing a pair of the 23, right?

First time poster here deciding to jump on the Left Field bandwagon with all the activity going on in this thread. I've been wearing the Green Heather Greasers pretty regularly for four months now. I gave them a soak about a month ago and they got their first wash a day ago. Here they are fresh off of the clothes line. This is pretty moderate wear with a couple of miles biking every week. The color has been great on these since the wash and I'm hoping they'll get some good vintage looking fades by the end of summer. I live in New Orleans, so summer is going to be pretty brutal on these jeans and frequent washes are going to happen (from swamp ass in the actual swamp), but I'm stubborn enough to stick it out. 

9JX08YX.jpg?1

And a money shot of the selvage 

TzpYcC6.jpg?1  

I noticed the weft is actually two threads that are different shades of green threaded together. Would the weft on normal 14oz jean be one thicker thread? 

Just a quick drunken shoutout to the Miner Cut.  I think I have 6 pairs at this point.  Just the best fit for me, period.  Considering buying a second pair of the navy Japanese twill just to stock up.

If you love the Miner cut pick up the new Cone indigo twill.  Not up on the website yet, but just landed on Thursday.

Edit: I mean - do whatever you want of course! But I'm very excited about that new fabric.

Edited by pepper davies