australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

damn me too been on a scarf search for aaaages. i missed out on 2 batches of norse projects scarves from heist store and am real pissed about that cos i saw it once, slept on it, and they were sold out every other time i went back.

if you want that sarti don't wait too long melvin, i know a bunch of people who are eyeing that! sarti scarves look light but they insulate pretty well, esp that silk/wool blend should be perfect for here

i've also decided to just wait till the perfect sarti scarf appears cos i really only want a sarti but in a non-black which is rare on sufu/sz. love the ones on museum ark the most but the ones i really like are sold out arrghghh

Thanks for the heads up Jim!

pm sent. Let's hope its still there :o

I've only handled sarti scarves once while I was in Japan last year... didn't put much thought though as I don't really wear scarves...

is $220USD a good price? nfi about sarti's rrp :/

Incase deleuze's is sold.. you know any other webstores I can check out?

Hide-san can do a direct order with them, Japanese mark up would probably be considerable compared to European pricing though. just a reminder that a lot of _7 stoles are made from Sarti fabrics too. ;)

Ah ye thought Hide-san was affiliated with them.. I might shoot him an email if all fails.

Was looking at _7 stoles but really liking the dual-colour finishing on some of Sarti's scarves... purple and black would go with most things! urgh should've just insta-copped before when the seller is still online.

@ Nick - mangz I fell sick as a dog a couple of days ago because of the fkn weather. A day before I leave for QLD too.. sigh. Going to a fine dining restaurant with your gf on her birthday with a sore throat and a fever is a mega ultra epic fail.

Melvin meant his gf

yeah a friend of mine is leaving the country for good and her husband's mates bought them dinner at Est. only to have her fall majorly sick with a sore throat and not being able to drink even if everyone at the table got the wine course lol, $250 down the drain!

^ ahaha...

I own a blue / black sarti scarf... Pretty light, but beautiful. 60% Virgin Wool 40% Silk... I dunno how cold it becomes at Austrialia but I wouldnt wear it in the deepest winter. Prefer a thick and long wool scarf. Pure black, of course :P

Plus, I feel like the sarti scarfs are extremely fragile... The knitting is very loose. Well constructed, of course but sometimes yarns might come off...

Old Pic...

Wish it would get colder again. In the boiling heat there is nothing one can wear except a tee and shorts. And I hate shorts. The only pair I own is H&M and I guess I wont cop another one :>

notsicknorwell = stereophobic? Those IS pants are quite something :> Would you mind sharing stock pics? They look considerably slim?!

any of you guys know much about fabric dyeing? i want to dye a pair of pants from olive to super pitch black. thinking of buying dylon hand dyes. pants are 95% cotton 5% poly i think. tips would be great.

remember to add salt. polyester doesn't pick up the dye you're using iirc, so you might not be able to get that super pitch black you want, although the low percentage might allow it to. also, assuming the threads used are polyester threads (which are pretty common), those probably won't get too dark either, if it picks up the dye at all. and assuming it's a fairly heavy fabric like denim, you might want to use 2 packets.

there are separate dyes for the synthetic fibres but i don't know if they're as easily available where you're getting yours from.

my suggestion is just dyeing it once and living with the drkshdw colour you'd probably get :D

i think the 5% poly is for the threads which i'm not too worried about. the pants are pretty thick. i was actually thinking of using 4 packets lol.

what are other well know dyeing brands? specifically ones that are super black?

nah drkshdw doesn't cut it. its super black or in the bin :P.

Ah sure thing B! I PM'd him when he was still online before - enquiring about the weight but I told him I'll have a think about it. So he'll probably sell it to you :) Let me know how it goes! I did PM him back shortly after though.

Eitherway, I might have found another alternative - Still Sarti but 100% cashmere ;)

Oh damn, Melv I also pm'd deleuze about the sarti scarf eariler today aswell. Hopefully one of us gets it and maybe pass it on to the other if it doesn't work out? :)

I need to step up my game. I rock either a jeans west knit scarf or a cotton on black cotton scarf. Just lame basics really.

don't worry, i use a 2000 yen scarf the length of an anaconda from 'jeansmate' (basically a 24/7 version of trims...but shittier, if possible) in tokyo.

Melv I wouldn't worry about what material the scarf is made out of to protect you from the weather. I think our 'cold' is mild compared to the northern hemisphere, so as long as it stops the wind it's all good.

Suck it mother fuckers...2 meter long scarf hand knitted by my girlfriend! :D Haha...but to be completely honest I don't wear it often because it was her first try at knitting...so there's knots in it lol. I just use the DD braided scarf.

About the dying to pitch black, I recently bought that Dylon fabric dye as well. So I'd be interested to hear how yours turns out if you don't mind updating us. :)

Hmm Damir Doma always has that Prince of Persia undertone for me since this post by Mailmoth... too good :>>

Speaking of which (Damir, not the Moth). Might get the shirt I was looking for off misterpale at SZG. But still a bit hesitant. Anybody dealt with him? Inquired some time ago about some items and he never replied. Before that, as I was selling my Dick leather he messaged me plural times, always wanting to trade sth and when there was nothing he gave me lowball offers... All his sale threads dont have any own pics. Nevertheless, some members dealt successfully with him. I just asked him for additional pics and measurements, although I know the shirt, just too see how serious he is...... if it's a mess to deal with him I'ld rather pass on the shirt...

You guys are all studying btw? Or already working?

Uni is giving me a hard time these days... too much group work and some students dont feel the need to do anything / are just creepy so the more engaged ones (read: me) need to do their work to get it done properly.. fuck that.

edit... was just skipping around. Some sarti scarfs on sale here..

I think he's kind of slow, but so many people have had transactions with him he can only be legit. there was some trouble with him disappearing from SZ for a while though, you can find the relevant posts in the seller's feedback thread from about 3-4 months ago, and he's an irl friend of theaddict.

P that's the way it is in life really, there will always be some people who don't give as much as a fuck as you. even if you end up getting employed by a great company there will always be a risk that you will end up meeting someone like that. however the true measure of a person will be in how you choose to resolve the situation, so relish the chance. personally I might've went down slightly in grades because of others, but I've never had a project or assignment tank completely.