Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

No offense to klue but I wish people would stop sucking on his denim dick.

There are some really nice pairs being posted in here (Knugget, loving yours) and it's early in the contest; by the end alot of these pairs will probably be beautifully faded and not in tatters.

I think reinforcing the idea that any pair that isn't klue-level by now is "boring" will not benefit this contest at all.

Chill. Before we get another 4 pages of arguing about that shit. His pair looks radical for 2 months, compared to the rest of us, who are all at about the same level of evolution right now. That's all. Nobody's sucking no denim dick.

I am "chill," I just don't see how propagating the idea that if your jeans are at a normal wear level for 2 months they are "boring" is going to help people stay enthusiastic about this contest.

I know that most of the contestants are not that radical with their jeans, but it seriously is refreshing? (maybe i'm using the wrong term) to see a pair of jeans fucked up within a few months.

But you probably put me back on track reminding me that I'm only 2 months in.

2 months and 4 days in, first crotch repair. Just the stitches breaking, no rips or anything.

No offense to klue but I wish people would stop sucking on his denim dick.

There are some really nice pairs being posted in here (Knugget, loving yours) and it's early in the contest; by the end alot of these pairs will probably be beautifully faded and not in tatters.

I think reinforcing the idea that any pair that isn't klue-level by now is "boring" will not benefit this contest at all.

Chill. Before we get another 4 pages of arguing about that shit. His pair looks radical for 2 months, compared to the rest of us, who are all at about the same level of evolution right now. That's all. Nobody's sucking no denim dick.

These are my first pair of contest jeans and Japanese denim, so even though my current level of wear might be considered boring by some, I'm excited about the contest and how they're turning out. And after reading the outstanding "so I'm having a pair of jeans made.." thread, I appreciate my Full Counts even more.

Started wearing 'em 3-3-09. I'd guess I've got about 50 days of wear in them (split time with my LVC '44 501s in April). The photos are decieving, they look dark all over indoors. But, when outside I can see progress and where the wear is coming. I'm getting pretty jazzed about 'em.

These are my first pair of contest jeans and Japanese denim, so even though my current level of wear might be considered boring by some, I'm excited about the contest and how they're turning out. And after reading the outstanding "so I'm having a pair of jeans made.." thread, I appreciate my Full Counts even more.

Everyone should check that thread if you haven't already. Will have you checking details and increase the love for the jeans.

tyshooter has put VA on the map with these! i'm hyped cause i can already see where these are going. my daughter pissed on the ole' FC, so they got another dr.bronners hand wash. the new citrus scent is delightful!

on another note i had a rather lenghty conversation with gordon about the history and connections between the osaka 5. i wont repeat everything mentioned out of respect for the source, but he mentioned that the contest denim was made out of cotton miki-san had left over after making the 15 year(15 ounce) anniversary jeans. the denim is identical except for the green-line selvage. he also mentioned that the thread that he(gordon) uses and gives out is from the various labels he carries. all the different labels are super specific so that for example miki-san makes sure that his thread is different from say samurai, and vice-versa, as far as color and texture. and they all use a specific thread for hems, and thats what he gets from each company. the thread is unsanforized, and specially spun. gordon used the word braided. he mentioned that when miki-san picked him up from the airport he was driving a black benz pumpin cameo slow jams. he also said the FC denim is a red caste, and that it tends to have a purplish tinge to it when seen in certain light...oh yeah, he said that Denime is the 1st to make repros, not SDA. SDA has been out since 1979, but they werent making jeans then. when FC first came out they actually outsold evisu for the 1st year...

I forgot to post this pic w the others. Salaami- if I get up that way in the near future, or, if you come to the beach, we'll have to catch up. They're still dark as hell, the sunlight in the pics help. I think I haven't worn these 3 maybe 4 days since I got em. Can't help it, they feel so good.

crotch-1.jpg