Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

quick update of my 0105.hitting 4 months next weekend,wearing them 7 hours from monday til friday and all day saturday and sunday.some threads in the crotch came apart today,did a quick repairjob.they are dirty and they stink.really bad.will do a wash next weekend.i promise.

P1030088.jpg

P1030089.jpg

P1030091.jpg

you can loop the thread around the seam over and over. thats what i did with mine. i wish i could show you a pic...fades coming along well, btw.

i did my reinforcement the 1st week i wore them.

Renfo.jpg

needle through or close to the stitch hole (doesnt have to be exact); loop needle around the stitch; and then exit from start point. this way the reinforcing thread is not visible from the outside. same principle in reinforcing the front and backpocket. 'just thought i'd share.

how i just love to be quoted. thats a nice method, but what i do in this area is loop the thread around the folded part where the denims come together, so the repair stitch is perpendicular to the visible inseam stitch. its very visible, but if i catch a nigga is staring at my crotch, he'll be staring at the bottom of my onitsukas soon after!

Its 29°C and very humid in Hamburg today, and man my fullcounts smell! had to visit a doctor after work and as i didnt want to get strange looks from other people sitting in the waiting room,i switched into my sc okis.took the chance and soaked the 0105 into taphot water with a little woolite black for 2 hours,than a cold rinse in the washingmachine.now they hang dry and the okis taking a little sunbath and fresh air.they got sweaty real quick on the way back from the doc.and as salaami loves to get quoted: from now on i will stick to your advise to wash or soak as soon without any backthougts about collecting fades and contrast..

P1030094.jpg

adding to this i must say that nothing should hold me back from wearing my fc's the whole summer,doesnt matter how hot and humid it will get,as the denim is really something special.comparing to both my LVC 47's the vertical fading looks similar,but the rich deepness of the indigo is on another level!

oh shit, i gots me a convert! i feel like the denim rev. rollo goodlove! for those who don't want to ''wash'' often, but don't like a lot of bugs constantly festering under your nads, just hot soak, or pour boiling water on the weft-side of the crotch.

these are fading slower and slower now that the overall fading has progressed so much. they have already lost so much indigo in some places that basically you can't fade white! usually @first the denim fades faster and faster, then it plateaus off a bit for a while(where i am now) and then the fade matures to pure beauty if you have the patience to keep rocking them. the thing is people usually retire their jeans at the plateau phase, and never get the really mature fade. or they have a blowout and say 'fuck it, i need new raws'. but if they had patience, they would really taste the sweetness of breaking raw denim....

wash #23 in progress...the last few washes the water wasn't really blue at all

obviously that doesnt count for knees!being a father of two lovely kids i spent a lot of my leisuretime on the floor-not always educating but mostly cleaning and tidying up what my little monsters messed around! i know you are a father aswell-lets show your kid'kneefades!:D

lendo looked out and posted some pics 4 me in the evo thread. the lighting makes the dark parts of the jean look lighter than actual. the knees are as white as they can get! after a drywall job yesterday the right-back pocket is starting to rip off. the rivets don't matter in this case, since the ripping is more towards the pocket opening itself. its almost an inch long, so i'll take time to fix it with gordon thread. the frequent washing is also good for a young dad, cause i get gerber graduates( and whatever else she happens to eat) on my jeans all the time...

day two after wash. my plan was to post some pics,but apart from being clean and fresh now,there is no visible change at all.the indigoloss is minimal,they shrank the usual amount but stretched back fast and easily.my hope was to loose some lenght- BIG forgot to hem them- but no avail.next on the agenda is a proper machinewash at 70°C.looks like the hot weather will stay so that wont be far away.my nose will tell me when "they" need it!

Fresh out of the washer and dryer, and ready for a night out. This is their seventh trip through the washer. Only been a week since their last wash. Would have liked to have gone longer, but after a rainy week and training the dog in a muddy field, they were in need of a wash. Tweaked the color a little bit, trying to get a more realistic picture. The jeans are still very dark in the non wear areas like the lower legs.

000_0003-1.jpg

000_0004-2.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

setteman, you are coming along just fine me boy! to add to what you said, the areas that don't get wear don't just bleed out with water exposure. miki-san recommends frequent washing! (about once a week if you sweat moderately) a digital camera can't render the true patina of worn denim, at least not one i've taken pics with. my jeans look so light above the knee overall because the top-half gets a lot of abrasion on rough shit(cement blocks, bricks, pavement, etc.) below the knee is still almost raw looking.

H.BOSCH is gonna give serious comp if he wears those doing actual work...

i don't think you two have anything to worry about as far as fading. after any substantial amount of time, perhaps 1 year, as long as you wear the jeans consistently, i'm sure they'll look great.

on another note, i'm overseas in china on vacation, and have been keeping to wearing these jeans everyday for a good 10-12 hours a day in 80-100 degree weather. i actually think i may just have a higher tolerance for heat than the normal person.

pics to come when i can find some unsecured wireless that lasts long enough for me to upload them.

they don't fade as fast as some say, its takes a good amount of abrasion to fade these. these ain't warehouse 1000xx denim or samurais 4 sho. the usual hanging out, watching TV, just chillin', etc. won't do much to fade these babys. the indigo is made to last, and so is the denim. i don't know how my knees don't have holes yet! they are whiter than Mike Jackson! the weakness of the all cotton thread is understood. i like wearing mine in hot weather too. im about to go out and dig in the clay, and it's going to be 90...

one thing that really surprisingly impressed me about these is these is the toughness of the pocket bags. tougher than samurai, relatively speaking. no holes yet....