Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Question...

My style is usually a nice sweater with jeans and slim dress boots that i wear comfortably with slim fitting apc ns. i mistakenly bought some samurai 0500xx that don't fit with what i wear so now i'm looking to replace them. i think it's the high-rise of the samurai that don't work .

Anyways, skull's will be tapered and have a low-rise, so will they suit my style like apc ns do? Or does the look of the denim and overall cut matter too? Are skull's considered 'repro'? I'm just kind of against hypebeast style right now (i'm sure most of you are)..

Thanks

Question...

My style is usually a nice sweater with jeans and slim dress boots that i wear comfortably with slim fitting apc ns. i mistakenly bought some samurai 0500xx that don't fit with what i wear so now i'm looking to replace them. i think it's the high-rise of the samurai that don't work .

Anyways, skull's will be tapered and have a low-rise, so will they suit my style like apc ns do? Or does the look of the denim and overall cut matter too? Are skull's considered 'repro'? I'm just kind of against hypebeast style right now (i'm sure most of you are)..

Thanks

This is a pretty stupid question, because you kinda answered it yourself.

You didn't like your Sams because they had a high rise, so obviously the style/cut of the denim does matter. And you also noted that Skulls, like your APC, are tapered/low rise. You like your APCs. Maybe it's a stretch, but you might like Skulls too?

Whether Skulls are considered repro doesn't matter. If you're under the impression that repro = hypebeast, then you are severely misinformed. Hypebeasts wear Samurais. So do average joes looking for a nice pair of denim. Don't let stigmas prevent you from achieving what you want. And if you're so worried about the image that the jeans represent in the first place, sticking with APC wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Repro jeans are noted for their artisanship and their dedication to reconstructing the past. Looks like you don't care about that much, so why even risk "looking like a hypebeast"?

so i'm about to finally get a pair of skull 5010x 6x6 and I just want to make sure I have my size right. I've read more then half the thread and it seems the consensus is to go true waist size on the washed and 1 size down on raw? My waist is a 31 so I was thinking that I'd get a 30 in the raw. I wan't them to fit a bit slouchy and for comparisons sake i wore a 28 in new standards (a couple years ago, they fit pretty tight now) and a 30 in earnest sewn fultons (which fit perfectly). Thanks for the help

edit: I'm also not planning to do a soak or anything and I'm probably going to wait over 6 months to wash the raws

don't size down at all for raw, especially if you want a slouchy fit. 5010 cut has a small upper block.

This is a pretty stupid question, because you kinda answered it yourself.

You didn't like your Sams because they had a high rise, so obviously the style/cut of the denim does matter. And you also noted that Skulls, like your APC, are tapered/low rise. You like your APCs. Maybe it's a stretch, but you might like Skulls too?

Whether Skulls are considered repro doesn't matter. If you're under the impression that repro = hypebeast, then you are severely misinformed. Hypebeasts wear Samurais. So do average joes looking for a nice pair of denim. Don't let stigmas prevent you from achieving what you want. And if you're so worried about the image that the jeans represent in the first place, sticking with APC wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Repro jeans are noted for their artisanship and their dedication to reconstructing the past. Looks like you don't care about that much, so why even risk "looking like a hypebeast"?

Okay fair enough, i should have waited till the morning to phrase my question better. Anyways, I do care about construction, material etc... regret mentioning anything hypebeast. My main question should be simply, do skulls fit just like apc ns but with higher quality denim?

don't size down at all for raw, especially if you want a slouchy fit. 5010 cut has a small upper block.

You think i should go 31 in raw? I just got an email back from Gordon at BiG and he said that a 30 raw would probably fit well. I just dont want these to be skin tight at first like my APC's were and i think im about to order a 30.

You think i should go 31 in raw? I just got an email back from Gordon at BiG and he said that a 30 raw would probably fit well. I just dont want these to be skin tight at first like my APC's were and i think im about to order a 30.

it's your call. i just think you should go true to size if you don't want to risk them being tight. depends on your shape i guess. if you're a smaller dude with narrow hips and small thighs or whatever then you could size down one without much risk. i sized down one on mine, measurements checked out fine and everything, and they were still pretty close to "tight" after a year.

it's your call. i just think you should go true to size if you don't want to risk them being tight. depends on your shape i guess. if you're a smaller dude with narrow hips and small thighs or whatever then you could size down one without much risk. i sized down one on mine, measurements checked out fine and everything, and they were still pretty close to "tight" after a year.

I actually have a bit of thigh and ass unlike most people on this board and because of your pics I think i'm going to get the 31. It seems like these don't stretch too much unless they're tight so I don't think it should make a big difference. Has anyone seen how these look when people stay true to size on the raws, or any oversize for that matter?

edit: Just ordered 31's. Thanks for the help, I'll report back

yep!

I size down my Skull..for leg opening is narrow!!

Now I can't put two top botton.

But I will do it in the future if my skull is stretch out and I can diet.

:)

You should eat a hamburger and get one size up.

I sized down one on my Skulls which were one-wash. Extremely tight at first, especially around the hips but after dipping the top part of the jeans in cold water and immediately wearing them, they stretched to desired size.

Anybody have any idea what would be a nice similar fit to some 5010XX 6X6? I love my pair, but they are torn apart now and it's time for a new pair of jeans.

Any suggestions from anybody?

Was thinking XX-005 but not too sure, seems to be a bit bigger and that might not be what I want.