45rpm

absolut

Hmm, on closer investigation, it looks like I bought a pair of one-wash Sumi x Top Sorahiko, as erbs mentioned just above my first post. (Mine are not the distressed version though)

I'm surprised that these are supposedly only 9.5 oz, because the fabric feels much more thick and substantial than that!

the warp is 100% indigo while the weft is black, so they can fade, no worry.

i did try them on but did not like the cut. rise is too low and its just too slim overall, kinda like inbetween the two straight pbjs or something.

i tried the womens version in the same denim instead and i like it much more. cut is quite wide but the rise is still sort of low. zipfly too.

Hi all,

I'm visiting Tokyo on a business trip and went to the 45rpm shop in Shibuya yesterday. I was looking for a basic pair of one-wash Sorahikos in indigo, but they also had these dark blue/black Sorahikos in both one wash and distressed.

According to the salesman, these were definitely Sorahiko cut (not some other style). He also described that the interior weave is a dark grey and the exterior weave is an indigo-core with black overdye. The distressed version of the jeans looked awesome, with a super cool very dark black-blue and some electric-blueish highlights. He also said this color was for this season only and was limited.

I ended up buying a pair of the one wash (because I want my own fading). However, I suspect that these won't fade that easily (cuz black doenst fade easily?) but I'm still in love with them!!

Anyone else heard of this model?

Thanks!

I have a pair of these too, bought it about a month ago. They definitely fade, maybe not as fast as your regular indigo jeans, but the color becomes very interesting after a while. I like the cut a lot (I think it's that new Sorahiko cut that people didn't seem to like, but it works fine for me) too. They also are surprisingly warm for such a light denim. Great pair of jeans for the winter.

Maybe I can try to post pictures if people want to see what they look like.

I'm going to ship my Jomons to 45rpm nyc for repair, I guess I will snap some photos before I ship them, might as well snap pics of my Fullcounts as well... Will post pics later...

got a Sorahiko "medium" wash which i bought here @sf. to start with, they were actual waist 32 --- but tagged W30 which were either freakishly oversized [or mis-tagged] with a 37 inseam. i had them dropped off to be hemmed to 34 @45rpm NYC [uptown] and also had them checked for authenticity w'c btw checked out OK.

anyway, i realized i really didn't care much for prefab fades, plus they've stretched out to 33.5 just by normal wear, so now they're off to the supermarket.

my question is: does zimbabwe really stretch out [that] much once the starch had been fully lost and they've soften up from multiple washes? i was thinking, even if they were a mis-tag, they had stretch a full size since i got them just from normal wear.

i've been offered a sora-sumi [raw?] tagged W31 [aslo actual 31]. they're gonna be real tight, but if it is true that they stretch [a full size] passed tagged, i think i can labor through. i'll appreciate it so much if anyone can help me out.

I haven't worn them for a few months coz they need some repair done or they will fall apart... so as you can see in the pics the jeans are pretty flat coz they've been in storage for like months.

Hi all,

I'm visiting Tokyo on a business trip and went to the 45rpm shop in Shibuya yesterday. I was looking for a basic pair of one-wash Sorahikos in indigo, but they also had these dark blue/black Sorahikos in both one wash and distressed.

According to the salesman, these were definitely Sorahiko cut (not some other style). He also described that the interior weave is a dark grey and the exterior weave is an indigo-core with black overdye. The distressed version of the jeans looked awesome, with a super cool very dark black-blue and some electric-blueish highlights. He also said this color was for this season only and was limited.

I ended up buying a pair of the one wash (because I want my own fading). However, I suspect that these won't fade that easily (cuz black doenst fade easily?) but I'm still in love with them!!

Anyone else heard of this model?

Thanks!

You are right those are special for 2008 Autumn collection. Basically they are grey yarn on the weft and the warp is indigo dyed yarn with a dip in some black dye. You are pretty lucky to come to Japan and get those, usually those are made only once every so often.

The light is bad, but you can get an idea of the indigo/grey contrast. On the last picture, you can see a little bit of fading starting (I only wore them for a week or so in total, but they will obviously fade).

I like the non-contrast stitching a lot.

dsc04745om7.jpg

dsc04746qd7.jpg

dsc04748cl5.jpg

dsc04741hc5.jpg

And the fit, which I like a lot:

dsc04753hh8.jpg

Ayn, could you show us some pics of the areas you want repaired?

just the usual crotch areas... I had all my other jeans patched up locally but will send these to 45rpm...

• 3 weeks later...

Updated pics of my Sorahikos... about 2 years, but probably only about 14 months of wear. 1 wash at about 7 months. I think that they're just slightly lighter looking in real life. They're starting to really break down in some parts. I've blown through one of the button holes and I'm about to blow through another one. The top button hole is looking pretty bad as well. A lot of the hem stitching has come undone (resulting in less roping than they should have.) I think it's getting close to time to have them repair them.

img2287sizedjs1.jpg

img2290sizedhm2.jpg