Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 2:26 AM, aho said:

Just throwing this out there but does anyone have any updates on a pair of OA01XXc? Would love to see the fades after all these years

A bit late here, I haven't worn these in quite some time (which is evident from the fold creases).
Not sure why I stopped wearing them honestly.
sFPqv9N.jpeg
wTu8x3y.jpeg
6EqZNmT.jpeg
X4nVNWz.jpeg
VpFLQBx.jpeg

2 hours ago, Broark said:

A bit late here, I haven't worn these in quite some time (which is evident from the fold creases).
Not sure why I stopped wearing them honestly.

Much appreciated! Real beauty that pair...The one I'll always regret not buying!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally getting some wear in on the 03s. Only about 10 wears in so not much fading. Considering hemming again so I don’t have to double cuff after the first wash. 

IMG_2303.jpeg

Can’t speak for chore but I have their type 2 in a 40. It fits me like a mister freedom ranch jacket or sugar cane type 2 in 38. I also have a Freewheelers type 2 in a 38 and the Ooe is similar to that, except it has more room where it counts (in the chest/shoulders). Compared to a diff FW type 2 jacket I have in 40, the Ooe is shorter all around and slightly narrower feeling in the chest and shoulders. 
If I bought an Ooe chore, going off my type 2 sizing, I would either get a 40 for a more tailored fit or maybe even a 42 for something more practical. But I’d look at the measurements first. 

52 minutes ago, srudy said:

I am! What would you like to know?

I'm being super lazy and haven't looked at any old charts but generally, are they Japanese sizing or Western sizing? Looks like a 44 (XXL) is the largest size available anyways so I'd probably get that, but am half expecting it to fit like a US size L (I wear a 44 in Full Count denim jackets for a regular fit, for reference)

@aho nice spot, I like that chore coat. Might also get one, I like the black stitching! I have a couple of them from OA and in response to your question it’s a little bit of both. I have a few in size 44 and the only area that I find a little slim is in the shoulders. Worn open the shoulders don’t feel too small, but buttoned up they’re just a little tighter than I’d like. I find it a little strange how the shoulders can feel tight while the chest isn’t, but somehow that’s how the cut works on my body. 

45 minutes ago, Broark said:

@aho nice spot, I like that chore coat. Might also get one, I like the black stitching! I have a couple of them from OA and in response to your question it’s a little bit of both. I have a few in size 44 and the only area that I find a little slim is in the shoulders. Worn open the shoulders don’t feel too small, but buttoned up they’re just a little tighter than I’d like. I find it a little strange how the shoulders can feel tight while the chest isn’t, but somehow that’s how the cut works on my body. 

Much appreciated @Broark looks like I'm going with the 44! Strange I don't own any other articles of clothing from Ooe than jeans/pants 😅

@aho ooof that jacket looks good!

It looks like the pattern is the same as the Railroad jacket which I have in ecru.  I remember discussing the fit with @Broark and @JohnM at the time.. as @Broark says the shoulders are noticeably slimmer.  @JohnM had contacted Ryo directly about the pattern and Ryo said the following... I'm working on  the basis John's ok with me sharing as it's some useful info direct from the maker himself 👍

"As you feel, this jacket has a unique fit because of vintage cutting A line, Narrow shoulders and wide arm, side seamless, split sleeves. A split sleeve is a set-in sleeve at the front and a raglan sleeve at the back. You may be feeling something wrong with your shoulder fit until you get used to this jacket, it is right, it is an intentional element. In our opinion, your shoulder fitting should be more comfortable little by little as you wear it. Enjoy!! "

What @Broark said @aho 😂

and it looks like they are taking overseas orders, just need to give them your address and they’ll calculate shipping.

aho, I'm a 42 or 44 in most coats -- 44, no doubt, in the Ooe chore coats (denim and ecru).  The cut is unusual (A line from top to bottom) but it's meant to be worn very casually.  The shoulder is rounded, not squared off at all.  Takes some getting used to but a nice design -- different from most others.

If interested in one, email them here with this information…

Thank you.
We have received many inquiries and are communicating by email to prevent problems.

We are sorry, but could you please send us your name, address, and phone number again to this e-mail address?

[email protected]