Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I just gave my brand new 5507xx a soak to get some srinkage/get the starch out.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this with the new California cotton ones, but the texture is pretty awesome. I've handled the old Texas cotton ones, and I'd say these are a little less rough, but they manage to maintain a fairly rough warp, but the weft feels super soft, definitely softer than the old ones, and softer than any of my other denim has been 'out of the box'. I can see these being insanely comfortable jeans as they get broken in. I assume this is part of the advantage of the cotton change.

So, overall, I'd say the cotton/texture of the Cali denim is something to be interested in, not to mention the cut. I have no idea why people would avoid these because they changed the cotton. They know what they're doing, I'm sure the change was because it was better in one way or another.

Exactly what i was thinking, the guys at fabfour arent idiots who will easily change their flagship denim to something worse... I think the new cali denim must have its own advantages.... and how is stiffness related to denim quality?? -it doesnt!

+1 for a pair of the "new" Skulls. The cut on the 5507 is so fucking perfect that I'd continue to buy skulls regardless of the particular type of quality selvage denim that they were made from. It's not like they're using cheap denim and poor construction so that they can move 100x the volume and popularise the brand internationally. Skulls are high quality jeans. Period.

I just gave my brand new 5507xx a soak to get some srinkage/get the starch out.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this with the new California cotton ones, but the texture is pretty awesome. I've handled the old Texas cotton ones, and I'd say these are a little less rough, but they manage to maintain a fairly rough warp, but the weft feels super soft, definitely softer than the old ones, and softer than any of my other denim has been 'out of the box'. I can see these being insanely comfortable jeans as they get broken in. I assume this is part of the advantage of the cotton change.

So, overall, I'd say the cotton/texture of the Cali denim is something to be interested in, not to mention the cut. I have no idea why people would avoid these because they changed the cotton. They know what they're doing, I'm sure the change was because it was better in one way or another.

I've been wearing the new 5010xx after soak and I completely agree with you...amazingly comfortable. Don't want to take them off.

Guest I LOVE LFC

They are slim. But from the sound of your build they will suit you.

I bought a pair of the new type in 34, before a wash they are 35.5, and they were tiny, so it just depends on the type of fit you want.

edit: And I had to send them back, really dissapointed, but they juse wernt for me. Really nice though.

Just got a pair of 5507XX'x delivered this morning. The new cotton feels so luxuriously smooth, just debating whether to keep and soak, they are tts and are a bit smaller than advertised measurements suggest.

Guest I LOVE LFC
Just got a pair of 5507XX'x delivered this morning. The new cotton feels so luxuriously smooth, just debating whether to keep and soak, they are tts and are a bit smaller than advertised measurements suggest.

Did you get them from kiosk?

I wish they stocked w36!!!!!!

Did you get them from kiosk?

I wish they stocked w36!!!!!!

I did indeed. Sent 'em back before, gutted, I wanted them but the hip was already on the bone I dread to think how tight they'd have been after soaking, lovely denim though; I couldn't stop putting my arm in the leg just to feel how warm and soft the weft was.

Why people want to or manage to size down 2 in skull's I do not know!!

I measured them BIG style

RAW 32 Waist

Waist 16.5"

F Rise 10.75"

B Rise 14.25"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9.25"

Leg Opening: 7. 87"

Inseam: 37"

The BiG site says the new 5010XX 6x6 runs slightly larger..can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

I direct you several posts upwards. This is for the 5507xx but it should be the same. Alternatively, my experience was slightly different, I measured my tagged 32 at 16.25" raw at the waist maybe. Hard to say as my tape measure at the time was right on the belt loop, and I tried them on in person so I was already satisfied with the fit. They fit smaller than the old ones (which I had tried on) for sure, I'd say they were pretty true to tagged size raw. Mine measured something a little under 16" after a hot soak with agitation. To reiterate: they seem to fit smaller, or at least closer to tagged size than the old ones in my experience. The new 30 fit like the old 29. Then I decided to size up for the fit that I wanted.

....I measured them BIG style

RAW 32 Waist

Waist 16.5"

F Rise 10.75"

B Rise 14.25"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9.25"

Leg Opening: 7. 87"

Inseam: 37"

Also wanting to see more pictures of the new denim...

As per request. Keep in mind that these were shot using a p&s camera, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to work with. (moving to a different country on Sunday).

P8051448.jpg

Fit pic. These have been hot soaked with agitation once to get the starch out and it shored up the fit nicely. I intentionally sized these up about 1, maybe 1.5 inches, although I see the potential for more shrinkage in the future. Really loving the fit, kind has a 50's feel to it, but slimmed down a bit.

Next up is a couple of attempts at macro shots, I hope its better than nothing. Denim has a nice texture, uneven but still pretty soft. Weft is amazingly soft.

P8051441.jpg

P8051440.jpg

Looking at getting a pair of the 5507xx. I'm a little concerned theyre going to be more snug than I want them to be. Most of the fit pics in this thread are of the 5010xx, anyone have any comparisons between the two?

Also, I was looking at buying them through this site http://www.kiosk78.co.uk/shop/brands/skull-jeans

These seem like theyre well priced. They need to be shipped to Canada. Would you recommend I purchase through the fabfour site instead? Do they even ship international?

Also looking at Self Edge. They got em' for $290 including shipping. Anyone deal with them before? Do they add on tax and/or duty after the fact? Do any of these stores allow returns if the fit is no good?

Looking at getting a pair of the 5507xx. I'm a little concerned theyre going to be more snug than I want them to be. Most of the fit pics in this thread are of the 5010xx, anyone have any comparisons between the two?

Also, I was looking at buying them through this site http://www.kiosk78.co.uk/shop/brands/skull-jeans

These seem like theyre well priced. They need to be shipped to Canada. Would you recommend I purchase through the fabfour site instead? Do they even ship international?

Also looking at Self Edge. They got em' for $290 including shipping. Anyone deal with them before? Do they add on tax and/or duty after the fact? Do any of these stores allow returns if the fit is no good?

Well, you'll probably get them cheaper all things said and done from Kiosk. (remember to deduct 17.5% before shipping charges). I would also recommend Kiosk as their staff has been nothing but helpful and friendly in my experience, also that will likely be a lot easier dealing in english and UK to Canada shipping is definitely lower.