45rpm

absolut

Does anyone know if the current Sorahiko Slims are a new cut or are they the same as previos seasons? Also, does anyone have a fit pick of them on?

New for 2008 we’ve fine-tuned our classic one-wash Sorahiko! The improvements are subtle yet make a remarkable difference. The whole silhouette of the Sorahiko ‘08 has been changed to eliminate excess fabric throughout the legs of the jean to give it a bit more sophisticated look.In an effort to keep a sleek look throughout the leg of the jean we’ve given it a very slight taper from the knee area down to the hemline. Even the stitching has evolved with the rest of the jean. We used different gauge threads with brighter color throughout the jean to give the denim a sharper look. The rise in the rear is slightly deeper to make a bigger difference between the front and the back, which makes the yoke on the back more stable along the waistline. It’s more comfortable on the hips because of better support on the hip-line and actually creates less sag in the seat!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend looking to purchase a pair and he has questioned the legitimacy of the pair he's eyeing--are there any definitive markings he can use to tell whether or not the jeans are originals?

Edit-- the model is the 45RPM Suminando Sorahiko Selvage Jeans

Yes, those are "legit" according to the photos. I have the exact same pair of Suminando's in the exact same size.

A friend and I are both watching that auction. It's the second time the seller is listing those jeans. I have no idea why.

Good luck bidding.

How long does a repair/hem take at the NYC location? And i have to go to the uptown one, right?

I think it depends... when I bought my pair, the woman who did the hems was there and they were able to hem my pair in about 30 min. I had mine done in soho. This was about 1.5 years ago, so maybe things have changed...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

about the new nando jean, the black weft wont have much of a different effect on it except that with nando x nando u'd have a generally more blue-cast fade, with these new ones, they start off deep blue like the nxn's and the fades will be more "ecru-indigo" than just indigo

ALD's darktones are blue warp black weft and they fade like this

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm visiting Tokyo on a business trip and went to the 45rpm shop in Shibuya yesterday. I was looking for a basic pair of one-wash Sorahikos in indigo, but they also had these dark blue/black Sorahikos in both one wash and distressed.

According to the salesman, these were definitely Sorahiko cut (not some other style). He also described that the interior weave is a dark grey and the exterior weave is an indigo-core with black overdye. The distressed version of the jeans looked awesome, with a super cool very dark black-blue and some electric-blueish highlights. He also said this color was for this season only and was limited.

I ended up buying a pair of the one wash (because I want my own fading). However, I suspect that these won't fade that easily (cuz black doenst fade easily?) but I'm still in love with them!!

Anyone else heard of this model?

Thanks!

Hmm, on closer investigation, it looks like I bought a pair of one-wash Sumi x Top Sorahiko, as erbs mentioned just above my first post. (Mine are not the distressed version though)

I'm surprised that these are supposedly only 9.5 oz, because the fabric feels much more thick and substantial than that!