Eternal Jeans

minya

Please forgive for I have sinned.......

main-s.jpgsub2-s.jpg

Added to the rotation.

Hoping to get my 811 to the same level.........it's currently at about 3,5 months real wear and the fading is starting to show.

Need to buy a new DSLR before I can post pics.

Tomorrow my 811's will be one year old (which strangely coencides with me finishing uni..!) Thought I would do a few detail shots because I was bored :(

2493821911_e156d13a67.jpg2494641576_78a212b89d.jpg2494643568_6b6bbd8f62.jpg

2493828129_08a6cdae2e.jpg2493830409_4b824810ec.jpg2494650238_36d809fe81.jpg

The last photo really shows how much colour has been lost in the thighs compared to the lower leg. I'm thinking of giving them a super hot wash later this week to get some more colour out.... Thoughts?

my eternals at 5 mo. no wash. I think it is time to do a warm soak.

those look good and in no need of a soak...

are these 811's? they don't look as slim as most of them I've seen, wich is a good thing to me tho...

Thought I would do a few detail shots because I was bored :(

Very happy you were bored enough to provide us with such beautiful pictures :D

I just realized this thread kinda hurts me cause it always make me want to wear my 811's so bad I wish for the contest to be over already. Then I look at the jeans I'm wearing and realize I've grown to love them so much that I have a real hard time wearing anything else.

sorry for this rant...

Very happy you were bored enough to provide us with such beautiful pictures :D

I just realized this thread kinda hurts me cause it always make me want to wear my 811's so bad I wish for the contest to be over already. Then I look at the jeans I'm wearing and realize I've grown to love them so much that I have a real hard time wearing anything else.

sorry for this rant...

trust me. i completely understand what you're ranting about.

I've been wanting to wear my 811's for 2 years now but kept on being derailed by new pairs I buy... I feel like a prodigal son to my Eternals...You know they will look nice if you just wear them but you take it for granted.

Thanks for all your positive comments guys - I'm glad you're enjoying the journey.

lilldavid I know what you mean - whenever I see well worn jeans by another brand I just want to run out and buy them. However sticking with one pair for such a long time it kind of hurts to give up on them. I now find myself automaticaly putting my 811's on in the morning - I love them so much. I plan to keep with them for probably another month or so before I start a new job when I'll probably get a pair of Sam 0500's.

In the mean time though here are a few one-year anniversary shots. These have had one soak at 1 month and then 40 degree washes at 3, 6 and 11 months. I agree with the rest of you an I will hold out washing them for the moment until they smell again, although summer shows no sign of rearing its head here so that could be a while!

Enjoy.

2505426366_73a2af69f1.jpg2504606967_30cc1b9536.jpg

2504614483_71215fc248.jpg2505432788_088edd800f.jpg

i drool everytime i see the fades on other people's 811s. here are some pics of my 811s at 1 mo.

20080521eternal811bd7.jpg

first pic was w/ flash; second and third were not. I got true to size (33) in raw then soaked it. i know that goes against the reason for buying raw, but the o/w from eternal looks wrinkled like a mfker. honeycombs look a little retarded imo, but, hey, it's all me, baby. nothing to write home about yet in terms of fades, but there's some blue peeping out at the crotch, back pockets, and hidden rivets. the cut is pretty good, but my pair seems to have a bulge in the crotch especially when sitting down. i never knew my goods were that big.

ctazza what are your future plans, keep on wearing or start on a new pair? I see you wear some jeans that looks pretty new

Yeah they are by D.I.E. They're a raw black coated denim. They do look pretty new but I've actualy had them a while - they're reserved as smart jeans. Regarding my next pair I think I'll go for a pair of Sam 0500's. I fancy something with a bit more of a taper in the lower leg then my 811's. I wont be getting those for a while until the GBP - Yen exchange rate improves more in my favour so these will get another month or so of wear I think.

Yeah they are by D.I.E. They're a raw black coated denim. They do look pretty new but I've actualy had them a while - they're reserved as smart jeans. Regarding my next pair I think I'll go for a pair of Sam 0500's. I fancy something with a bit more of a taper in the lower leg then my 811's. I wont be getting those for a while until the GBP - Yen exchange rate improves more in my favour so these will get another month or so of wear I think.

okey so you go for sams, hope you put as much time in them as you did with the 811's and the result will be faboulous.

i know it's a bit of a noob question, but how badly would a warm soak after ~1 month mess up the fades? i lost a little weight recently, so the waist is getting looser than i like it. i've been reading that 811s hold indigo in for a long time, so i assume it will be ok but i want a second opinion before i screw up my first good pair of jeans.