45rpm

absolut

Hi all,

I was recently in Tokyo on a business trip, and I purchased a pair of regular sorahikos plus a pair of the black overdyed suminandos. I bought true to size... 32". Now that I've worn each pair a couple times, they've started to stretch and are a bit loose in the waist. Argh! I didn't know that I should have sized down.

I'm back in the USA now. Is there any chance that 45rpm in NYC would allow me to exchange for one size down? Bleah. Probably not, eh?

Also, has anyone been to the Badou R 45RPMshop in Daikanyama (Tokyo). Its one of the coolest shops I've ever seen... basically a Japanese style house in a suburban area that's been converted into a store. The 'living room' is the store area, plus a garden out front, and a kitchen + tea room downstairs. Awesome.

In case anyone is interested, the direct management stores in Japan are offering up to 50% discounts on a bunch of goods including Jomons and Sorahikos. Those two jeans are selling for roughly ¥28,000 and ¥11,000 respectively IIRC. The sale started today and will last for 10 days (I could be wrong though- the sales lady seemed uncertain and my Japanese isn't perfect).

If you have friends in Japan, I recommend that you finagle them into proxying.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?id=17&Language=English

There might be some mistakes on the shop list. For instance, the English version's "Hokkaido" category should read "Hokkaido and Tohoku." I am not sure if there are additional misprints. The Japanese version displays correctly so you should use it if possible.

I visited the Daimaru shop in Sapporo. The 45 shop was completely swamped by shoppers and most of the Sorahikos were sold out. I think they had a couple 26s, 27s, and mid 30s remaining when I left the store. There were a ton of Jomons however. Basically, the sooner you jump on this, the better.

That said, sorry I can't be of much help. I can go back to the shop, snap some confirmation photos and upload them when I get back from skiing, but the soonest I can return to Sapporo would be 2 days from now.

Additionally, I can proxy in about a week when I return to Sendai but I cannot guarantee that their stock will remain unsold.

Good luck.

I want a size 38 or 40 of any jean - nandoXnando, sorohiko, jomon. As long as they're indigo (eg: not the white sorohikos) and from the main denim line. They may not even stock those sizes in japan so it may be a fools errand...

Sapporo is in the northern island of Hokkaido. I'm assuming you are probably travelling around Honshu.

I think it's safe to assume that you are in Tokyo judging from your previous post. If you are, there should be a bunch of shops scattered around central Tokyo's wards. Check the shop directory link from my last post. I'm sure there are shops in Shinjuku, Ginza, and Nihonbashi. There are probably others as well.

Usually, 45RPM doesn't put their raw or one wash denim on sale. I thought it was surprising that they would sell the Jomons for 1/2 price since they have no problem selling it at full price, but who knows, it would have been a damn good surprise. I just checked their website, and the Jomon or Sorahikos are definitely not on sale.

You can sometimes get their seasonal denim on sale though, that's where you can make really good deals.

Just thought I'd add in some pics of my Nando X Nando, which i recently got tapered as well but don't have fit pics. The pics were taken with my phone:

1gjhuw.jpg2568n4n.jpg

ek2b8m.jpg

As you can see, the selvedge didnt get cut off :D, these have been purchased back in april 2007, worn around 0 - 3 times a week.

Dang, if there really is a 50% off sale, I want a Jomon O/W in 31. And also one of the Sorahiko O/W 2008 Autumn Collection in 31 (interior weave is a dark grey and the exterior weave is an indigo-core with black overdye)
shit shit shit jomons/aihiko's nando nandos sumianndos sorahiukos are not on sale at al god damn been to 4 45 rm stores here in tokyo shit shit shit

dont think its happening

Sorry they weren't on sale, Ed. I feel bad for having you run all over town. In retrospect it would probably have been better to call before heading out. That said, I did manage to snag a pair of 27 Sorahikos for ¥12,075 after tax at the Daimaru store. I am not sure why Daimaru's store was discounting their Sorahikos and Jomons but the Tokyo stores were not (now that I think about it all the inventory was discounted at Daimaru's 45) The shop lady told me that the sale would be effective at all 45 stores. In addition, I was initially informed of the January 2nd sale by a clerk at the Sendai branch, hence why I ventured into Sapporo's 45 store in the first place. Perhaps the sale of all items was imposed by the Daimaru building and not by the 45 branch. Either way I am now now in Sendai so I can go to the 45 store either tomorrow or the day after.

they dont carry sorahiko slims in japan do they

Are the U.S. Sorahikos different from the Japanese models? The ones here in Japan felt plenty slim to me.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5036031

https://www.rby45rpm.com/shopping/show_product.php?product_ID=1/Sorahiko+Slim+O%2FW

The measurements between the Japanese and slim Sorahikos are identical with respect to the waist and front rise.

1/2 off aihikos pictured below. have a pair of unworn one wash still tagged size 32 jomon still that i will part with for $500 and a pair of unworn still tagged size 32 one wash sorahiko (not the new '08 version. sorry these are the soldout '05) i'll sell for $200. both postage paid in the USA.

Your chance to get 45rpm clothes for a fraction of the cost new. Most are barely worn. Enjoy!!!

Prices include postage in the United States. Contact for International rates.

PM me here if interested.

Aihiko ($275) tag size 31" Worn once. One wash. 45rpm's slimmest denim. Special edition from a number of years back with "r" printed pocket bags. Natural Aizome/Synthetic blend. Dyed to the yarns core. Zimbabwe cotton. Hidden rivets. Offset rear belt loop. Selvage coin pocket. Zinc fly buttons. Originally cost $551.

Actual Measurements.

Waist: 32"

Inseam: 32"

Front Rise: 11"

Rear Rise: 15"

Hem: 8.25"

Knee: 8.75"

IMG_2892.jpg

below and picture of hem are truest color. Color is the same as Jomon. Pictured here

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg