Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

im glad most people got the regular fit. truer to the original idea of the contest...i e-mailed gordon a week ago about any extra w28s. no go.

Keep your eyes peeled after they ship...I'm sure someone will have bought them that didn't read enough to size correctly.

which thread are we going to be using, the redux or the original?

I say stick with the original, as all the info is in there.

P.S. Gordon, im waiting by my doorstep

we are currently going to use the redux one, because at the moment we aren't able to retrieve the original, so just bare with this thread for the moment :cool: and ya i'm waiting for mine also at my doorstep LOL

I just found out that my post won't be coming in until the 5th of January, which means all of you would have a lead time of 4 days on me.

The porters need X'mas holidays off, and all post will be redirected to the main university collection office.

Anyone from the UK ordered jeans from abroad before? Did they have to pay customs charge? I just received 2 threadless tees and had to pay a customs charge of GBP 12.18 :(

I just found out that my post won't be coming in until the 5th of January, which means all of you would have a lead time of 4 days on me.

The porters need X'mas holidays off, and all post will be redirected to the main university collection office.

Anyone from the UK ordered jeans from abroad before? Did they have to pay customs charge? I just received 2 threadless tees and had to pay a customs charge of GBP 12.18 :(

Make sure you ask Gordon to mark the value down and not include any invoice in the package. You have a better chance if he ships with USPS rather than DHL from what I remember.

Why can't you just go to the main collection office if you are that desperate?

Well, our feodal landlords take 30% of taxes and vat additional to the whole cost. So my jeans will cost me total of 340$. Every customs officer here is like sheriff of Nottingham. The true value of jeans being Robin Hood...

Well, our feodal landlords take 30% of taxes and vat additional to the whole cost. So my jeans will cost me total of 340$. Every customs officer here is like sheriff of Nottingham. The true value of jeans being Robin Hood...

At first i thought you were mistaken, but after googling it dawned on me that the import tax for clothes here in Finland is about 12% + the vat, which sucks...oh well, it's only money.

anyway, i ordered the 0105 size 31.

At first i thought you were mistaken, but after googling it dawned on me that the import tax for clothes here in Finland is about 12% + the vat, which sucks...oh well, it's only money.

hmm i'm definately hoping they aren't shippin by DHL, because last time i got a bill from customs for 100 bucks, which is just rape because like my jeans cost 200. Hopefully if it's coming from the states, then it's being shipped by USPS, and not DHL....Oh man, i don't care how much i spent on them jeans, it's that xmasy feeling you get when you open and embrace...so hard to fight to be totally honest with you LOL

The people at customs vary a lot in Finland. I ordered a package from SE, and I didn't have to pay anything because the price tag was missing. I then ordered a $270 pair of Sammies from BiG, and a different woman at the customs spent , literally, 20 minutes googling around, trying to find out how much they were worth. She then stumbled on BiG's site, for some reason thought that I had ordered a $500 pair of natural indigo jeans. It took me quite a bit of convincing before she accepted that it wasn't a great ploy between BiG and the illuminati and God knows what else.

edit: So personally I'm just going to print out the invoice, if my parcel gets busted. Murphy's law says it's going to be the same woman at the office as last time.

The people at customs vary a lot in Finland. I ordered a package from SE, and I didn't have to pay anything because the price tag was missing. I then ordered a $270 pair of Sammies from BiG, and a different woman at the customs spent , literally, 20 minutes googling around, trying to find out how much they were worth. She then stumbled on BiG's site, for some reason thought that I had ordered a $500 pair of natural indigo jeans. It took me quite a bit of convincing before she accepted that it wasn't a great ploy between BiG and the illuminati and God knows what else.

edit: So personally I'm just going to print out the invoice, if my parcel gets busted. Murphy's law says it's going to be the same woman at the office as last time.

I might know who you're talking about... :)

I once tried to get japanese Hakama (made of polyester blend) out of the customs for two days. She was convinced it was silk and all that...

shit, i would request that SE and BIG put false tags(like $50 for jeans) on international orders, to end this racket. who would know the difference? they say we are crazy for what we really pay, and we say they're crazy with the customs tariffs, so why not add a lil sanity into the equation?

@demarco you wouldn't mind me asking where of t.dot are u located? because it's always nice to see more people from t.dot doing these kind of contest, i guess it gives me support.

but for now i'm hoping BiG in all efforts will try to ship it early before the Xmas rush, although i am very grateful, my Xmas would be complete if we all got our jeans on time :D

Plus....I think DP said we going to do that Newspaper thingy on the start date i'm not actually too sure though.

they're shipping already?? how do you guys know this?

Also is there anyway people living in NY can get in touch with Gordon and pick them up in lieu of shipping? It seems sort of overkillish to me

Hoho, been there done that. First time that I ordered anything outside of Europe was my with my Samurais from 2nd. I tried to get away with saying that its a gift from a friend etc, but the lady behind the desk was playing a detective...asked to me to open the box etc, had to pay 40~ euros.

Second time, ordering from SE, I ended up paying 240euros~ taxes. But that was kind of my "own fault", since there were no tags included and it was a different lady this time, older and didnt seem to give a damn...I probably could have just said that its "3-tees worth of 50$". Didnt want to risk paying even more, so I just gave her the paypal receipt and took the damage.

PS. if any of you fins ordering a size31 comes to a conclusion that you sized wrong, PM me, I might be interested.

but for now i'm hoping BiG in all efforts will try to ship it early before the Xmas rush, although i am very grateful, my Xmas would be complete if we all got our jeans on time :D

Plus....I think DP said we going to do that Newspaper thingy on the start date i'm not actually too sure though.

Is this just gossip or is there really a chance that we get them around christmas? If so, it will be hard not to soak them and wear at the new years celebrations. There is hardly a better way to break them in than sweat, puke and pee...

Seems like we Finns are well represented in this one! :D