Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

ty, to be completely honest, only like 5-6 actual contestants even post their thoughts here, and even less post pics.

I think summer has played a part in the slow down of this thread. People have other things to do. And I think a lot of the jeans are on a plain right now where they've gotten that initial wear in, and now they're changing slowly. I know I haven't seen much change in mine over the past month. Part of that though is due to summer and the white wear areas turning grey from sweat and dirt. Won't know what's new until you put them through the wash.

if ppl don't think that FC are right up there with the rest of what's out there, then shame on them. before i got these i was wearing FH's. no dis to them, but i ain't even touched them since i started wearing these. i guess part of the reason i got them WAS because not alot of ppl were wearing them. however, i hope that through my pic's (and everyone else's) ppl see that THESE are badass jeans. they were an ABSOLUTE steal when Gordon first put up for sale, still are a good deal IMO. i think someone mentioned earlier in regards to Mizanation's post about his custom jeans. If anyone thought those were cool with all the details and stuff, then they should def look into the FC contest jeans. these have all the details and more. peace.

agree with you tv.before the contest i was wearing okinawas-which are really great and not comparable.wearing my 0105 for 5 months straight now i love the denim more and more.gonna spend next 3 weeks in them ( being off work),that should give them the final touch for the first real wash.some pics on their way soon.

not much evolution to show but here are some vacation-shots......

hanging out in NL

img1940.jpg

img1917phn.jpg

doing the tourie-thing in Barcelona

img0262.jpg

some authentic jamon

img0404.jpg

the castellers

img0154.jpg

eating tapas

img0475m.jpg

mother of water and electricity

img0453x.jpg

beach of mataro

img0338s.jpg

img0292.jpg

sitting on the hightest Point of the Parc Güell

cheers

I'm kinda in the salaryman boat as well. I'm really just now starting to see some fades. Maybe ya'll will see some pics next week, including a miss kitty update. They'll be contingent on the repair of her camera however.

BTW, all the recent pics are really great. Good job guys. And salaami, this thread needs you. You're not being taken for granted.

Same deal for me - shoudl have went for the 1108 (I'm 5'10'' and weigh around 160), instead of the 0105. I'm not going to deny the fact that these are the best pair of jeans I own - in terms of quality, detail and pretty well everything.

My larger issue is the fact that I didn't size these correctly (as I said before) and I sit at a desk most to/all of the day so I'm not getting any interesting wear.

Same deal for me - shoudl have went for the 1108 (I'm 5'10'' and weigh around 160), instead of the 0105. I'm not going to deny the fact that these are the best pair of jeans I own - in terms of quality, detail and pretty well everything.

My larger issue is the fact that I didn't size these correctly (as I said before) and I sit at a desk most to/all of the day so I'm not getting any interesting wear.

I think what caught me was the extreme high front/back rise... I sized them the same as my low rise jeans.. I went TTS but it seems like the jeans didn't exactly shrink to tagged size and they ended up sitting where my low rise jeans sit and makes everything look weird

Snake- i like where those are goin. Joelz- you got some sick fadez goin on too. Juan B.- you look like someone I know. good pic's. see what happens when Salaami comes down on us! motivation! btw, it's been hotter than Texas here the last few days. i walked out the house yesterday, turned around, put shorts on. but, i'm back to reality today and the FC's are on! i will wash later this week. . . maybe. ;)

I don't wanna scroll dozens of the same pics in a row and I wanna the forum to run fast...

if between his pics and your question like ten other posts were posted, I would understand you to qoute that...but not if it follows directly

seems reasonable - thanks - I'll know better in the future

With all the "salaryman" talk lately, I'm a little worried that some of us are getting discouraged our are dissappointed the jeans aren't wearing faster. I think everyone's jeans look great! Keep it up, stick with 'em, and remember you're only about half way through the contest. There's a lot of wear still to come.

I'm really looking forward to late winter/early spring when most people's year is up and seeing how everyone's jeans turned out.

First pair of Japanese denim, first pair of contest jean, and best pair of jeans I've ever owned. I'm enjoying my Full Counts immensly.

Thanks guys.

Thread is nothing special I guess, bought in a sewing store around the corner. The colour is more off than I thought it would be though but it wont matter in long run.

The hem looks the same from the other side. For me it's the chain thread that has broken so far so I looped around it and at the same time through the small loops of the "outside" thread. Visible especially in the chainstich I didn't work on yet. Simple, but a bit time consuming. Oh, and it's 100% polyester :P

dsc06045g.jpg