Knee 10

Leg Opening 9.25

Inseam 35.25

Samurai website washed measurements:

Waist 17.9" - 18.5" Across

Upper Thigh 12.8 - 13.2

Leg Opening 9.4 - 9.8

Inseam 35 - 35.8

I'm really surprised that the waist didn't shrink. Opps. I usually wear a 34, so a little bigger than I hoped.

why did you size up 2 from your regular size?

The store that sold them to me said the waist was 87cm (34.25"). The only way I could come up with that number is if I measured the inside of the waist. I had also read that they shrink from tag size. This should have been the right fit.

it's probably been asked before, but what is the slimmest fitting samurai model? I've always loved the way they fade and am currently rocking SExI04s (size 27) and was looking for something not too much baggier than those. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I would say between S710xx and S0505

This is the translation from Samurai website about 505:

"

Planning the second Samurai jeans 2009 jeans

Slender models appeared S0505XXI zipper!

Appeared after a long zipper model!

15oz manly spirit familiar buttons and sunrise, a unique version of this model and patch-only FURASSHA universal fastener.

S710XX19oz silhouette is rather shallow and slightly modified based on the rise.

穿KI model is very easy!"

So the 505 has zipper and it is modified from 710

FFF keep in mind the leg opening isn't going to be the same. are you going to get them altered? i'm curious cause the SSK and the SEXI04 are really slim cuts, it'd be a change up from your usual stuff

this is true

the 710 is a slim cut in samurais terms, especially when you compare them to the other cuts they make. but if your looking for a true slim fitting pair of denim i would say go with flathead 1001's

i wasnt able to size down with the 710 ( i wear a 28) but if you are maybe sizing down 1 and getting them altered you will get the fit your looking for

Took some quick pictures of my S5000 BK. They're about a year and a half old, but with about 12 months of evening / weekend wear.

More to follow in a day or two.

s5000bk032909web002.jpg

s5000bk032909web004.jpg

s5000bk032909web001.jpg

Can't decide if I should taper my x5000 before or after a wash. I wanna taper them because I'm a slim guy but the hip flare is really making it awkward with the fit. It's already been through an initial soak and an initial wash.

Would it fuck up the fading patterns if I taper them now? Currently not the dream fit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's been close to 3 months of wear.

do the 710s stretch a lot?

Mine did :rolleyes:

samurai s710xx 32 lot 10

waist 16.5 / 17 / 18 / 16

front rise 11.5 / 11.25 / 11 / 11

rear rise 15 / 14.5 / 15 / 14.5

thigh 12.5 / 11.5 / 12.25 / 11.25

inseam 38.5 / 37 / 36.5 / 36.5

knee 9 / 9 / 8.75 / 8.75

hem 8 / 7.75 / 7.75 / 7.5

pre soak / post soak / 6 months / 1 year wash then sold

If it's already been through a soak and a wash I'd venture that the shrinkage is mostly out of the way. Sounds like these are pretty new, so you don't really have any fades yet right? A taper will obviously change where some of the creases occur but I'd do it in a minute rather than try and go year(s) with a less than optimal fit.

If you just have creases and no real fading just get them tapered you'll be fine.

Just wondering if there was a concise verdict on how much the 21oz denim stretched in comparison to 17oz? Would it be safe to say that the 24oz would be even less?

I may be mistaken but didn't a bunch of people say the 21oz vx denim stretched a lot?

^we're talking about fabric, not metal. (tho the 24oz will prolly end up feeling like chain mail armor) so yes, with enough tension there will be a reasonable amount of stretching with wear like any other flexible thing you own.

for what it's worth, i never size down. waist band comfort is very important to me. :)