Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Gem_art: i've tried on the dukes (many more times than is healthy for staving off the temptation to get a pair) as well as the 6x6, and i own the regular 5010XX--i'm in between the 29 and 30 in the dukes, and for a similar fit i would get the 29 in 6x6s. i think you're also quite safe on the thigh side of things.

Just got some new things at Self Edge...

Wallets, Belts, Black Linda, Buttow Downs, T-Shirts, and more...

A few photos can be found here:

http://www.selfedge.com/2007/03/skull-wallets-belts-shirts-and-more.php

Personally i'm very much into the striped tees with the oddly cut panels..

How many buttons can you do up? How much space do you have between the top of the jeans when you try to squeeze in them?

I thought the size I ordered was too small as well. I had 3 inches of space between the button and button hole of my top button when I first wore them, and now they've stretched to where I can put on the jeans with almost no effort.

I can only do up 2 buttons, and barely barely barely to up the top one with no other buttons done up and gives me a muffin top that I have never seen before. I need a post stretch size of around 31" around, which I thought the around 29" waist I thought I was getting (74.5cm) would do well.

Maybe these were miss tagged size 26s?

Yeah I was only expecting around 1 to 1.5 inches across in stretch and I got about 1 inch already. I think the only explaination is that these are mistagged. They had the measurements of a size 25 or 26 when I just got them.

So what are my options? Will Shinichi do a size exchange, if so how much would it cost?

Hah yeah... $200 patch material. Anyways Shinichi said he would do an exchange. I measured it the way he showed me, and it is still smaller than the size on their size charts by 3.5cm.... so I don't know what to belive. If I got what was measured, then it would fit. I know how to buy stuff if the measurements are correct.

I can only do up 2 buttons, and barely barely barely to up the top one with no other buttons done up and gives me a muffin top that I have never seen before. I need a post stretch size of around 31" around, which I thought the around 29" waist I thought I was getting (74.5cm) would do well.

They're probably not miss-tagged, but you may not be measuring the same way they do. If you're measuring with a tape measure straight across the waist you're not going to get the same measurement that Fabfour/Skulls use. I asked Shinichi about this when I ordered mine and he told me all of their waist measurements are circumference, which means a 26 across the waist might actually be a 28 circumference. It's actually more accurate of a method, because there is room on the sides that is never counted when you measure straight across. I know that might not help you now, but if you reorder measure your waist circumference and then pick a size that matches it.

They're probably not miss-tagged, but you may not be measuring the same way they do.

You know what? I just re-read their measurement guide they emailed me and they measure it unbuttoned. This adds around 5.5cm to their measurements... which is around 2inches...

:(

I'm not sure if the Lindas are the same for the 5010xx in terms of stretch (both are 100% cotton right?), but if it's any encouragement, I couldn't even do up the top button my first time wearing it. I say, if you can do the top button, just lie down, do the rest of the buttons and tough it out for a week. That's what I did and now they're pretty comfy.

You know, since you put it at that angle, I only now just realized that it probably is supposed to be the dagger from the 'An Alchemist' logo. Which is actually a lot cooler than a random 'x' on the pocket.

yeah thats what i'm saying, i really like the "dagger" stitch on mine, and i want to believe its meant to be the dagger from the Alchemist logo, but most of the other ones i've seen dont look like that..

You know, since you put it at that angle, I only now just realized that it probably is supposed to be the dagger from the 'An Alchemist' logo. Which is actually a lot cooler than a random 'x' on the pocket.

er, i'm probably going to be offending a lot of people for saying this, but the cross would be cooler upside down! haha.

Allow me to be the second retroactively aborted man for agreeing with the upside-down cross thing-a-ma-bob.

Add that to something that says "skulls" and "alchemist" on it...it's like decking a nun whenever you take a step wearing those.