australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i was under the impression that one shouldnt grind beans until you use them because they lose flavour 20 minutes after being ground up, and that the fridge and freezer are the quickest ways to kill flavour?

my nutcase fanatic friend says best to leave it in an airtight/vacuum container in a cool (but not fridge cool) dark place.

yeah i heard this aswell

also don't you want to get a coarse grind so that the sediment doesnt clog the filter etc?

yeah i was already looking at a bodum french press off amazon, so ill just head that way. dontr eally like buying it online though, anywhere in melbourne to buy?

Hey guys, any suggestions for shops that sell good dress shoes at decent prices? Formal's coming up :\

Define "decent prices". I need a price range to work within here. Also are you renting a suit or what? If it's for like high school or something you could even just get some cheap chelsea boots for $40 from Betts or ZU and nobody will know the difference.

My 2 cents for the coffee debate, i really don't go into the city a whole lot but out near caulfield (where i go to uni) Shango make a really nice coffee, also on chapel st, amici and lady marmalade both make excellent coffee's as well but as with all great coffee sometimes its a bit hit and miss.....

at home we use Red Hill coffee beans, i try and crush then fresh, and we just have a drip brew machine which i guess for the coffee connoisseur probably is ideal but personally its easy and quick to use and it makes pretty nice coffee

I say go for it, worst comes to worse resell it at the same price you bought it.

I have a HBlack colourway TOJ0. Really nice jacket, construction is flawless, and if I ever had to sell it I am sure it would be bought within an hour.

looks good man, does the contrast stitching look obvious on the outside? i actually love the off-black (like a dark dark turquoise) colour of overdyeing stuff black over a pure black shade

the seams arn't too noticeable, but the button holes are a little. it's one of those things where you think everyone will notice it but in reality will brush right through.

just got back from my first 'proper' melbourne visit in years...had a great time although i had a cold for all of it. only store i wanted to visit and didn't manage to was eastern market. saw some incredible ann d (I think? didn't check) boots in assin but was predictably way out of my price range. the friend i was staying with lives on drummond in carlton so it was super easy to get into the cbd. i drank more coffee in my 4 day stay than i have in my 23yrs of living i think haha. great city.

Fuckfuckfuck. Need a free proxy service from Japan... Just found a nice LUC shirt for a 'reasonable' price (22k yen)... but I just ordered a julius pants through hide-san which already set me back quite a lot... almost 125% the listing price with shipping and fees :-\\

edit... on the other hand... maybe the back is a little overdone...

Fuckfuckfuck. Need a free proxy service from Japan... Just found a nice LUC shirt for a 'reasonable' price (22k yen)... but I just ordered a julius pants through hide-san which already set me back quite a lot... almost 125% the listing price with shipping and fees :-\\

edit... on the other hand... maybe the back is a little overdone...

25% over the list price sounds insanely high... the only way I'd imagine you'd get that kind of amount is if the auction price was really low or if a consignment store listed the item and has some sort of % tax upon sale as well...

the shirt looks nice but the arms look kinda big dude... might wanna reconsider unless the measurements are OK...

The bulk of that extra fee would of been from shipping, which is the real villain when using a proxy. I swear by Hide but maybe try SutoCorp if they can get you cheaper shipping.

I've always been incredibly fascinated by LUC design wise but I found their fits rather unflattering online. Still waiting for the chance to get my hands on it irl before I kop any of it.

To be honest, I wouldn't feel flattered at all if I only saw it online... :P Truely need to handle to appreciate.

notsick - well, I am not from DK but GER cant send payment as a gift either...

Was at Zara today (you guys know that? spanish low-budget brand) and got my first drop crotch pants for a steal price. Cotton / Linen blend. Great for summer. Gotta have it slimmed down a lot though. Shouldn't be a problem (regarding the fabric etc), no?

hey guys anyone have any idea if its possible to stretch jeans out which are 100% cotton and a tad small in the crotch/bottom/waist

or should i just re-sell and try to re-cop despite being a bit rare :(

what brand of jeans are they??

nearly all denim will stretch out as you wear it, so i guess your best bet is just to wear them round the house lots, maybe even try sleeping in them :)

otherwise you could try soaking them, and then wearing them while they are wet and stretching them out like that.....

To be honest, I wouldn't feel flattered at all if I only saw it online... :P Truely need to handle to appreciate.

Was at Zara today (you guys know that? spanish low-budget brand) and got my first drop crotch pants for a steal price. Cotton / Linen blend. Great for summer. Gotta have it slimmed down a lot though. Shouldn't be a problem (regarding the fabric etc), no?

haha typo I was thinking of .de my bad, of course I remember you're from Germany ;D

any good tailors should able to fix that for ya.

kopped some aw10 luc, cant wait to get them.

where from? a lot of online stores seem to be sold out in smaller sizes already. :(

pants or tops or?

i just kopped this destroyed scarf from vertice london, in black, khaki. great folks there, thinking of getting more from them.. but hold out their m.a+

039c25a751db8bd9214a79154037d2f1?height=487&width=325

of course, kopped more ccps... no idea when to expect, as sergio said it's one of the special ones..

also, just IC for a mate in a pair of luc knitted derbies in size 43, anyone interested just email me:

fenrost [at]hotmail[dot]com

How come hold out on their MA+? I kopped some from them relatively recently, something up?

I'm thinking of making a scarf since I can't find anything as long as I want it to be. What materials do you guys recommend? I want something that's structured enough to hold itself high up on the neck, while not itchy. I was thinking of combining one side cotton and the other side fleece, for a bit of a tattered look. I'll get around to post my DIY drop crotch pants here if anybody's interested as well.

How come hold out on their MA+? I kopped some from them relatively recently, something up?

I'm thinking of making a scarf since I can't find anything as long as I want it to be. What materials do you guys recommend? I want something that's structured enough to hold itself high up on the neck, while not itchy. I was thinking of combining one side cotton and the other side fleece, for a bit of a tattered look. I'll get around to post my DIY drop crotch pants here if anybody's interested as well.

I guess they are just being awesome to me.