Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Bill,

Dunno if you saw the thread about the visit to Samurai in Osaka. In the group shot of the Samurai guys, the fellow in the middle is wearing a light colored denim work jacket that looks pretty classic in design. My first thought was that a version of this in the Stronghold herringbone denim would be VERY nice. Do you do such work coats/jackets?

The photo I'm referring to is here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=40823

for some reason i thought that stronghold were more expensive, im not saying that they are cheap by any means but i was expecting mid 300, and not 280. oh well, as i said before, eventually.

Some close up shots of our 17oz. Super Slubby, Natural Indigo fabric. This fabric is availible for custom made jeans only at the moment. Our custom tailor just delivered my custom straight legs.....I can't imagine needing another pair of jeans, ever.

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

some oni shoai stuff right there except oni's were 19oz.

Definitely. Our stuff is very close to both the KMW AWA stuff, and the PBJ AI's

At the moment, only Ben Harper and myself have these. God I love my job.

Chicken: Enjoy those boots! When you find somebody who'll do the vibram 705's, you better share the knowledge!

Been to the store, you guys will love it. Down the street is Waraku, they carry Studio D'Artisan and some very cool unique Japanese sneakers. Incidently, I went in to Stronghold on a Saturday afternoon and two women who I think might have been the sales clerks were sporting some well cut selvage. I thought it was cool.

Bill,

In your fit pics of your new straight leg denim: Strange question here.... That circular clothes rack behind you, Can you tell me the origins of it? Was it originally a shop display rack? I assume that is what you have it as now.

The reason I ask is because I picked up something very similar (but with more hooks) at an antiques auction and wondered what its original use might be.

Bill,

In your fit pics of your new straight leg denim: Strange question here.... That circular clothes rack behind you, Can you tell me the origins of it? Was it originally a shop display rack? I assume that is what you have it as now.

The reason I ask is because I picked up something very similar (but with more hooks) at an antiques auction and wondered what its original use might be.

Yup. definitely would have been a shop rack. Both the top and base are pretty ornate.

And about Michaels Boots: Yes they are Fryes, but no harnesses on those. Same basic shape, but without the harness; better for slimmer jeans. They call the model Calvalry, still makin 'em