Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

is a soak necessary for 301s? i thought they're sanforized

yup, to get the starch,glue,and parafin wax out. upon purchase jeans are pretty much saturated with various chemicals that under real consideration i hope no one wants in constant contact with their skin for months on end.the skin is the body's largest organ, and is very prone to absorbing toxins. zimbabwe cotton is mad soft, so it requires quite a bit of stiffening agents to be able to be handled/sewn. personally i always recommend about 3 hot soaks regardless, or even better i hot pre-wear hand wash with soap, to get all the nasties out. :eek:

im thinking about buying a pair of IH301s but cannot decide wether to get sive 32 or 33 ive been going a bit mad constantly measuring an remeasureing my old jeans and looking at the measurements on the Self edge site. i currently wear 29 in APC petite standard these have stretched to 33" im worried the 32's will be too tight on the thighs but the 33's might be too big on the waist andlower legs. i was wondering how much i could expect them to stretch in the thighs and waist.

sorry for irritating question but i need help

im thinking about buying a pair of IH301s but cannot decide wether to get sive 32 or 33 ive been going a bit mad constantly measuring an remeasureing my old jeans and looking at the measurements on the Self edge site. i currently wear 29 in APC petite standard these have stretched to 33" im worried the 32's will be too tight on the thighs but the 33's might be too big on the waist andlower legs. i was wondering how much i could expect them to stretch in the thighs and waist.

I went true to size and I think everybody else did as well. They didn't shrink very much after I I did a very hot soak.

also, my super duper thick leather patch has lost a lot of the details.

I bought a true to size 36 and they have loosened up in the waist over the past 5 months. If you can get into the 32's I would go with them. If they made a size 35 I think I could have made them work. The denim and the details are great on this jean. I feel the fit from the top block down is great. Mine are now a little loose in the waist and hips. I have the 9301's as well. The fit is similar but the denim is very stiff compared to the 301's. I put my 9301's (after a short wash) in the dryer on high for 80 minutes to see if they would shrink but the fit remained the same. My 9301's also fit a little loose in the top block.

Does anyone here have experience washing the IH Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt? I've been wearing mine all summer and I think it's finally time for a wash. Maybe. lol

Here's the thing. Mine is a tad too big and so I wouldn't mind it shrinking a bit - but not a lot. How much did your shirt shrink and how did you wash it (cold/warm)??

thanks

Go true to size. I went in to SFSE today and tried on a pair of the 301s really nice denim and true to size fit me perfect. Although I ended up passing on them the 21oz denim is to heavy for me...:eek:

Does anyone here have experience washing the IH Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt? I've been wearing mine all summer and I think it's finally time for a wash. Maybe. lol

Here's the thing. Mine is a tad too big and so I wouldn't mind it shrinking a bit - but not a lot. How much did your shirt shrink and how did you wash it (cold/warm)??

thanks

I'd say turn it inside out, wash it in warm water with detergent then let it air dry, it'll shrink up about .75" in all dimensions..

I know chances are slim, but I would really like to find someone that would trade a Large Blue IH flannel for my Medium Blue. I also have a Large Red IH Winter Heavy Weight I'd be willing to trade. If not the blue is for sale. 10/10 condition. Blue SOLD would still trade for the red or sell at the same price.

arwmorsharks.jpg

would you say ur 301s fit tighter than 9301s in the same size?

I feel the fit is similar but the denim on the 9301 is so much stiffer that they do feel a little bigger. I've worn my 9301's about 7 times and they are finally starting to soften a little. The 301's are pretty soft to begin with and become very comfortable after 2 or 3 days of wear.