australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

anyone here interested in a CCP Male 08 Glue seam button up long black shirt, in Gitter fabric, it's tunic like. in size 50? (fit like 48)

No but if you're ever looking to unload some of your Sz.46 CCP coats (or your friend :>) you know who to hook up :P I totally fell in love with snafus 06 Ramie coat...

What's your grail if I may ask?

Just came home from running... getting freaking hot here so I started my run at 9.15 am. Had a good time and was back at the bus stop at 11.20.... hmmm... maybe going for my record (half marathon) in the end of the year..

You could try going to Draculas as well. I heard that it's really fun and worth the money. I didn't end up going because it didn't work out timing wise, but I wish I did.

Another store you could drop by is Marais in the Royal Arcade, which shouldn't be too out of the way from whatever you're doing. Wasn't too bad last time I went and the SA was quite friendly. Could be good during sales.

I really liked breakfast at DeGreaves Street, and has a decent waffle stand in the lane as well. Went there almost every morning.

Eureka Tower on the other hand was semi pointless...

Marais stock was meh, but the SA was extremely nice and wrote me a few recommendations for food and shopping

woah, no offense to you kuu, but really? fucking draculas? holy shit, I would rather cheese grate my front teeth off...

for breakfast, degraves is good in the city, but best to get out of the cbd.

check out http://thebreakfastblog.blogspot.com/ for good spots. Maybe go to seven seeds, as it's not far from queen vic market. best coffee in melbourne, although I'm yet to try market lane... other wise hit up brother bada budan for coffee and say hi to Courtney and Verity at C.O.T. too.

I have tried BBB and it was greaaatttt. many return visits.

i'll try 7 seeds tomorrow.

I always leave it too late to try COT.

depending on how long your down for you should also try and check out the melbourne design market (http://www.melbournedesignmarket.com.au/) and i have also heard good things about the tim burton exhibition currently on.

as for breakfast, i really don't eat out enough to be particularly helpful but the last time i went out for breakfast was to Porgie + Mr Jones in hawthorn and it was lovely (http://porgiemrjones.com.au/)

Went to try and see the tim burton exhibition today but the line was fucked up long. serves me right for waiting for the weekend.

hhaa. p, sure do.

dint venus in furs selling his ccp coat in sz 46 back then?

i havent seen any store ordered the classic coat. in the 09s.

anyway, i was informed that stephen@EM decided to order more ccp from the males. no idea when to expect and exactly what he ordered. but i am looking forward... its gonna be crazy ccp buy as usual.

As for grail, i wont say it's "omfg awesome", the store is playing hard to get, it's driving me even more crazy! but i will post some pics eventually if i get it, tho. : \

^ NotoriousT bought this one... Too thick for what I'm looking for anyway. I want sth versatile for spring and fall... For winter, I still have my old DH coat (I think this is the one).

Was totally considering to buy a Julius coat from upcoming AW10, but I am looking for sth matte.... That coat snaf is wearing just compromises both... being slim and tailored without looking too dressed up. So you can incorporate it either in a chic outfit, or in your daily warderobe...

btw... wish us luck guys. I hope they take Podolski out this time :-\

hey those DH coat look great.

yeah, the _7 coat is quite nice, dont mind the slight gloss. and you're right about the heavy wool hi-colar.. its not as year-round as the classics..

how about ph coat? they are quite.. decent, if one wants to wear it with cropped pants for autumn/fall, would work too, in an interesting way, i guess.

saw chin's waywt. .suddenly need to check myself again me in ph. this pic i posted waaaaaaaaaay back then.. not so great fit/pic. but anyway..

this coat i remember is light weight.

phfit.jpg

I like PH stuff but I feel it's not for me / does not work with my usual silhouette... I find PH kind of hard to pull off, especially with my very reduced warderobe. I basically want something clean which is striking because of the material / texture and the fit (dont mind details e.g. frayed hem either)...

Chins (=duncan, I assume) WAYWT is indeed interesting.... I really hope he is going to put up a better pic tomorrow, cant tell too much from this one.

Speaking of PH... the best pieces for me were always the derbies. For the rest... havent handled in person, cannot tell too much from the pics.

The DH coat is indeed great... snagged it at 50%off and it has become a grail for some DH followers. But I noticed that some idiot seemed to have put a cig on it. There are signs of burning, just with the diameter of a cig. Not noticable, but it still bothers me :-\\

Yeah, you recall correctly... I take it as compliment that my poor WAYWT was memorable :>

But I wouldn't consider myself as skinny , I prefer slim-built haha

As for PH, I think it works best if you play with volume etc. The problem is, I only have slim pants / jeans so that would look kind of odd, I guess.

Game starting in 20mins... I am thrilled.

Btw - poor Ghana, the win would have been well-deserved!

The DH coat is indeed great... snagged it at 50%off and it has become a grail for some DH followers. But I noticed that some idiot seemed to have put a cig on it. There are signs of burning, just with the diameter of a cig. Not noticable, but it still bothers me :-\\

invisible-mending would do the trick.

Yeah, you recall correctly... But I wouldn't consider myself as skinny , I prefer slim-built haha

As for PH, I think it works best if you play with volume etc. The problem is, I only have slim pants / jeans so that would look kind of odd, I guess.

Game starting in 20mins... I am thrilled.

Btw - poor Ghana, the win would have been well-deserved!

haha. sorry, yes. slim. i always thought skinny is a compliment!

I really find it difficult to wear CCP with Ph together, some ppl wear it well however.. but maybe it's just me and in my head.

Gonna pass watching the games tonight.:cool:

Was totally considering to buy a Julius coat from upcoming AW10, but I am looking for sth matte.... That coat snaf is wearing just compromises both... being slim and tailored without looking too dressed up. So you can incorporate it either in a chic outfit, or in your daily warderobe...

DBSS perhaps if you want something less dressy than the quite traditional looking frock coat that snafu is wearing? not really a fan of the snaps that VA uses either after handling the FW07 high collar coat...

I actually like them both :> The best about those is, is that they are kept simple... Many zips on the julius 'iteration' of the intarsia... I mean, it's cool but creates a totally different look. The the just neck has back zips on the wrists btw?

Btw Ivans, dont you experience difficulties wearing Rick leathers regarding your height? I figured out I will actually never be able to purchase a Rick leather because of that issue... a Small always measures somewhat below 60cm (usually 58,5) and I need at least 60cm. Otherwise it ends just right above my arse which makes it look even bigger than it is (my arse, not the leather).

DJI - thanks for the suggestions! I really appreciate your help on my quest, guys... I dont like the lapels on this one. I know, I am a goddamn perfectionist. Do you remember the DBSS coat you once posted in good finds? Still bummed it was a Sz.1... Such a great coat and price :-\

I like both of this seasons intarsias too, high collar wins though imo. P leather jackets are meant to be fairly short and end before the tail bone, not sure why exactly you'd want one to be longer than that. most Julius leathers have zippers on the sleeves, gives such a bad arse look (that and I was never a fan of bomber jacket style ribbed cuffs...).

if you don't like the lapels then this DBSS coat would be perfect haha. love my DBSS coat, its now my everyday coat.

Well maybe I wasnt clear... I dont want a long ass leather, of course... But when it's too short, ending in my lower back, it just looks silly. Maybe that's an issue of my body type, I dunno... But it's a matter of a few cms... 58 is way too short, 60cm is okay, 62cm perfect...

As for cuffs... I like an open ending with leather and no zips.. (if that makes any sense, dunno how to describe it better)

You still checking out Y!JP? I check regulary but if you stumble across anything which might be sth for me (e.g. the bespoke DBSS coat in a sz2) feel free to hook me up please :)