Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I realize I've been whoring these around for a while, but I'd like to show the post wash pics. They tightened up and lightened up nicely.

For color reference, new pair of APC on the left, new sorahikos to the right. Just to show how dark these still are.

p8060105.jpg

p8060106.jpg

p8060107.jpg

Hey guys, I'm just looking for general advice on arcuate painting. When the arcs on my samurai go, I want to repaint them. At the moment, I'm thinking of just making an stencil while they're still here, and painting them on later. I searched through the thread, but I'm lazy,

did you guys ever get cardguides for arcs or did most of you freehand it? I'd appreciate some tips.

Hey guys, I'm just looking for general advice on arcuate painting. When the arcs on my samurai go, I want to repaint them. At the moment, I'm thinking of just making an stencil while they're still here, and painting them on later. I searched through the thread, but I'm lazy,

did you guys ever get cardguides for arcs or did most of you freehand it? I'd appreciate some tips.

if you can make a stencil it will be much easier to repaint them later one. most of us used acrylic paint i believe. we got an image of the arcs on a piece of paper for every pair. as far as tips go... patience and a steady hand are the key.

Reading in the denime contest thread that Mr Denime himself is going to be the final judge of that contest, I realized that I have no idea of how this contest is going to be judged. I know we still have a long ways to go, but I'm curious. Anyone knows?

I was explaining the contest to a friend of mine Saturday, and I was wondering the same thing, "how's this going to end?". I assume we just take pix when our year is up and send them to BiG, and they'll take care of the rest.

^I guess. But pics can be so deceiving.

Yep, and it can be pretty darn tough just getting decent photos (my camera certainly isn't up to the task). I wouldn't mind at all paying to send my jeans back to be judged, but I can see it causing a hassle for BiG to recieve (I'm guessing) 50 pairs of jeans, hang onto them until judging is done, and then ship them back to their owners. And if jeans get damaged, lost in the mail, returned to the wrong owner, etc..... even more PITA. And the nice thing about pictures is they can easily post them on the website for everyone to see.

But, if it gets put to a vote, I'm for shipping them back to BiG.

Oh, and I don't know if it matters, but I was never added to the roll at the beginning of this thread. Setterman, 0105C #087 start date 3-3-09.

from what i can ascertain gordon said that miki-san is very excited about the contest, although it does seem weird that cats would join a contest without a pre-determined prize @least for the 1st place contestant! why would you fancy him(miki-san) to be a cheap-ass? gordon told me he is a wealthy man, and he drives a big black benz with all the trimmings. a give-away pair to him cant be more than $100. thats nothing when considering the advertisement/pub he's getting due to this contest, which imho put FC on the map in the US.