Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

just got another pair of S710XX from 2nd, they're Lot 11 and the waist fits me perfect. but the legs looks and feels a little baggy even after a hot soak. i soak them in my tub with the hottest available water i could get from the bath tub for about 2 hours. maybe the water got cold after 1 hour. maybe this barely affect the shrinkage? and because of the major stackage, it looks baggy? ( I'm 5'8'')

just got another pair of S710XX from 2nd, they're Lot 11 and the waist fits me perfect. but the legs looks and feels a little baggy even after a hot soak. i soak them in my tub with the hottest available water i could get from the bath tub for about 2 hours. maybe the water got cold after 1 hour. maybe this barely affect the shrinkage? and because of the major stackage, it looks baggy? ( I'm 5'8'')

cuff or hem them.

Question about soaking and shrinkage: If I don't get all the shrinkage out in the initial soak/wash will the denim shrink more with each additional soak/wash until they have reached their limit, even if I'm doing luke warm or cold washes?

this should help you taken from the denime thread salaami's advice

"i can't wait to get these jeans. when i get them the plan is to pour boiling water over them to kill all the little monsters, then hot soak them bitches, then give em a hot hand-wash with a lil' bronners. i want all the starch out off the bat. then i'll turn machine-dry them inside out(high-heat) until they are almost dry, then iron them inside out until completely dry. after all that they should be shrunk as much as possible. the ironing will steam shrink the denim, make it more crisp(for however long that will last), and get all the dryer wrinkles out. i like to iron raws after the initial soak(s) so that all the creases are from me all the way. so by the time i finish ironing they will be just like raw, but shrunk...i've got it down to a science. they will never touch an iron after that."

If I don't get all the shrinkage out in the initial soak/wash

Nate, pretty sure apples was referring to this, in your "if" statement. If you don't get all the initial shrinkage out, then it would only be obvious that it would shrink with future/soaks washes until they reach their limit.

thanks. again, it did not seem like a given to me. i thought the denim might only reach max shrinkage if you use something like the Salami method. I want the rise on my forthcoming s710 to stay as high as possible. I'm 6'4, and any lower than 10.75 is uncomfortable. Fucking hard to find a slim fit without a treacherous rise.

Ha! I love that! I did the same thing, but I wash warm inside out no soap, dry normal to shrink those bad boys, then soak them cold just to re-wet them so they stiffen up again after the drier, then iron inside out wet to flatten, then put them on to set some creases a bit and shape them while damp, then pull them off and hang to dry.

THEN I wear them and usu dont wash for 6 months to a year, depending. Always great results.

thanks. again, it did not seem like a given to me. i thought the denim might only reach max shrinkage if you use something like the Salami method. I want the rise on my forthcoming s710 to stay as high as possible. I'm 6'4, and any lower than 10.75 is uncomfortable. Fucking hard to find a slim fit without a treacherous rise.

why don't you soak just below the crotch?? keep the rise as is