45rpm

absolut

I'm thinking of diving into a pair of jomons (as my last pair of jeans) and after requesting thigh, knee and hem measurements of a size 29 i got these from their US store:

Thigh: 10''

Knee: 8,75''

Hem: 8,5''

Obviously this is bollocks. My momotaro which BiG calls "one of our slimmest jeans" has a thigh measurement of 10,5'' on the tagged size 29 and 10,25'' on the true 29.

Can anyone help me with some more precise measurements? I mean, i'm not looking for a pair that will cut my circulation and then selfdestruct.

BTW, i'm looking for a fit that comes close to that of the gentleman all the way down this page: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16045&page=5&highlight=nando

I'm wearing my Jomons right now. I've had them a month. They cost a fortune. I love 'em.

The Jomon seems a relaxed fit, pretty wide straight leg. Saying that I did try the Nando x Nando on in the same size and didn't think they were particularly tight fitting either.

Mine are a much larger size than you have in mind.

The 45rpm thigh measurement is taken 2" or 3" below the crotch whereas the BiG thigh measurement is taken at the crotch per the BiG measurement guide. This is the result of the difference. I'm sure that you could email 45rpm and ask for a thigh measurement taken at the crotch.

I'm thinking of diving into a pair of jomons (as my last pair of jeans) and after requesting thigh, knee and hem measurements of a size 29 i got these from their US store:

Thigh: 10''

Knee: 8,75''

Hem: 8,5''

Obviously this is bollocks. My momotaro which BiG calls "one of our slimmest jeans" has a thigh measurement of 10,5'' on the tagged size 29 and 10,25'' on the true 29.

Can anyone help me with some more precise measurements? I mean, i'm not looking for a pair that will cut my circulation and then selfdestruct.

BTW, i'm looking for a fit that comes close to that of the gentleman all the way down this page: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16045&page=5&highlight=nando

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this has been answered, but i looked thru the thread and couldnt seem to find the answer. i was at the 45rpm store earlier and handled some jomons, they felt a little thin to me. are these 9.5oz? i shouldve asked at the store but it slipped my mind.

Their sorahiko is 14 anyways (http://www.rby45rpm.com/shopping/browse.php?category_ID=1) so i guess their jomons is about 14 too..

yeah i checked on their site and noticed they listed the sorahiko as 14, so it strikes me as odd they would just leave that information out for the jomon. no definitive answers anywhere it seems, guess i would just have to go back and ask :o

^^ I picked up a couple 45RPM shirts off yahoo auctions, they're used, but fuck are they nice. The material is so soft, and the fit is so spot on. Sizings a bit fucked. Im a size 4, but some size 3s fit me, others are way too tight.

Sorahikos take some getting use to, with the wide back pockets they have to be worn very high on the waist. Nice purchase though, surprised that you dont already have them.

cool could we see some pictures of those shirts?

this half of the year is my time to purchase some not so repro japanese jeans.. like 45rpm, kapital, omnigod etc etc thanks!

Hah! Bet you have a denim calender on the wall back home.

"this half of the year is my time to purchase some not so repro japanese jeans.. like 45rpm, kapital, omnigod etc etc thanks" just cracked me!

I'm having a pair of raw jomons on the way in form japan. Looking forward to give you some pics!