Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

I bought these in Japan a year ago, which is still a recent purchase to me.

P1250087.jpg

Takeo Kikuchi x Lupin the 3rd- got this at Marui Men in Shinjuku. I still haven't watched the anime but the shirt looked cool. Was on sale.

What a great movie. I am geeking out over that shirt. Miyazaki is wonderful.

3x Basecontrol boxers

Basecontrol bath towel

Basecontrol grey henley top

2x Visvim Sublig S/S border tees

Visvim bi-fold wallet

Visvim Christos

Edifice v-neck woolen jumper with v-neck l/s tee (bundled together)

Secks. Did you have 2000db cop most of that stuff for you? (i.e. Basecontrol pieces and stuff from FIL).

last 3 days

225468608.jpg

crazy amount of packages today

thanks to jason @ flying coffin.......new era and tees/sweats are ILL!!

thanks to sofa king awesum charlie for the help with all the pumas

shout to CT CRUUUUUUUUUU!

rest of this stuff is last 2 days

225468589.jpg

DQM

225468553.jpg

the whole jordan wings thing is killed to death but slayer x jordan = effing awesome

225468571.jpg

thanks to matt, finally have these cojps in my right size again...no more squeezing into a smaller size.......

225468542.jpg

and finally fab four wallet...such a great brand.......thanks for all your help shinichi-san

not pictured......Wii, ralph lauren boots and Dunderdon J8 jacket 50% off......

What a great movie. I am geeking out over that shirt. Miyazaki is wonderful.

actually lupin 3rd was a comic and series even before miyazaki directed his lupin the 3rd film. this lupin and crew silouette does not originate with miyazaki, nor did he use this in his film.

this crew looks like it could be purchased at a gift shop. or it looks like you could win this at some game center arcade.

actually lupin 3rd was a comic and series even before miyazaki directed his lupin the 3rd film. this lupin and crew silouette does not originate with miyazaki, nor did he use this in his film.

this crew looks like it could be purchased at a gift shop. or it looks like you could win this at some game center arcade.

That's something I realize. I'd also contend that the silhouettes conjure the characters portrayed in the movie and that the shirt engenders pleasant remembrances. It's just an outward "thank you."

You're right; it's a comic by "Monkey punch" and the movies were directed by various directors, including Miyazaki who infused his own vision and favoured themes into the series. The weirdest of the bunch remain the one with "Mamo", it's almost impossible to conceive the crew weren't on LSD when they thought of that one. I like the crew neck, depending on where he lives it's certainly not a familiar sight to everyone and this recontextualisation effectively removes the "geekiness" or ubiquity inherent in wearing a popular cartoon illustration.

Bought the Rick Owens Monk Hoody,

btw, xricex, how long is this thing actually?? if it is indeed down to the knees, its up for grabs ;)

and this cloak hoody that I had been eyeing for a while but my store sold out a long time ago.

I was kidding when I made the down to the knees comment, still Owen's stuff is generally much too long for my frame (IMHO).

I'm curious about how you'll style the cloak hoodie, the large neck opening begs for something displayed underneath but formalwear is just too much.

over the past month or so...

new.jpg

new CFA tee to replace a crumbling oldie, the last magazine, idea #320, eye #62, Solid Gold: 40 years of award winning magazine design from the society of publication designers, supreme sweater and p&b lows from the warehouse sale, red wing 875s on the break in (aNYthing had these for $60 for the 6" and 12" ... what a fuckin steal), flannel 5950

and this cloak hoody that I had been eyeing for a while but my store sold out a long time ago.

0b27_1.jpg

Haha, I've been watching that eBay auction, but decided I didn't want to buy it because it was too simple for my taste... and also because I'm currently considering the crazy hood/zipper hoodie from Raf (which isn't exactly cheap).

Good buy. :)

I like the crew neck, depending on where he lives it's certainly not a familiar sight to everyone and this recontextualisation effectively removes the "geekiness" or ubiquity inherent in wearing a popular cartoon illustration.

I used to wear the shirt a lot back then and people said that it was a very nice. One Japanese girl I knew the brand and said that it's very famous in Japan. The fit of the shirt is nice for my build, feels very soft, doesn't make me look big and the bottom falls just a little below my waist (I don't like shirts that fall below my crotch area).

i don't know how you've lived in montreal all this time without a beanie. granted i don't have one either and i only have 3 sweaters (light ones, no less) in my entire wardrobe, but still. i feel like i'm going to die everytime i step outside. that is if i have any feeling left.

I had a beanie, I now have two....I really don't wear one that often but right now it's freezing cold outside so I'm quite satisfied with my new purchase.