shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

I just learned I hate people giving up/downvotes to the craving thread because every time I'm reminded of what I was craving I crave it again.

i think they're pretty easy at least for STEM-related jobs. getting the interview usually means you're already qualified, so you just need to prove that you understand why you're qualified and are able to explain it to them. it only becomes difficult once you're meeting with your potential-boss and no longer the HR people.

tip: practice interviewing for some companies that you don't want to work for before trying with the job that you are aiming for.

verified by visa is a pile of shit

Couldn't agree with this more, last time I ordered through a shop that had this it ended up freezing my account without telling me.

Went out that night and tried to pay my tab and my card was declined.  

Just glad I have good friends who helped me out.

You could say that "all" classics are overrated based on their status as a classic, but that doesn't make them any less good.

hating on illmatic is kinda whack.. 

it's not as good as 36 chambers or the infamous maybe, but it's still defs a classic

I don't care much for mobb deep, and since you brought it up; illmatic>cuban linx>36 chambers imo

wud love to hear your opinion on rap music you hate beyond "it sucks" 

I like rap and listen to it often, I just dislike Nas. And yeah, he's even better lyrically on It Was Written.

Also how anyone could think Illmatic is better than Enter the Wu-Tang is beyond me.

Apt comparison to me, Slayer was among the weakest and the latest of the big 4, Metallica & Anthrax were way more important in the genesis of the genre, and in my opinion, far better. Exodus were cool too. People just might consider Slayer good because they're somewhat canonical, in the same way people do Nas.

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

Slayer and Nas are good and you have bad taste; but the point was that, while there is metal and there is rap that goes harder now, neither genre would be what it was without their input and the artists that are moving in more extreme directions now owe a huge part of their sound to the work of canonical artists, like Slayer, like Nas.

ps bathory is the metalest, hail satan

I'm not claiming that I dislike Nas because it feels dated - if that was the case I wouldn't listen to stuff like Kurtis Blow or Brother D, or really most early or mid 80s rap, because by most standards both the production and the rapping is pretty primitive compared to current stuff. To be honest Nas, while being pretty popular and hence influencing people (this is what cements his place in the canon) he wasn't really that important to the overall sound of rap, he never really pioneered or even popularized a genre in the same Schoolly D and NWA did for Gangsta Rap or other people did for Boom Bap. So I don't really know if he was that important to the genre. And even if he was more experimental/forward-thinking, I still don't find his music engaging. 

I actually like Slayer somewhat, at least more than Nas - Show No Mercy is a great album - but I still think they're the 2nd worst of the big 4. There's no way they're worse that Megadeth though  :P

And I'll definitely agree with you about Bathory