australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Would kill for a good, thick and authentic hot chocolate.

Tip for hot chocolate @ home:

Domori Hot Chocolate.... actually dont know about the pricing, probably high... but Domori is always good stuff. Highly recommended if you're a chocaholic..

Just came home from uni... damn, Japan is playing boring :( was hoping they'ld win the cup, loved how they played against DK...

Hey guys help me out. I remember Ben telling me about Australian customs but I lost the post with the information.

What is the price bracket where we are charged customs tax, how much is it and is it billed to you separately after? Inquiring about a purchase at the moment but want to know how much it's going to cost in total.

Hey guys help me out. I remember Ben telling me about Australian customs but I lost the post with the information.

What is the price bracket where we are charged customs tax, how much is it and is it billed to you separately after? Inquiring about a purchase at the moment but want to know how much it's going to cost in total.

this probably your safest bet for answers....http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5653.asp

Anywhere in Melbourne that I can scope out for really thick hot chocolate.

Hey e you should definitely check out movida/movida next door and have the churros with thick hot choc… I was in the mood for a bev and she matched it with a beautiful Spanish sherry..

Do it! Trust me

Sorry to bring this up again but can someone help me get in contact with Joe… not sure if any of you guys have heard from him but would be greatly appreciated if you could pass on that to get in contact with me

As it was mentioned I am owed a hefty amount of money and I haven’t heard from him the past month

Lastly I feel the need to say this as it was made public and I will defend myself, Mitch, if you had included me in the reference as someone needing to wake up and “shitting†on Joe when he needed our understanding, you are clearly mistaken…

You are right that Joe’s service and prices is what kept me loyal (as well as the fact I thought he was a genuine and nice guy), and I stayed loyal and understanding to him and his situation even after the 4.7K I was/am owed..

will not vent my frustrations/story here, but thought it was necessary to say at least this given what was said

as I said above, it’d be appreciated if someone who knows how to contact Joe ior is in contact with him, to get back to me

Also if you're getting it sent by courier service, they might call you telling you have a package and they offer to do all the customs paperwork/tax ect. for you for a small fee, which saves you a lot of hassle, they just ask for your CC.

hey jbone and everyone else who is involved in this.

just want to make something clear here guys. i am in no way defending joes poor business practises. i find it quite disturbing that he owes forum members substantial amounts of money.

if my name wasnt mentioned in the post that started this whole dilemma you would never have heard from me. i dont think the withhunt mentallity is the way to go about things and the personal remarks about joes mental state seemed a little too over the top. my remark about joe being shat on was directed to the person/people who passed on private information when they were given that information in confidence.

to be honest im quite annoyed that i cant seem to shake the drama, i left the job because i needed to focus on my own career and 6+ months down the track i still find myself having to help resolve problems that i have nothing to do with.

the people who are waiting to be paid back; you have every right to be pissed off and should do what ever is in your power to make sure you get every cent back.

this will be the last from me as i feel ive said all that is necessary. good luck guys.

I have spoken to a guy at Live Fashion (sales agents for several of the brands Never End once stocked) who informed me Never End's bad practices stretch back as far as mid 2009, back when Joe was partnered with Mitch. People are ceratinly not as innocent as they would have us believe.

Unfiortunately this goes far beyond one order of Augustas.

since when was i ever "partnered" with joe? i was employed as a sales assistant and nothing more.

for me to be a partner i would have to have some kind of financial interest in the business which has never taken place.

all debt that is owed to previous designers was accumalated far before i was hired and this whole augusta issue took place far after i left.

if you want to keep including me then please get your info correct, i dont want to have to keep coming here defending myself because people think they know what they're talking about.

im not joes gaurdian. its his business and at the end of the day the final decisions rest in his hands.

But you were an active member of this forum at that stage, and fair enough if you were officially 'partnered' with Joe, but you certainly knew what was going on. Why didn't you at the very least tell us? Or say to Joe, your mate, "Hey, you're not doing too well here, why don't you settle your current debts before you start taking money from more people?".

I'm not suggesting you are, or should be, Joe's guardian, but a little bit of common courtesy surely isn't out of the question.

i was never given a full breakdown of the level of debt joe was in and most of the info that has been displayed in this thread is news to me as well as you guys. when i started i assumed that all the info that was given to me was the full story as i assumed there would be no hidden info between friends. as a friend i trusted joe and obviously my sudden departure is proof enough that certain matters were discussed and i wasnt happy with the outcome.

the level of debt the business was in (that i was made aware of) when i left was in a very manageable state, so why would i come here to warn people?

if i had any feeling of guilt or felt i had info to hide do you think i would post here?

thats the last i will say, to suggest that im even partially responsible for joe owing you money is ridiculous.

I don't think this is the right place for the hate mongering, but I do think the topic should be discussed here. Never End was essentially born of this forum, and a fair few of us obviously helped subsidise it.

I don't understand why everyone is so unwilling to discuss the topic. I also don't understand why there needs to be some shroud of secrecy over all the information.

^ it is a little disappointing that it is brushed aside..

As adam said i dont think its the right place for hate mongering, but Joe was apart of the community and NVREND was born here with almost all members on this forum more than willing to offer him our support (not just financially)

understand that it isnt other people's problems, but i thought you would at least be interested to know what happened and how our trust was betrayed by a member of this forum

Jeez so much reading to catch up on, I think I'll stay out of this Neverend discussion...

Tyro, I have been to Shoya a few times but only for regular dining, not bbq. I must say though, Shoya is the best traditional style Japanese in Melb. I rate it the same as Nobu, which is more new style Japanese cuisine.

The only Japanese bbq I've had was Koko in Crown and I would definately recommend it even though I don't have anything to compare it to. It was much better than any korean bbq I've had.

I'm not a hot chocolate fan so no recommedations there :P

fen.. adam and myself have been trying to settle in private.. i've been trying for 9 months (my first email of asking how lomg my order would take)

but when you dont hear from a guy for a month or you had reason after reason which i know now was excuse after excuse.. what do you do?

tbh, I'd prefer this thread to be kept melbourne shopping, eating, drinking culture, etc specific, but its not my thread.

agree Dave and i have no problem with that, it is melbourne thread afterall... but that hasnt always been the case.. there has been heavy discussion about NVREND in the past and thought it should only be valid to discuss the recent info

Tyro I just realised I got the name wrong haha so I edited, it's Koko not Kobe.

EDIT: I think it's a mistake to steer clear from Crown, it has some of the best restaurants in Melb imo. Definately try out Koko, Jay Jay's Bar & Grill, Nobu, Rockpool, and if you're a dessert freak like me, Conservatory buffet has a dessert buffet option, $20.50 and comes with a coffee or tea. I still want to try Maze but they said it's 6 months booking in advance for Fridays and 8 months for Saturdays.

Oh and KuuRob, this page will get you a better idea on customs.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Examples down the bottom. Iirc the duty for clothes is 10% and shoes is 15%, instead of the 5% used in the examples.

for sure, that's why I say, it's not my thread, if people want to talk about clothes, designers and collections, I'm not going to stop anyone, but right now, I just want to know where I'm getting my J or K BBQ on this weekend.

haha fair enough...

got to catch up on all the pages while i was away.. saw your post about aust lacking bbq joints.. my word we really are amatuer here

got to eat here http://www.wurstkucherestaurant.com/ while i was in LA (whihc i think you posted as well)

melb have any decent german bbq places similar?

im heading down in couple months

I'm pretty sure it was Adam's eyelets that he changed, not his aglets? :D

Cheers for the customs info guys, will rep when I can...if that even matters lol. Sigh...gonna cost me an extra 300ish... :(

Adam and JBone, I honestly believe that everybody here sympathizes with your position and is not siding with Joe or anything. By the sounds of it most of us, including myself, have already done all we can to help you in the situation. But the fact that ABG has been degrading Joe, his mum, Mitch and using real IRL names while hiding under an anonymous alias is bullshit. It changes this 'community of discussion' to more of a witch hunt, which is why people are opting for this to take place elsewhere.

ABG, if you honestly want help from this community stop being a dick. Why don't you post your real name and address as you have been doing with Joe's details. Is it relevant to post your details? No. But was it relevant to post Joe's? No. You are changing this situation from 'getting your money back' to trying to ruin somebody's life. This is apparent so don't even try justifying yourself with your weak excuses. So man the fuck up and stop being a pussy behind that shitty alias.

First of all I would like to commend those who have privately contact me in relation to not only the current outstanding owed cash from Joe and Never End, but a history of un explained issues that date back to the start of Never End.

I won't prohibit the discussion on NVREND as it seems to be a very unfortunate situation in which some members are involuntarily involved in. but refrain from making personal attacks and accusations towards other members, as well as sharing any personal information on the forums.

EDIT: I think it's a mistake to steer clear from Crown, it has some of the best restaurants in Melb imo. Definately try out Koko, Jay Jay's Bar & Grill, Nobu, Rockpool, and if you're a dessert freak like me, Conservatory buffet has a dessert buffet option, $20.50 and comes with a coffee or tea. I still want to try Maze but they said it's 6 months booking in advance for Fridays and 8 months for Saturdays.

Agreed, Crown used to be very average but nowadays it's one of the best places to eat; almost can't go wrong.

LOVE Nobu and Rockpool, neither are cheap but I try to go once every few months.

As for Korean BBQ, dunno too many places but there's a decent joint in Box Hill, just off Station St. Actually, I think it's called "Korean BBQ", last time i was there it was around $30 for all you can eat, was very much full when I left.

I am actually quite happy to be informed that something dodgy had been happening with NVREND as I was almost about to place an order for a few things. But as the others have said, a public forum is not the place to slander, to discuss sure.

Are you just going to LA Tyro? or hitting up Chicago/NY?

kuugia.. completely agree that the personal attacks are unwarranted..

(or for that matter, attacks on other members for no valid reason)

nick.. sorry man, knew it was one of you guys ;) but it was awesome nonetheless.. had the in'n'out, but i was most impressed with umami burger.. got to try a few but the truffle burger was my fave.. wanted to try the burger at bouchon but was too hungover to drive (had read about it before i went and a few ppl overthere gave it teh go ahead)

so any of them you won't be disappointed dave

what area you staying? we stayed 2 nights bev hills and 4 santa monica to mix it up... i'd recommend doing the same if you there long enough

for meals, i loved pizza mozza and it's a must visit imo (not just cuz i love pizza)... we were lucky enough to get a walk-in, apparently it's booked out a month in advance? it is only small so i could believe that.. anything will be good but the three cheese one the waiter reommended was my fave... good selection of wines as well and dessert was just as good

doesn't matter if u cant get a res cuz just around the corner they have a place u can do takeaway, did that one of the nights and picked up a 6pack from 7/11 and ended up being a cheap meal..

our one lash out meal was at the bazaar.. that was an experience and a half, top notch.. couldn't afford to lash but did it anyway

nba finals were on when i was there so we hung out a place called the parlour in santa monica.. one of the best experiences of teh whole trip.. counted about 40 big plasma's/LCD's.. place was jam packed full of ppl screaming the whole time.. food is very average, but good to watch some sport and have a drink (not sure if teh vibe would be the same withouit the finals though)

breadbar in bev hills was our ritual spot for brekkie, went to anisette in sanata monica and another day at our hotel (viceroy)... they also got a cool bar but not worth trvellling all teh way for if you after a drink

had food at gjelina one night in venice... cool hang out spot and all he food hat was coming out looked crazy nice

im a beer guy so i checked out the library alehouse in santa monica, i think you would like it too if you in to your beers like me... had a drink with some guys ta the huntley bar, pretty awesome view but liek viceroy, probably better barrs around with less pretentious ppl

had a night at he thompson hotel (where we stayed at bev hills), cool rooftop chill out.. there was a party going while we were there so it was good atmosphere..

1474!! you got a good deal dude

who u flying around domestically over there with? i'm assuming u flying over &back vaustralia?

haha fen nah i didnt get a chance to.. well i did have a chance i just didnt want to be tempted cuz i had no funds to spare, really had money for my food/travel/drinks and that was it... LA surprised me, i wasnt expecting to have the time i had.. i'd go back in a heartbeat.. weather was pumping as well

also got to vancouver which was for work, that place i could live........

if it wasn't so cold and wet

although we had awesome weather, apparently it rains quite alot