Raw for Women

Becks23

I just saw naked and famous, these ones, http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3961&category_id=75&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28 they look really hot. Has anyone got them? From the measurements there it looks like they run a whole 2 sizes big... Is that true?

I just saw naked and famous, these ones, http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3961&category_id=75&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28 they look really hot. Has anyone got them? From the measurements there it looks like they run a whole 2 sizes big... Is that true?

I would likely say that its true they run 2 sizes big, as N&F all seem to run about 2 sizes bigger. So, based on nothing else, I would generally go on the assumption that they are 2 sizes big just because they are from N&F, and their sizing does seem to be relatively consistent.

I'm not a huge fan of their sizing it looks like it'd fit sloppy :(

The waist is HUGEE!!!! :(!?

The 'waist' sizing vs tag sizing is based on where the rise of the jeans falls. I've seen the jeans in person, and although the rise measures moderately high (for low rise womens jeans), when worn, somehow it manages to end up as though it were much lower (this doesn't look weird or anything, I just mean that due to the cut, the practical rise seems much lower than it measures). So, the actual waist fits where the jeans fall on the hips, but these are cut fairly curve heavy. I do have to say though, the size chart looks kind of whack, the difference between tagged and actual seemed much smaller when I saw them in Barney's.

Referring to Naked and Famous talk... I'm not a big fan of their denim. Poor construction is all I've heard from friends and enthusiasts.

what is recomended for a shorter girl with thin legs but a big booty?

Thank you, unfortunately they almost sold out. Just some small ones left. I ordered the SEXSC06 instead. I like the 50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend. will see what does the cut go.:)

try denimbar. the sexcs06 is more of a straight cut i think because of the bigger hem. do post fit pics when you get them :D!

Guest devil.beside.you
I'm not a huge fan of their sizing it looks like it'd fit sloppy :(

The waist is HUGEE!!!! :(!?

...well since I've bought my gf two pairs of naked n famous I feel I should comment here.. Naked and Famous isn't hardcore selvedge at all, but that being said it is an excellent jean. If you have a very feminine body, then you will defenitely love it. My first pair was the one with 30% silk in it - it has a unique silvery blue sheen that I have NEVER seen anywhere else..it hugs her waist. It is meant for the type of girl that has a generally slender profile, but with wider hips ie) the whole hourglass figure thing. The denim looks very very silky and smooth, but the quality in the details is superb. I've monitored closely the construction as well - I live in vancouver and a few boutiques stock it. Construction for the men's jeans is acceptable, but not the best. I don't have much experience with women's jeans but I can say that my gf has had the silk pair for a year now, and there have been no problems at all and she wore them everyday for a 6 month rotation.

Now: I bought her a pair of dark indigo naked n famous about two months ago (they were just recently released for the first time). The construction is noticeably better than the first pair - I'm goin to attribute this to experience with the first run. The denim still has that wonderful shape to it, and looks great in heels. It also has a vertical texture to it, and all her girlfriends are mad jealous.

I do a lot of research into denim, and I looked at several models before i purchased these two. i chose them over flatheads and the geishas simply because they LOOK better, and they are a fraction of the price. I'll give construction to the sammies, and the arcs on the balders are fantastic, but the overall general appearance is unquestionably better in the N&F. The silhoutte is much slimmer in general, compared to the boxy frames of both the balders and geishas. In terms of wearing mens jeans like diors and apcs or nudies...don't. i feel that this thread doesn't get enough male opinion, but when you wear those models it really looks like you're wearing those models. IMO girls have a very curvy silhoutte which is sexy, and you should wear jeans that cater to it no?

N&F combines excellent form (one that caters to the feminine body) decent construction, unique colors, and most importantly..AN UNBEATABLE PRICE....This is coming from a person who has had a lot of experience with the brand. I have a pair of ironheart 634s which i've worn for 8 months now, and my next pair will be the N&F 21oz selv.

Cheers!!

Can you handle them in person? The 12 oz is pretty flimsy, and run about 1 size too big.

Edwin? Pictures please...

APC? get them online~

OMGZ I got home from work and my Edwin Miss Sen had arrived...they're too big! SADFACE! need to organise to get a 27 instead of 28s and send them half way around the world again. MASSIVE SADFACE. They're beautiful though - quality is awesome but lighter-weight denim (11oz) than my wesc's, I'd prolly prefer an oz or two heavier but thats ok.

edwin010.jpg

Mister Freedom Chambray shirts in womens' size.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

What do you think?

I wasn't totally impressed with the indigo chambray. I guess I have high expectations for MF cos they almost always impress. They ivory, however, looove the detail. the rich indigo against the ivory is beautiful--love love love

Also, I am crazy about the shore shorts. I think it would be a struggle for me to keep them on though. Who knows, could pull it off with a belt perhaps. Oversized, for sure..

OMGZ I got home from work and my Edwin Miss Sen had arrived...they're too big! SADFACE! need to organise to get a 27 instead of 28s and send them half way around the world again. MASSIVE SADFACE. They're beautiful though - quality is awesome but lighter-weight denim (11oz) than my wesc's, I'd prolly prefer an oz or two heavier but thats ok.

edwin010.jpg

Do post pictures when you get the jeans ~:)

shore shorts! Yes! I like them but don't think that I could pull them off. The fabric seems to be the same one as used in the short jacket that I have and love. It is lighter and more breathable than the SE western shirt. Get them and show us pictures ~~~~~

do you mind posting fit pic of your shore jacket?

I know i'm not a woman, but those shore shorts are amazing.

I got a pair for myself. :)

Maaaan I just don't want to drop 300 if I'm going to look goofy. By the time I can get out to San Fran, they'll be gone.

Calling all retailers of Japanese denim and other luxury items....set up shop in Chicago......please