Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Arcarsenal - I basically pick the #21 fabric based on the shade of the indigo and IMO #21 has just a right amount of irregular warp threads compare to other fabric I was looking at.

As far as sizing, my true waist is about 31.5" and I went with size 33.

OOE's experts..

Any recommendation on fabric selection? I have sample 02, 17, 36, 74 in mind.. but open to suggestion.. I'm looking for a 'heavier' materials in the OOE's selections and darker blue. Thanks.

Nr. 41 is the heaviest to my knowledge and a very nice denim.

^Not sure about Zimbabwe cotton as I don't think Ooe have really openly discussed which factories they are sourcing from (who by extension would source their cotton from various places) although I believe all the factories are Japanese...It's worth a shot asking them! I swear, #43 must be from whoever makes Warehouse's denim as everything lines up...

^Definitely the closest thing to it...If we're talking about the "new" 15th Anniversary denim (and supposedly the new 1001xx denim as well), I wouldn't say they are the exact same as IME the WH 15th denim has a bit more nep and hairiness to it. But most definitely the same factory...It's no wonder the #43 denim is my favorite...;)

do they use any denim made from zimbabwe cotton?

they do not, asked them for it once, long time ago...

all their denim is made with American cotton they replied

#43 is on my list also, definitely still want a pair in #43 denim in the future

this came in the mail today btw:

S1203XX and 8 denim coasters

IMG_1198.jpg

great to see a new purchase from you Timmy!

make sure to post some fit pics and evo pics of your other pairs!

thanks mate, fit pic will be for later, when I soaked the new pair, as for evo, that's gonna take a while, I'm a slow fader, even more these days since I'm a weekend warrior and switch to shorts easily when it gets a little hot...

btw, it might not seem like it, but I've made quite a few purchases this year, 2 pairs of MF californians (since I like em that much), momo 1005sp's, a pair of MF pantalon apache and now these, time for a rest again it seems. :D

You can pick every single detail! Pocket bags, rivets, buttons, thread, i think there are three choices of leather patches.... goat, deer and calf.

As far as pricing, my 3201 with custom buttons, et al. cost 25,620 yen + 2000 for shipping. This was as of 6/18/10.

So not the cheapest by a long shot, but as we know, the quality and customization options are outstanding. You know you want to do it!

You can pick every single detail! Pocket bags, rivets, buttons, thread, i think there are three choices of leather patches.... goat, deer and calf.

As far as pricing, my 3201 with custom buttons, et al. cost 25,620 yen + 2000 for shipping. This was as of 6/18/10.

So not the cheapest by a long shot, but as we know, the quality and customization options are outstanding. You know you want to do it!

leather patches are goat or calf these days, deer is no longer available.

my S1203XX cost me 26250 yen and that is with custom buttons and thread, price varies depending on your custom choices, some things can be changed without an extra cost, others do cost extra. (donut laurel buttons for instance)

okay, some advice needed. im looking for a denim that fades 'dirty' and does not get the electric blue sheen. in specific id like it to fade similarly as Warehouse denim. why not get a pair of warehouse then? im looking for a slimmer cut and already own three pairs of WH (not that u can ever own too many) what i have in mind is the 01 cut with the 03 details (so basically a 60's cut with WWII details). denim would have to be dark and mid weight (14-15oz) Any suggestions?

also will they sew levis arcs when you ask them?

Take a look at the #17 denim, I posted it a few pages back. It is already pretty "dirty", as the white weft seems to be either non-bleached or made dirty by purpose. Have not seen a faded pair, though, but maybe you would like it. (LHT, though)

Edit: here: http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6466/sany0283.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/545/sany0284.jpg (very big, so just the links)

I know that the #32 and #44 use brown weft to make the fades a bit darker over time. My 32s aren't too faded yet but you can see some light brown hues in the right light. I had asked them for a fabric that would hold on to the indigo and stay darker and they pointed me in that direction.

My brother has a pair in 44 and I've got a phone case in that denim and its definitely got a brown cast to it. That's also a broken twill fabric. There might be some other fabrics with brown or offcolored weft, shoot Ryo and Hiro an email and ask em.

Oh and regarding warehouse like denim, I had asked them for samples similar to 1000xx a while back and they sent me #s 12, 41, 43, 84 and 92. So Aho, you're on the right page!

okay, some advice needed. im looking for a denim that fades 'dirty' and does not get the electric blue sheen. in specific id like it to fade similarly as Warehouse denim. why not get a pair of warehouse then? im looking for a slimmer cut and already own three pairs of WH (not that u can ever own too many) what i have in mind is the 01 cut with the 03 details (so basically a 60's cut with WWII details). denim would have to be dark and mid weight (14-15oz) Any suggestions?

also will they sew levis arcs when you ask them?

60's cut is 02 model christophe, 01 is a 47-50's cut, maybe consider #35 denim, that's the one we used for the worldtour, brown weft, pretty dark, nice denim imho.

#43 has gold/orange selvedge and isn't that dark, more blue, #21 was purple selvedge, I own a pair in that denim too.

Oh and regarding warehouse like denim, I had asked them for samples similar to 1000xx a while back and they sent me #s 12, 41, 43, 84 and 92. So Aho, you're on the right page!

I would add #91 to that list, very nice denim, unfortunately sold out...

would have been my choice for a future pair, now it's #43 as they are pretty similar...

I have a pile of samples by now btw ;)