Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Does anyone own both the 5010xx and Dior 19cm and would be so kind as to take comparison pictures. I have been so close to buying a pair of 5010xx but just cant pull the trigger. Pictures would be much appreciated.

ayn has pics of the 5010 and he has MIJ 19cm that are his current "project" perhaps he'll post some pics here

ill take some pics tomorrow when i have time...measurement wise, the skulls are a slight bit slimmer on the thighs...but just for accuracy ill put up some pics and measurements tomorrow.

but if you want my 2 cents on skulls...if i had known more about skulls before i bought my diors, i would've just bought the skulls. the denim on the skulls is much better than the diors.

We released 5507XX 6x6 today!

of course The denim cloth is using heavy denim(14.5oz) of 6x6 for yarn same as 5010XX 6x6.

Button fly

and we have both non-wash and one-wash.

The size table is coming soon.

BB046.jpg

BB046_02.jpgBB046_03.jpg

BB046_04.jpg

Does anyone own both the 5010xx and Dior 19cm and would be so kind as to take comparison pictures. I have been so close to buying a pair of 5010xx but just cant pull the trigger. Pictures would be much appreciated.

You know, there is an entire thread called How Do Jeans Fit. Some guy just posted exactly what you're asking. Only took me 10 seconds to find it.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=386750&postcount=593

If it helps, we've got close up photos and also exact measurements on our site for the 5010:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=204

I'm not sure if the Lindas are the same for the 5010xx in terms of stretch (both are 100% cotton right?), but if it's any encouragement, I couldn't even do up the top button my first time wearing it. I say, if you can do the top button, just lie down, do the rest of the buttons and tough it out for a week. That's what I did and now they're pretty comfy.

Thanks for the encouragement, but seriously they were beyond tight. I don't think I am a heavy person, but after getting the top button done, my fingers were in pain from doing so, and it looked totally gross on me. I could hardly bend my legs. My other pairs of dry denim I could at least do up with much effort at the start. This was just ridiculously tight.

If it helps, we've got close up photos and also exact measurements on our site for the 5010:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=204

Kiya, how do you measure your jeans? There seems to be some discrepancy between your measurements, BiG, and fabfour's. I know now that fabfour measures unbuttoned, and BiG is flat across. Seems so confusing getting the best measurement.

Kiya, how do you measure your jeans? There seems to be some discrepancy between your measurements, BiG, and fabfour's. I know now that fabfour measures unbuttoned, and BiG is flat across. Seems so confusing getting the best measurement.

Ours are measured totally buttoned up.

I don't see how it would make sense in ANY way to measure a pair of jeans while they were unbuttoned. the margin for error would be huge.

we spend a LOT of time putting together our measurement charts and i'd hope that they were pretty close to perfect.

Ours are measured totally buttoned up.

I don't see how it would make sense in ANY way to measure a pair of jeans while they were unbuttoned. the margin for error would be huge.

we spend a LOT of time putting together our measurement charts and i'd hope that they were pretty close to perfect.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this is fabfour's guide:

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/pdf/HowToMeasureYourJeans.pdf

As far as looking at fabfour's measurements and BiG's... The 5010xx runs around half a size smaller than the 5010xx 6x6. The 28 6x6s I had were definately smaller in every single way I measured (flat across, around the belt loops, inside the waistband all buttoned up) compared to your regular 5010xxs, but your regulars should be smaller? This is what is confusing me. Right now I am using BiG's measurements for their 6x6 as a guide, so I hope it is right.

BiG and fabfour have different ways of measuring the thigh and the waist.

I'm close to buying some skulls, but wondering about pbj comparisons still. So is the rise lower on these in the front and back? Also, are they tighter in the thighs? I thought the PBJs were tighter and lower but i keep finding different measurements.

so i forgot to take pics or measure today...but heres a couple shots from waywt that compares the two...

31307.jpg

these are the skulls. very slim all around

22807.jpg

heres the dior19cm, alittle bit roomier with similar leg opening. not too big of a difference.

32907.jpg

and just for fun, these are Sling and Stone daniels which fit very mcuh like dior19cm but with a smaller leg opening.

I hear you tweedles. My PBJs are a tad bit too low on the rise, and i was trying to see if the Skulls would be the same because depending on where i go for the measurments, they're either about the same as pbjs or a half inch higher. My PBJs measure 9.5, and the pbjs are notorious for slight fit issues in the upper block. They look fantastic on me, but i'm not sure if i'm feeling the comfort fit long term. If i do decide on skulls, i'll be sure to talk to shinichi regarding going with a size 31 or 32

nice fit!

oo, are those sabakus you have on? niiice

Cheers!

And yeah, they are sabaku's. I'd been eyeing them up online for a little while but didn't order because I usually wear a size uk12 in nike, and could only find up to a uk11 everywhere I looked... however, I managed to try these on in London last week and they actually fit quite big - if you're thinking of getting a pair, maybe consider sizing down or trying them on if you can. I promise I'm not advocating a "sufu fit" for shoes, honestly...