Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Sorry to double post, but just took some pictures of my girlfriend's Chelseas on the way to brunch.  Love the fit.  Think she might finally be committed to breaking them in.

yVueXL7.jpg

BnRjorG.jpg

Q7hXA1e.jpg

JORgZhb.jpg

The chelsea is an awesome w's cut! definitely a bunch of girls running around the twin cities in those! good work lady pep!

Variety box came!

IMG_20140605_171344_149_zps92e31984.jpg?

Pretty psyched overall- I was a little bummed about the tank at first because I don't usually wear them, but I tried it on and really like it a lot. Definitely wearing the polo to work tomorrow. I'm considering ordering another one soon :P.

Edited by jmfr

It's been a while since I posted my sweats here. I've been trying to wear them as much as possible and now they are finally starting to show some well defined creases and even slight fading here and there. My coworkers still cant tell they're sweatpants which i find pretty hilarious.

These are about half outside and half inside photos just for reference.

0zFwi2Hl.jpg

qnXulxDl.jpg

fKeBj3Bl.jpg

hzplc5fl.jpg

ND0wduml.jpg

wnFZme0l.jpg

xkHiPQ9l.jpg

DR1hgeRl.jpg

wmV4I6Rl.jpg

pb8Cj9il.jpg

nice fade.

Those look intense!

I'll have to play catch up, dude.  That glue I was complaining about earlier came off with some solvent, but the solvent stayed on.  I've been waiting for the solvent to dry off, which it has now.

There are other factors, getting compliments on other stuff etc, which have kept the sweats shelved.  But damn, yours look so good I'm breaking mine out again tomorrow.

jyoni.... show us your sweats!

Hey everyone, here is an update on my Nisshinbo chelsea's. I've washed them about 6-7 times so far. At the the one year 3 month mark now. Some more pictures of them as well as my recent @mfarmtown pickups can be found here.

vZQYrbz.jpg

XX53HdN.jpg

4grrAiJ.jpg

Btw9mD1.jpg

2ish weeks.  Got a couple additional fabric options that weren't shown on the instagram as well.

awesome! thanks for the update. Im thinking I might grab one as a late fathers day gift. My dad could definitely rock that brown flip down cap.

I may end up keeping it for myself though....

took a quick shot of my kuroki chelsea's looking' good a couple days ago.

1272A78E-C6DF-4EAA-BF75-31BCB3EE0E66_zps

flyordie, My black marias haven't stretched out a ton. They went from a 35 to maybe 36, but certainly not past a full inch. However, I didn't size down at all; so, they were pretty comfy and didn't have any real strain on them from the start. Keep in mind the higher rise along with your washing practices should probably be factored into your decision too.  

Hi,

I'm interested in picking up a pair of the Black Marias - do they stretch much at all? I'm usually a 31 in most jeans, 29 in APCs. I'm wondering if I should go TTS or 1 size down (30) with the greasers for a slightly slimmer fit.

If you want a slightly slimmer fit, get the Chelseas TTS and you should be good to go. The cuts aren't drastically different. My 2 cents anyway.

In my experience, sizing down in the greasers is harder to deal with than sizing down in the chelsea's because the pressure isn't on your hips it's more on your stomach.  I would do chelsea's true to size.

So here's my latest mostly uninteresting adventure in my sweats up until now.

Other than wearing them to work in the office almost daily...

Fppl8CRl.jpg

And educating my coworkers on the subject of raw denim and its various levels of awesomeness...

r4vUPddl.jpg

I haven't done too much in them sadly, thanks to work. I need to think of something cool to do in them to warrant another update, but this is the best i have so far this summer. 

This weekend I decided to drive over to East Texas where our lake house is, and try to do a bit of work on my old RX7, and also help my dad a bit with maintaining the place.

2iCXFezl.jpg

Lucily i convinced my friend Connor to join me, so we got there pretty quickly on those back country roads.

v7WEBQUl.png

Connor and I spent a good bit of time just relaxing and enjoying time away from work

fFl95Ezl.jpg

7yvvqb6l.jpg

And man, is that Texas sky a sight to see...

5497WbHl.jpg

FF3qEaQl.jpg

I got to try on the most intense winter boots I've ever seen, thanks to an estate sale where my grandma got them for $2

They were a size 9 and looked like about a size 13

eDFAFsAl.jpg

I made a bit of progress on my mazda which i'm happy about

KToOMb4l.jpg

and soon i'll be bringing her home to Fort Worth since we'll have a garage again. 

Anyways, aside from sitting in the office 45 hrs a week and playing video games after work, the sweats haven't seen too much action unfortunately. I hope to be a bit more active in them soon. So far they're just finally starting to show some fading in the creased areas. These things are definitely not fast faders, but i think they'll be very interesting once they've got a year+ of wear into them. I look forward to seeing how everybody else's pairs are doing, because i'm super interested in how they're aging with the rest of y'all. 

I realize this post was mostly photos of things other than sweats and I hope this wasn't too lackluster of a post, but i wanted to add some more sweats love to the thread and i'd really like to see some progress from the other competitors as well. Hope everybody is doing well!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Here are a couple of pictures from mine.

My pockets have needed to be stitched up for a while, but finally got around to it.  As good as new now.  The tops will need the same treatment some time this week.

ahYD2zu.jpg

JbfS64R.jpg

Although I don't eat meat, I have always enjoyed cooking.  I bought a thermometer for my morning coffee making, but figured why not test it out with some BBQ for my girlfriend.  Brisket and fresh bread.  Overnight in the fridge with the rub.  Took about 12 hours in the oven.

YVEr8b5.jpg

Luk7b52.jpg

AoNjfsj.jpg

F5OSf3u.jpg

How low did you set the temperature in the oven?

Kept the oven temp at around 225.  When internal temp of the meat hit 150 I wrapped it in foil and put about 1/3 a cup of the mop in there.  Pulled it at 200 and ended up hitting a couple degrees higher.  I can't eat it, but my girlfriend said it was too spicy and I have a feeling I should throw down for some more expensive meat next time.

So here's my latest mostly uninteresting adventure in my sweats up until now.

Other than wearing them to work in the office almost daily...

Fppl8CRl.jpg

And educating my coworkers on the subject of raw denim and its various levels of awesomeness...

r4vUPddl.jpg

I haven't done too much in them sadly, thanks to work. I need to think of something cool to do in them to warrant another update, but this is the best i have so far this summer. 

This weekend I decided to drive over to East Texas where our lake house is, and try to do a bit of work on my old RX7, and also help my dad a bit with maintaining the place.

2iCXFezl.jpg

Lucily i convinced my friend Connor to join me, so we got there pretty quickly on those back country roads.

v7WEBQUl.png

Connor and I spent a good bit of time just relaxing and enjoying time away from work

fFl95Ezl.jpg

7yvvqb6l.jpg

And man, is that Texas sky a sight to see...

5497WbHl.jpg

FF3qEaQl.jpg

I got to try on the most intense winter boots I've ever seen, thanks to an estate sale where my grandma got them for $2

They were a size 9 and looked like about a size 13

eDFAFsAl.jpg

I made a bit of progress on my mazda which i'm happy about

KToOMb4l.jpg

and soon i'll be bringing her home to Fort Worth since we'll have a garage again. 

Anyways, aside from sitting in the office 45 hrs a week and playing video games after work, the sweats haven't seen too much action unfortunately. I hope to be a bit more active in them soon. So far they're just finally starting to show some fading in the creased areas. These things are definitely not fast faders, but i think they'll be very interesting once they've got a year+ of wear into them. I look forward to seeing how everybody else's pairs are doing, because i'm super interested in how they're aging with the rest of y'all. 

I realize this post was mostly photos of things other than sweats and I hope this wasn't too lackluster of a post, but i wanted to add some more sweats love to the thread and i'd really like to see some progress from the other competitors as well. Hope everybody is doing well!

That is a sweet looking RX7!

Kept the oven temp at around 225. When internal temp of the meat hit 150 I wrapped it in foil and put about 1/3 a cup of the mop in there. Pulled it at 200 and ended up hitting a couple degrees higher. I can't eat it, but my girlfriend said it was too spicy and I have a feeling I should throw down for some more expensive meat next time.

MOP?