Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

I would definitely be interested in either the straight or slim cut. For me, the deciding factor is the waist to leg opening ratio...damned tiny feet.

Herringbone pics!! Shown with White's Semi Dress in Distressed Roughout.

These are our StovePipe fit, and are the baggiest of the bunch, with a buckleback. The classic is just a hair slimmer in the leg, higher in rise, and without a bucklback. Measurements to follow, still accumulating them from the actual patterns.

IMG_0328-1.jpg

IMG_0327-1.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Our new exclsive Cone Denim. White Oak Green Selvage, in celebration of the 100 year anniversary of the Cone White Oak plant. Teaser shot...

IMG_0117.jpg

I was wondering when you were going to make a pair of denim with these. I choked a little on all the drool that started to accumulate. I'd be interested in the straight cut. Prices?

Herringbone pics!! Shown with White's Semi Dress in Distressed Roughout.

These are our StovePipe fit, and are the baggiest of the bunch, with a buckleback. The classic is just a hair slimmer in the leg, higher in rise, and without a bucklback. Measurements to follow, still accumulating them from the actual patterns.

IMG_0328-1.jpg

Is this pretty representative of the color? Or is it just the lighting? I guess I was expecting more blue...

you're right on this, herringbone pants (correct me if i'm wrong), are not too minimalist/classic and seem like more of a trend of the moment/accent piece. you wont be wearing these pants ALL the time, but sometimes, you gotta change it up outta blue/black jeans. sides, if you think you look good in it and feel confident in it, that's all that really matters.

Its always good to have an option in my/your workwear clothing. I don't always like wearing the same jeans to work everyday. That and I get kinda worried that somebody is noticing that I am doing this. So its good to switch it up. It may not be a piece that you'll end up wearing everyday, but it is a very nice piece that you'll end up owning.

you're right on this, herringbone pants (correct me if i'm wrong), are not too minimalist/classic and seem like more of a trend of the moment/accent piece. you wont be wearing these pants ALL the time, but sometimes, you gotta change it up outta blue/black jeans. sides, if you think you look good in it and feel confident in it, that's all that really matters.

Herringbone pants are not a new thing. Didn't railroad workers only wear that? And they're pretty minimalist/classic to me or at least for the last 150 years or so...

To each their own. Herringbone twill, while is it a specific look, and perhaps not an everyday pant, is far from a trendy, new innovation.

HBT's history goes back to the 1910's as a workwear fabric, and at the time was known more popularly as fisher stripe. HBT was also later used for military applications for the marines and navy as utility wear.

They make a great work pant, along with Hickory stripe, because the weave naturally hides a lot of soiling, which was the origional concept.

To each their own. Herringbone twill, while is it a specific look, and perhaps not an everyday pant, is far from a trendy, new innovation.

HBT's history goes back to the 1910's as a workwear fabric, and at the time was known more popularly as fisher stripe. HBT was also later used for military applications for the marines and navy as utility wear.

They make a great work pant, along with Hickory stripe, because the weave naturally hides a lot of soiling, which was the origional concept.

Great bit of knowledge to post, ive been hankering for HB weave for ages, bill could you please post details, prices etc EDIT sorry, if im asking dumb questions ive only just started looking at this thread, skimming through the pages.. wow, Stronghold has really refreshed my love for denim and amerkaji styles. Do you have a website?? Where can I see more??

Does anyone do indigo, maybe selvedge herringbone jeans.... I got rid of my cloak herringbones, they felt naff.

Great bit of knowledge to post, ive been hankering for HB weave for ages, bill could you please post details, prices etc EDIT sorry, if im asking dumb questions ive only just started looking at this thread, skimming through the pages.. wow, Stronghold has really refreshed my love for denim and amerkaji styles. Do you have a website?? Where can I see more??

Does anyone do indigo, maybe selvedge herringbone jeans.... I got rid of my cloak herringbones, they felt naff.

No website yet, looking for webdesigners now actually!

And our herringbone jeans are both Indigo and Selvage!! Take a look at the closeup pics of the hems/boots. Solid Yellow ticker

naw, i kinda knew that herringbone was classic, it's just weird to see these prints/weaves totally be back in fashion (herringbone, houndstooth, prince of wales) even thought they have been around for decades. I mean, let's be realistic, houndstooth is being whored out right now even it's been around for ages and nobody wears seersucker, even though it was really big a while back. materials/prints make their cycles through fashion all the time. i mean, i have a herringbone new era cap.

Pics of my Stronghold Slims. Fit pics to come.

2005301736418484987_rs.jpg

2005316621222655137_rs.jpg

2004058638466391325_rs.jpg

2005340632299653933_rs.jpg

2005362582460875753_rs.jpg

2005372168678383265_rs.jpg

2005376981569184420_rs.jpg

2005394349014286395_rs.jpg

This is pretty much the only wear on these besides a little falling on the combs. It's from the tube of Burt's Bees I keep in all of my coin pockets.

2001489564226040557_rs.jpg

2001430523220330736_rs.jpg

need to get them hemmed and to wear them a little harder so they mold to me a bit. They are a size 32 and I'm a pretty true 34.

Happy, they are buttoned up completely. When I gave them their first wash to shrink them down the front fly flap got wrinkled. It exposes that button, but I haven't bothered to try to iron the flap into place.

I would like to be able to wear them without the cuff occasionally, but the inseam is way too long to do that right now. They are perpetually double-cuffed. I need 2.5-3 inches taken off.

Happy, they are buttoned up completely. When I gave them their first wash to shrink them down the front fly flap got wrinkled. It exposes that button, but I haven't bothered to try to iron the flap into place.

I would like to be able to wear them without the cuff occasionally, but the inseam is way too long to do that right now. They are perpetually double-cuffed. I need 2.5-3 inches taken off.

We're happy to hem those for you, if you're ever in the area, or want to send them in! We can add suspender buttons too if you like. No charge for either, and they'll be hemmed by the same person who made them!

Its amazing how the Von Dutch story has become an example of what how to kill a brand.... Even Michael Cassel, the gentleman who started the brand, speaks openly about it.

When he started the brand, it was actually pretty cool. The first seasons were selvage denim, and other workwear with Von Dutch's actual pinstripe/hotrod art. It wasn't until a certain other gentleman, who is now famous for a tattoo inspired brand, took control of the brand that it was marketed to death, and to all the wrong people....trucker hat suicide.

Hi Guys,

I Found Stronghold on Contextclothing.com. I realy want to own a pair but where can I buy them in Europ (Amsterdam, Antwerpen)????

Is there a stronghold site coming??

Where can I get more good info about stronghold???

Thanks alot Guys

I'd be happy to get you into a pair! Right now we have distribution in Germany, but not in your immediate area. Email me at [email protected] and we'll get you fitted up, and a pair out to you! Thanks for your interest in Stronghold

-B