kiya, any idea if something like this will show up state side?

http://en.item.rakuten.com/star-foot/sg1107ex/

Yup, that's actually a pre-order, all stores (including Self Edge) are getting those in August, it's made of 24oz indigo unsanforized denim with a gold selvedge id.

yea but on rakuten there was another one with the same description but diff number, so i thought it might come in diff cuts

I predict those are going to be around $450-$500

actually I'll bet those will fall into that price range

I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it.

Back pockets after taking off arcs. Pre-soak. Post-soak, no evidence of stitch holes existed.

DSCN2311_903.jpg

nyc winter, long johns + 14 ounces and ur still freezing, if the iron heart flanneled lined come in some nice cuts it may solve all my problems.

mlyngard, was waiting for someone to do that to those arcs. Too much IMO. Looking good. Can only see a little bit on the left pocket. Can't wait to see what you do to them. That denim is really interesting! Out of Rep at the moment...

I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it.

Back pockets after taking off arcs. Pre-soak. Post-soak, no evidence of stitch holes existed.

DSCN2311_903.jpg

Where the arcs used to be is noticeable, but if you massage the denim on the pockets a little bit it will allow the denim to settle and the holes where the thread was passed through the denim will not be noticeable at all.

BTW I am with LandoCal on this. Those arcs are horrible looking and they look a ton better without the arcs.

Thanks guys. Post-soak, you;d never know the arcs were there. Removing them is tedious, but you get into the rhythm (and it's not my first time)

a.khan - totally understood. Philly winters are just as harsh.

Im not particularly worried about the arcs, i dont like em very much but they will probably fall of after a bit of wear. the orange thread on the corners of the pocket is already gone so i figure its pretty delicate.

holy crap... only one week dude?! hm.... i need a pair as well

the entirety of that week has been wearing them to finals and back, the fading properties of these jeans are epic

the entirety of that week has been wearing them to finals and back, the fading properties of these jeans are epic

You're annoying as hell. Stop with all this euphoria...

what "damage" do you speak of anyways?

just trying to keep a thread from fading into obscurity, its basically a bump, except every three days rather than 1

Talk about fast fading...I hope these last you through the year!

i have so much work to do on my imperials and dry bones, but I went ahead and bought a pair of the 1105 anyways. they're coming saturday..so I'll get some fit pics and color-accurate detail photos up then. stoked.

jeans look a lot better without the arcs; looks like they are fading along nicely

This thread was in serious need of some snarky comments and sarcastic bust-ass. I was drowning in sincerity. I can relax now.

he posted fit pics when he got them

Pulled the trigger on the SG1105's! Will be posting fit pics asap!

here we go. shots are all post-soak, taken in open shade. SG1105.

some detail shots:

most accurate color representation:

strikegold1.jpg

strikegold3.jpg

strikegold4.jpg

strikegold2.jpg

and two fit pics:

strikegold6.jpg

strikegold5.jpg

What is your waist measurement where you are wearing them and what size did you get? I'm gonna bite these soon, I really like that cut...

well my waist measures a 31...but every jean i own..i've bought the size that measures a 30. so in these I bought a 29. and they fit really well.