australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

pants, mainly.

missed out on the graphite j-pants at A, and other stores who already received their aw10 shipment didn't seem to order any in 44... hopefully darklands/shelter II might get them i guess.

shelter II did post their aw10 luc few weeks ago , but they took it all down last week... so u might wanna have a proxy to email them what they got.

Pollyanna will be getting some luc as well, however if u still can't find what you want, you can do some luc custom order via them.

I'll get around to post my DIY drop crotch pants here if anybody's interested as well.

Always appreciated! Preferably with fit pics :) Just brought mine to the tailor... we'll see how it turns out.

As for scarfs... I guess a cotton / cashmere / silk blend would be ideal... Silk for the softness, cashmere for the strucure and cotton to make it not too thick... But I have no idea of DIY anyway..

Rob, scarf looking great... Reminescent of that awesome sarti scarf minomni once posted (at least for the first glance).

Just returned back home for holidays... Work placement starting on mondays.. looking forward.

I guess they are just being awesome to me.

If it's about something that starts with 's' and got to do with avoiding something that starts with 'c', then I'm all good. They were awesome and nice to me, couldn't ask for more. :D

It's a winter scarf for when I'm in Japan and in the snow, mainly.

Yeah I'll get around to putting up some pics after the weekend MoFiya. Let us know how your tailor does with the drop crotch pants too. Oh and thanks for the recommendations but I don't think I'll have any access to cashmere.. :(

actually, cashmere = wool

If it's about something that starts with 's' and got to do with avoiding something that starts with 'c', then I'm all good. They were awesome and nice to me, couldn't ask for more. :D

my scarf is under the amount, so i dint ask.

dont mind another scarf. ahaha. on the hunt

img_142767_29241542_0.jpeg

img_142767_29241542_1.jpeg

ESS Laboratory have a few nice scarves (they're not on the blog)... I just popped in yesterday. One I particularly like is this chunky, super comfy alpaca wool grey one similar to the above one. I'd made up my mind on a patterned Faliero Sarti one (trawling through rakuten every now and then) so I didn't get any or check price points, but I think they're worth having a look.

I went to Mamasitas again on Saturday and it was even better than the first time. Got there a bit before 6 so the wait was only 15-20min this time. You guys really need to check it out, and get there before 6pm.

The ‘’Street Style’’chargrilled corn with queso, chipotle mayonnaise, & lime is a must get for a starter (wanted to get it last time but I wanted to try too many things so I ended up not ordering it). I never thought I would like corn cob that much lol. The braised duck with orange and fennel taco was also great, like Mexican style Peking Duck :P, with really fresh flavours. For the main, I had the Chipotle braised goat and I must say, one of the best meat dishes I've ever had.

who would have thought that even the police can be useful sometimes...

Conversion

n. a civil wrong (tort) in which one converts another's property to his/her own use, which is a fancy way of saying "steals." Conversion includes treating another's goods as one's own, holding onto such property which accidentally comes into the convertor's (taker's) hands, or purposely giving the impression the assets belong to him/her. This gives the true owner the right to sue for his/her own property or the value and loss of use of it, as well as going to law enforcement authorities since conversion usually includes the crime of theft.

advice please: I am after a bag, everyday use, but it also needs to work as a uni bag. I bought a visvim 20l (which is for sale if anyone is intrested) but i just don't think i am a backpack kinda guy. these are some of the interesting bags i have spotted, i guess i am probably after a tote type bag....

bag.jpg

dvnsac3.jpg

gqmilan18.jpg

what do you guys think?? Opinions, suggestions, advice. I am currently obsessed with that first one.

also work (fat) just got in some of the new ffixxed stuff, which i think is definitely worth a look. A couple of shirts, a wool suit, and an couple of interesting jackets.

A tote bag becomes a pain to carry (IMO)

check out this site: http://rushfaster.com.au/

I know you said you weren't a backpack guy but some of the Herschel Supply Co bags are nice, and they do a messenger if thats your thing.

I just picked up the "Pop Quiz" in white (as seen in recent purchases) and I know conqueror is happy with his two herschel bags.

...advice please:

bag.jpg

what do you guys think?? Opinions, suggestions, advice. I am currently obsessed with that..

depends on your budget?

i am abit biased here but in terms of bags, m.a+ has it for me - simplistic / timeless, durable and of course the uncanny conceptual construction. . i literally trashed my m.a+ and they still look new.

this one is next lvl.

ma_fw108bag_atelier_11_medium.jpg

Don't have time at the moment to type up a proper DIY, so I'll post this fit pic for now. My first try at making clothes. Drop crotch pants with four pockets, inspired initially by MA+ (with Julius and RO influences too).

IMG_3563.jpg

Lol at mirror...it's not mine! :D

Added: Some concept and detail shots.

PantTIle.jpg

i forgot to mention...when i was in melbourne last week i was hanging with some friends in GPO and one of them wanted to take a piss. for some reason it was dead quiet and my friend and i were waiting for him outside the dudes toilet. all of a sudden some amaaaaazing looking girl comes out of the women's one holding a few pairs of heels and my mouth literally hits the floor. went outside 5mins later to see her filming some commercial or some shit. turns out it was lucy mcintosh who is apparently engaged to some idiot in the black eyed peas. seriously stunning.

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate it.

Adam the drop crotch part of the pant is made out of Ponti De Roma (which was awesome for a noob like me) and the inside part of the pant was made out of Stretch Bengaline.

Got some better pics of the front and back here.

FrontBackTile.jpg

There's actually quite a few problems with the pants...but I don't have the skill to correct. :(