australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

just got home from Pieces - tried on Individual Sentiments garments for the first time... I can honestly say I'm in love. I need size -0 in everything though lulz.

The length of the coats is perfect. Just like you said KuuRob, IS is a Japanese label after all. Time to save up!

Went to claude maus, assin and EM.

handled silent DD, was sooo cheap and unimpressed, kinda overrated,. i rather kop claude maus, which are icon14.gif.

then went to EM saw another ccp leather coat, two insane ccp hi-collar gloved leather coat, all under 1 roof, crazy.... EM will expect some small CCP shipment soon, more rubber drip drip dripsss..

A circular was sent out, next CCP collection wont happen till October... so next CCP will probably 2011. lol.

I already have 2 pairs of the rubber sneaks, but if EM order a pair in my size in very different colour i might even consider a 3rd.... love them to death till this day.

no idea when to expect ccp delivery however.

EM = eastern market? that's the one store in melbourne i wanted to go to but couldn't find, i did give up pretty quickly though. think i wrote down the wrong street name...

yeah, the location is quite discreet. looks like a small delusional chapel from the street but inside its grandeur

just got home from Pieces - tried on Individual Sentiments garments for the first time... I can honestly say I'm in love. I need size -0 in everything though lulz.

The length of the coats is perfect. Just like you said KuuRob, IS is a Japanese label after all. Time to save up!

It really is something else in person isn't it? Fits just seem to work for us small people. :D

Just finished booking all my holiday flights, really stoked! Anybody else planning on going somewhere end of year?

anyone know what ccp material code the ccp cordovan boots I'm selling are?

is it COIL? fen?

/lame questions

yeah, coil.

actually, 09 footwear leathers :

coil = cordovan (stiff, obverse smooth texture)

groil = kangaroo (soft-like, dye tend to be off than the described color/code, roo leather rejects dye more)

cuba = horse (stiff, the so-called, scarred leather in the 09s, i guess the precise description are obverse and reverse in one piece)

apparently stephen also ordered some cuba boots in-coming ccp shipment:

o0640048010224399964.jpg

the elements of irregularities in one piece, best curated by runner

"the way the selvedge and the rest of the fabric are is the state that is ambiguous

as it can be considered as a thing that is incongruous as well as two things that are unified.

naturally he let his inward monomaniac sink in that direction of disparity too.

in its vision there is perhaps something like a shoreline, a vague boundary on earth between water and land,

brought into focus gradually, it's more like a substance that either is freezing or is thawing on the contrary.

then a block of half icy meat in a drip on a hook in a slaughterhouse.

two dirrerent textures, phases of one thing.

blurred interface.

this abstract concept is concretely perceivable in the irregular surface of a piece.

- for example, cordovan that has on one side both reverse texture and obverse texture,

the boots whose suede-like texture turns smoother as it goes further down to the toe.

- the fabric with phase transition, that is, its weave pattern is gradually changed.

- object dipping - products dipped in latex. it almost has the appearance of confectionery topped with icing. but technically in this case confectionery bottomed with icing.

it is representative of not only the process of phase transition but also the unsteady existence of the boundary."

as seen mostly in the scarred derbies in 09(Cuba), previous seasons have been coded differently as I suspect technique of scarring were unique each collection: CUB, CALB, etc etc)

cuba.jpg

this one piece irregularities element are seen not limited within leathers, perhaps leather dipped in latex, - forms the shapes of the object and drips gravitationally before solidify - object-dyed as whole to unite the irregularities into one. and fabrics, notably in the suits and coats : Worph and Morph, density and texture woven transitionally.

ccpgreyjack01.jpgccpdgreyjack01.jpg

closeups fabric transitions:

ccpgreyjack03.jpgccpdgreyjack03.jpg

the articulate of the transitions- arms were curve, but it's irregularities were straightly aligned to the torso.

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate it.

Adam the drop crotch part of the pant is made out of Ponti De Roma (which was awesome for a noob like me) and the inside part of the pant was made out of Stretch Bengaline.

Got some better pics of the front and back here.

FrontBackTile.jpg

There's actually quite a few problems with the pants...but I don't have the skill to correct. :(

I just want to know what happens when the skinheads chase you?

I just want to know what happens when the skinheads chase you?

Haha only time not to wear those is Australia Day (most alcoholic/racist day in Australia if I might add?) and clubbing nights. Hahaha.

Dave if you're going to Malaysia there was/is a flight promotion going on from KL -> Seoul (Korea) for like $33...or something.

Thanks for the CCP insight Rob! Could you quote me the TFS (?) in which runner explains Carol's work?

Where does his expertise come from, anyway?

Any news regarding O-project? E.g. background about the clothes and choice of fabrics?

I am still bummed that my Julius pants dont fit properly... Someone cop so I can watch out for sth new!

Btw, I recently posted a fit pic of my altered drop crotch pants, although one cannot tell too much from that pic. But I really like the relaxed and light fit.... Leaning towards buying more less slim pants, with a narrow hem. LUC wrong tension (are they cotton or a cotton/linen blend?) would be perfect, if they'ld only be half the price...

I went to check out the new Individual Sentiments at Cose Ipanema today and thought I'd give you guys a bit of a run down on what they had. Actually on display they only had a double layered beanie/hat, a more simple beanie and these derbies which looked and felt amazing:

showroom10.jpg

I asked if they received clothing pieces from the collection and the SA said they had but it was still in the back. But he was nice enough to take them out for me to have a look at.

They had this coat which wasn't too impressive tbh:

large_l.php?id=insh&item=1

This knitted coat felt very soft and nice but wasn't really my style. It has no structure when worn so I think it would look good worn over-sized on skinny guys.

large_l.php?id=insh&item=4

They also had a really long scarf in the same material but the more amazing thing about the scarf was that it had different knitted textures thoughout it. In the middle it was wider and has a looser knitting. The knitting became tighter and thus became more narrow towards the sides. Such a nice scarf but was around $1250. It should be this scarf:

20100727_1301927.jpg

They had this double layered woven longsleeve in black with an olive underlayer. Felt so soft and comfy but was $960...

large_l.php?id=insh&item=9

There was this hoody but in a heavy rough cotton. almost wool-like.

s10.jpg

They also had an off-white coloured coat with and all over large horizontal/vertical criss-cross pattern but I didn't remember much about it.

Overall it was a larger buy than their 2010SS buy and the prices were a bit cheaper, around 2x Japanese retail. They didn't get any double layered hooded coats this tiime. Also missing was the heavy wool high collar coat which was my fave piece from the collection so that was a bit disappointing ;(.

bl0709163.jpg

Feeling the same way... Pictured pieces are not the ones I would personally order as a store owner. Was an overall very strong collection.... How did you like the fabrics?

I own one IS basic longsleeve which I absolutely love. Fit was rather strange at the beginning, rather stiff and the arms didnt fall down nice, but as with wear it was forming to my body and now it looks so good...

Talking of IS.... I love the slim Cotton / Linen pants they have :P

Feeling the same way... Pictured pieces are not the ones I would personally order as a store owner. Was an overall very strong collection.... How did you like the fabrics?

I own one IS basic longsleeve which I absolutely love. Fit was rather strange at the beginning, rather stiff and the arms didnt fall down nice, but as with wear it was forming to my body and now it looks so good...

Talking of IS.... I love the slim Cotton / Linen pants they have :P

Yeah the overall buy wasn't great, the fabrics were half and half for me. The scarf and the double layer woven long sleeve were great but the coats were average. The fabric for the hoody is very nice, definately a great piece for someone looking for a hoody.

Those pants are very nice, if only they had back pockets though :(

the parachute concept?

only remember seeing the leather vest and leather parka in black/green. (50 and 52s)

they also got the raincoat onlyin size 50 i think, like the one seenmy is selling in the classified.

parachute concept is fantastic

I would prefer the parachute lined one, but would cop the 'standard' coat also - do they have any of those at EM. Do you think I could custom order the parachute lined version?