Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently made a purchase on a pair of Naked and Famous Black x Grey Stretch Selvedge Super Skinny Guys. The jeans look great and the length is perfect for my desired look. Based off of the description Tate and Yoko provided I should witness similar fading as a non-stretch selvedge. Anyone have some photos of their stretch selvedges? 

1.jpg?shared_name=8x797avnrfa7z4nlgakdcr1.jpg?shared_name=so85py6jlt8lnik5htc3dc1.jpg?shared_name=4mfdvx4vxspvsusvz3hgl5

Edited by thebarry1011

Can anyone comment on the fit of NF vs that of Unbranded?  I am considering a weird guy elephant 5 pre-order and wondering how it fits compared to the tapered cut from UB.  Thanks!

Also, are the vanity sized like UB?

Edited by Kushy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just picked up a Naked & Famous/Burgus Plus colab. I am a huge fan of Naked & Famous and always try to pick up most of the colabs they do. Never heard of Burgus Plus before and after receiving the denim I am quite impressed with them. I've only worn them a couple days but they fit great and look even better.

Highlights for me;

As I always pair all my denim with the N&F thick belt pockets that are located high on jeans are hard to get into. This colab has the pockets located a little lower and even with a thick belt access is easy.

- Pocket bags seem thicker than most other denim and have a slight pinkish hue to them which is a cool detail.

- My inseam is a true 34" so finding inseams that are longer than this can sometimes be a challenge, especially when they are unsanforized. This pair has a 36.25" inseam which gives me room to spare if I want to stack or cuff.

-Alternating coloured threading between gold and orange, minor detail, but a cool one

-The vertical side of the back patch are not sewn in, thus allowing you to run the belt between the denim and the backside of the patch thus allowing you the option of showing off the N&F/Burgus Plus "boobies" patch. (I always try and show off my boobies when wearing N&F.) 

Here is a picture I took this morning out at the cabin. Didn't take a ton of fit photos since it was like -25C today. Little chilly to fussing with camera.

Cheers everyone!

">http://25055294249_05888d4ebb_z.jpg

Just picked up a Naked & Famous/Burgus Plus colab. I am a huge fan of Naked & Famous and always try to pick up most of the colabs they do. Never heard of Burgus Plus before and after receiving the denim I am quite impressed with them. I've only worn them a couple days but they fit great and look even better.

Highlights for me;

- As I always pair all my denim with the N&F thick belt pockets that are located high on jeans are hard to get into. This colab has the pockets located a little lower and even with a thick belt access is easy.

- Pocket bags seem thicker than most other denim and have a slight pinkish hue to them which is a cool detail.

- My inseam is a true 34" so finding inseams that are longer than this can sometimes be a challenge, especially when they are unsanforized. This pair has a 36.25" inseam which gives me room to spare if I want to stack or cuff.

-Alternating coloured threading between gold and orange, minor detail, but a cool one

-The vertical side of the back patch are not sewn in, thus allowing you to run the belt between the denim and the backside of the patch thus allowing you the option of showing off the N&F/Burgus Plus "boobies" patch. (I always try and show off my boobies when wearing N&F.)

Here is a picture I took this morning out at the cabin. Didn't take a ton of fit photos since it was like -25C today. Little chilly to fussing with camera.

Cheers everyone!

">http://25055294249_05888d4ebb_z.jpg

How did you size compared to your weird guy size?

Wore the same size as I normally wear, which is 32 or 33. I took a pair of denim that fits well and compared it to the sizing of the N&F/BP pair and they match pretty closely. I normally don't pre-soak, so didn't take the shrinkage into account.  Talk to the guys at Tate and Yoko and they can help you with the sizing if you are interested.

i'm currently breaking in my pair of LHT's and i'm loving how streaky the denim is becoming. I don't consider myself a huge N&F fan but I do think for entry level raw denim they're a great company to start with. their strengths are that they use Japanese denim and they have a broad range of appeal to most denim enthusiasts, especially since they offer sanforized and unsanforized. the only thing I dislike about them is all the gimmicky stuff they do. really bummed they didn't offer the Year of the Monkey jeans in the weird guy cut, otherwise I would've grabbed a pair

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep coming back to N&F. I wish I was into raw denim 4 or 5 yrs ago. I'm always coming across old models that look pretty darned cool, like the colored weft denim and the sashiko denim they put out awhile ago. I know some of you don't like N&F but these guys know their stuff and put out some amazing jeans imo. always looking forward to seeing what they come up with next

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've had 4 pairs of N and F

11oz super slub

glow in the dark

cashmere stretch

rich blue stretch

but to be honest, they've all fallen apart in a few months and although the fit was good and they weren't expensive, I'd rather have non gimmicky jeans!

On 02/12/2016 at 2:40 PM, indigoeagle said:

Does anyone know, where I can find a Oni collab pair in 34?

I have a NWT pair in 33 (see my sig.), but it's too small unfortunately.

I have a (slightly) worn pair in 34 that I'd like to swap for a size down if that's any use?

Cottonskinblues: What a wonderfully faded N&F jeans seen here!! 

Those pants deserves an eternal life for sure!!!!

They're still looking quite wearable

Would love to see them in real some day

• 1 month later...

I keep seeing pics of new N&F rusted's, but I have yet to see a fade pic.  Anyone have one?

PS.  If you are thinner than me, 6pm has one pair left, size 28, priced at $45.

Also, I remember being put off by the bright copper flecks in a pair of N&Fs from last year, but I am curious to see how the jeans look once the shine goes away.  Was anyone braver than me?

On 5/20/2017 at 8:32 AM, babydials said:

I keep seeing pics of new N&F rusted's, but I have yet to see a fade pic.  Anyone have one?

do a google search for the jade selvedge that came out a couple years ago -- they're essentially the same as the rusted blue selvedge.

Very tempted to pick up my 5th pair of N and F but have ordered a bunch of other things, and not sure whether Skinny Girl is such a good fit as Leggy girl was-I have very long legs!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm moving (ugh) and came across my old "Greencast" weird guys purchased June 2012 and until sometime in 2014. They started off a lighter shade than typical denim which resulted in a pretty nice vintage fade with frequent washing.  N&F has introduced similar if not identical fabrics under different names since then. These are soft as butter but completely falling apart by now. 

20170625_205446.jpg

20170625_205407.jpg

20170625_205304.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Does anybody have pictures of N&F Easy Guy Jeans? I am planning to pickup my first pair of Raw/Selvedge jeans and tilting towards N&F Easy Guys as it seems to meet my requirements (Japanese Selvedge Denim+High Rise+Tapered Fit).

How does N&F compare to some other brands here that people seem to like - Sugarcane, orSlow, Edwin etc?

4 minutes ago, i_denim said:

Hi,

Does anybody have pictures of N&F Easy Guy Jeans? I am planning to pickup my first pair of Raw/Selvedge jeans and tilting towards N&F Easy Guys as it seems to meet my requirements (Japanese Selvedge Denim+High Rise+Tapered Fit).

How does N&F compare to some other brands here that people seem to like - Sugarcane, orSlow, Edwin etc?

N&F are solid for their price. a pair of normal indigo denim will fade just as good as any other. my first few pairs were N&F but i'm not longer a fan. in terms of standard 5-pocket indigo denim they don't offer anything outstanding. i prefer japanese brands due to their hardware and generally skinnier selvage lines.  Japan Blue, Pure Blue Japan, are some brands i would chose over N&F, although i've never actually tried PBJ. moral of the story N&F good value, wACkY DEniM, fat selvage, easily accessible in person in NA, less than nice hardware(subjective). 

N&F always make unorthodox and interesting fabrics such as the upcoming puzzle weave and king of slub, it’s worth buying if you like them even though they don’t have construction details like “hidden rivets, narrow selvedge seam, chain stitch inseam”. Personally I like a classic indigo warp and white weft jeans so  I prefer to buy them from Japanese brands which come with the aforementioned details 

Edited by keybladehero