Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Diamonds...You could rock the shit out of those purcells. Give it a shot, if not, sell em to Mas.

Bed- McQueen jacket looks sick

Red- those avocados look so ripe

Votefornara- thoes shoes aren't my speed, look like some AE's I hate...but that wallet is a thing of beauty.

And the Plaintoes...fuck. I made it to the sample sale at 5:30 and the shit was done deal.

thanks guys.

i also forgot to post this:

D_D40_01.jpg

and milspex, worry not. i have the 86 in a cabinet filled with my vast g.i. joe and barbie collection. i just bought this one to have butt sex with barbie. he looks much better doing it.

Just got a waxed Barbour International jacket, still had some of the tags in one of the pockets...eat your heart out...at the thrift store. I am not even going to say what I paid but it was absolutely disgusting. I got one at the same place a few years back called "the Beaufort" or something like that and I sold it, hated myself for selling it every since. NOW I feel redeemed. Only in a town like Denton, Texas would you find a thrift store that does not know what a new Barbour coat is worth. Some of the people working there could get their missing teeth replaced for what this jacket cost new. I will be needing it considering my new living arrangement. I actually have seen stuff in there that I did not want or could fit into and have told people working there they should buy it and sell it on ebay, they just look at me like I am crazy. The Beaufort jacket I sold I bought for 12 bucks and sold on ebay for like $200. I sometimes feel bad because the people working there just look so very beaten down.

Just got a waxed Barbour International jacket, still had some of the tags in one of the pockets...eat your heart out...at the thrift store. I am not even going to say what I paid but it was absolutely disgusting. I got one at the same place a few years back called "the Beaufort" or something like that and I sold it, hated myself for selling it every since. NOW I feel redeemed. Only in a town like Denton, Texas would you find a thrift store that does not know what a new Barbour coat is worth. Some of the people working there could get their missing teeth replaced for what this jacket cost new. I will be needing it considering my new living arrangement. I actually have seen stuff in there that I did not want or could fit into and have told people working there they should buy it and sell it on ebay, they just look at me like I am crazy. The Beaufort jacket I sold I bought for 12 bucks and sold on ebay for like $200. I sometimes feel bad because the people working there just look so very beaten down.[/quote

Barbour is so classic it's almost timeless. Great acquisition

how warm are the barbour coats? for ex. a beaufort or a bedale...

Well, it has been about 20-30 F. here in North Texas and I find it to be quite warm with a Sweatshirt on under it. They (my new one) has a tartan cotton lining and it is a very heavy weight waxed cotton. You can purchase an alpaca liner for it that I am sure would make it good for colder. It ain't a subzero coat but it will do for most cold/rainy weather. I think it would probably be too hot for like summer or spring rain gear. Mine has no hood and it has a mandarine style riding collar so that limits it for really windy weather, but I am just going to use a hat and scarf with it. I think the beaufort was kind of midweight cotton if I remember correctly but it was still pretty warm

damnlam -- that's incredible. Post some pictures of your International...show it off!

I ran across a post on the other SF detailing a similar Barbour thrift acquisition while I was digging up some info on the Bedale. Was that you?

Yup, I think it was. The old one I had and sold (kick myself harshly) was either a Bedale or Beaufort) I can't remember which.

http://www.garagecompany.com/book_pic2004/steve/steve_mc2m.jpg

The one I have now is similar to the one McQueen is wearing above. Even though it is said that this one is a Belstaff, Belstaff did not have the slanted chest pocket that is one my jacket and clearly seen on the above photo. I left my freaking camera in Florida because I road a greyhound back from christmas vacation and did not want to get jacked as I was in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods coming back (greyhound stations in the deep south at 3:00 am can be fucking HAIRY. I can no longer fly due to combat phobia (former flight crew on attack helo). So no pics, sorry.

yeah, I just went to the bathroom in the office to try them on, haha, great fit, should fit perfect after a soak... the denim is pretty slubby, not as slubby as pbj, but i like it nonetheless... more contrabands coming in, stay tuned... ;)

Holy moly... I am loving that one-line stitch stylee.

yeah man, hand stitched too, that's one of the main reasons I copped them...

yeah, I just went to the bathroom in the office to try them on, haha, great fit, should fit perfect after a soak... the denim is pretty slubby, not as slubby as pbj, but i like it nonetheless... more contrabands coming in, stay tuned... ;)

wait till the soak.....what kind of cameraphone do you have? pics look insane

Treo 700p, haha... steady hands had a lot of to with that... can't focus up close though, notice the tag pic was way way out of focus...

Well, it has been about 20-30 F. here in North Texas and I find it to be quite warm with a Sweatshirt on under it. They (my new one) has a tartan cotton lining and it is a very heavy weight waxed cotton. You can purchase an alpaca liner for it that I am sure would make it good for colder. It ain't a subzero coat but it will do for most cold/rainy weather. I think it would probably be too hot for like summer or spring rain gear. Mine has no hood and it has a mandarine style riding collar so that limits it for really windy weather, but I am just going to use a hat and scarf with it. I think the beaufort was kind of midweight cotton if I remember correctly but it was still pretty warm

man I remember wearing my first barbour jacket 8th-9th grade and understandably, nobody knew what it was. I loved it so much that I have a new one that fits me a little better (now at age 20, nobody knows the significance, but how could I expect that). the only downside is that I'm incredibly afraid to wear it more frequently because people might notice/comment on the musty smell of the waxed fabric. but damn, they look sharp. congrats on the pickup

edit: i just went to go look for it, panicked when I couldn't. then I opened up my closet and found it on the ground. totally wearing this tomorrow. thanks for reminding me! btw, it's the Bedale model

i suppose that was misleading of me to say i have a "new" one... my dad passed it down to me, but I don't think he ever wore it b/c it was too small for him. so it's definitely pre 9/11, perhaps mid-nineties? I don't know if there's been a shift in quality over the years at barbour, but I would imagine that they have held to the same standards since they haven't blown up or anything

it's too bad the treating smell is so offensive to others... last year I was wearing it around my girlfriend and she wrinkled her nose, so I'm hoping I won't gross too many people out tomorrow in class as I walk past them to get to my seat